“Great” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: English
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Situated in the stunning cheshire countryside, The Stag is a family friendly traditional pub providing impeccable service, fresh homemade food and an excellent range of wine, cask ales & champagne to all that visit.Here at The Stag, we use only the best locally sourced produce enabling our experienced, Award Winning Chef and his team to deliver the best of British cuisine.Choose from our extensive menu or blackboard specials and enjoy your meal in one of our cosy dining rooms with open fires or out in the sun on our fabulous new decking area which overlooks our large, child friendly garden and beautiful Cheshire countryside.What better venue to hold a special event! we cater for all occasions with each event taylor made to suit your individual requirements.Come and visit us very soon and experience first hand why we are the talk of Cheshire....
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Had the sunday roast. All 4 of us loved it. Fresh well cooked and lots to eat. It was a 1.hour for us to drive there and it is well worth it. Going sgain very soon

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cheshire
“Birthday Celebration - Dissapointing!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My immediate gripe is that this pub crams too many people in at the expense of the Customer! Hardly a warm greeting, with my party of seven plus my 5 month old granddaughter I had to struggle for attention and to be shown to our table. Shoe horned in with chair backs literally up against the opposite diners. This caused immense inconvenience wih three of my party constantly having to move from their seats to allow thoroughfare. Food wise? Although in general we enjoyed a good ocassion my choice of meal was a complete let down. A 10oz rib eye steak whcih I found extremely fatty, the 'peppercorn' sauce was a watery cream coloured effort devoid of any peppercorns whatsoever. Ordinarily, would have complained but just ejoyed the wine and chose not to create a 'downer' on the event.

Would not visit again.

David G.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch at the Stag”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Went for Sunday lunch with parents. A warm welcome from the staff and we had a table in one of the quieter rooms. Drinks arrived quickly and the service throughout was friendly and efficient.

This pub has a good pub menu. Thai fishcakes served with crunchy spiced salad were lovely. Being Sunday we all choose the roast, the beef was served nicely pink, roast potatoes crisp on the outside and fluffy in the middle, a selection of vegetables that retained some of their bite and a substantial Yorkshire pudding. Baked cheese cake desert was light, full of flavor and served with a fruit coulis.

Another room was reserved for a private party... it was nice to hear the group enjoying themselves but they were not so loud as to detract from our enjoyment. I took a walk to the garden area which is extensive. Plenty of space for children to have a run round, area for dogs and also a proper outdoor dining space (weather permitting).

I have been there a few times with parents and the Stag has always delivered.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cheadle, United Kingdom
“Stags Head”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I'd like to post a review of the Stags Head please. Is it ok to post it here and you move it as I can't see any other way?

We ate at Stags Head Saturday evening August 4 to celebrate (if thats what you do after a certain age?) my wifes birthday.

Table was booked for 8pm we arrived early and were warmly greated with a Happy Birthday and shown immediately to our table. I sampled a pint of Stags Head ale....delicious and as she was driving Pauline took a tonic. Menu was better than Pub Fayre I was tempted by steak au poivre but we eat that at home so I settled for Fish Cakes (better than delicious) with Baby Back Ribs mains Pauline had Minestrone Soup (obviously home made) with Sea Bass.

The food was piping hot (HOT) really tasty and ample portions couldn't ask for more really!

I didn't want a desert but said I'd like the menu and was tempted by Tiramisu (Sp?) which was delivered complete with a candle and 2 spoons (Grrrrr!) It was to die for, as Greg Walace says I could have happily dived in and devoured the lot........which is what I did wiping the plate with my finger to collect all the sauce!

As it was super Saturday at th Olympics we didn't stay for coffee listened to Jessica Ennis on the radio just about topped off a cracking evening

Stags Head deserved far better than its rating on trip advisor!

Gold medal from us !!

Visited August 2012
Cheadle, United Kingdom
“Stags Head at Warford”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

As it was super Saturday at the Olympics we didn't stay for coffee listened to Jessica Ennis on the radio just about topped off a cracking evening

Stags Head deserves far better than its rating on Trip Advisor!

Gold medal from us !!