“Pretty good, pricey and desserts need to be better.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 25 Restaurants in Alderley Edge
Cuisines: British
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Pretty good, pricey and desserts need to be better.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Took advantage of the brilliant 50% off food offer for January. Lovely ambience, good service and great main courses (the fillet steak with posh surf and turf was lovely). With the 50% off it's excellent value, without it feels a bit pricey. Particularly when my main gripe is with the obviously bought-in desserts. A real shame and really expect better for a restaurant of this standard. They do steaks well, but for real excellence in the steak department I'd still plump for Gaucho.

Visited January 2014

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

A relaxed atmosphere with excellent service. We all enjoyed every mouthfull. The steaks were cooked to perfection. A real credit to the chef. Will be visiting again soon and highly recommend the Grill On The Edge for sensibly priced fine quality food.

Visited January 2014
LivingVentures, Public Relations Manager at The Grill on The Edge, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Richard B,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We pride ourselves on the quality of our food and service and will certainly passing your comments to on chef.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

“Perfect luncheon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Another family outing saw my wife, daughter and myself take up Blackhouse on their 50% offer and we were not disappointed! I started with some very crispy yet succulent calamari and my wife the big bang chicken which she said was very good. Mains consisted of the burger for my wife and I opted for the T-bone, medium rare. Both mains were excellent. The food was very hot which gave the impression that it had come straight the grill and not sat on the side waiting to be taken out (and going cold). Laura, our waitress, was very polite and friendly and asked a couple of times if everything was ok? The restaurant wasn't very busy which suited us as we had our little girl. Towards the end of the meal, the manager came over and said hello and made conversation with us which goes a long way in my opinion. Overall, a very enjoyable meal and we are certain to come back. Cheers.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hi PoppyAlice25,

Thank you for your lovely review! I have passed your compliments on to the team including Laura and the Manager on duty that day.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Congleton, United Kingdom
“Tip Top!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Have'nt been to Alderley Edge in years so we headed on down to see what was on offer. Had a couple of drinks in the various pubs and restaurants before arriving at The Grill for our meal. The atmosphere was warm and buzzing and the welcome was like we were long lost friends. Lauren's service was friendly and proffesional and the food was cooked perfectly. A well run establishment, compliments to Dan and his team for a lovely night.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LivingVentures, Public Relations Manager at The Grill on The Edge, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Hi 678Mark,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I will pass your comments on to Dan and the team and we will look forward to welcoming you again hopefully in the near future!

Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“First time sadly average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

It was our first time at the Restaurant with some friends.The waitress was very nice and helpful as I am a member of the Dinning Club as there was a January promotion of 50% off so worth a try ?The food came and the Rib eyes were tough not the standard I get from their other Restaurant Gusto across the road but sometimes you just have to accept things.Service was OK just as well that I had told the waitress that we had the promo before we ordered as the Bill came with no discount ?The manager explained that we had to eat before 5.45 pm? Then he said that there was a mixup with 2 web sites and I had gone throughout the wrong one to book but as I said I just followed my email link.Anyway he accepted that I should have the discount and was helpful so Full marks to him for sorting out the problem.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hi Aidan1645,

Thank you for your review, apologies that there seemed to be some confusion with regards to the link that you booked through to receive the 50% offer, but we are glad to hear that this was resolved by the Manager to your satisfaction.

We pride ourselves on our steaks and are disappointed that you felt our Rib-eyes were sub-par, please let me assure this should not be the case and we hope that this experience won't deter you from visiting again in the future.

Should you wish to make a future booking, please contact me directly on 01625 584163.