“Highly recommended, great food, great staff, great place.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Herbie's American Bar & Grill

Herbie's American Bar & Grill
29 High Street, Melbourn, Royston SG8 6EB, England (Formerly The Old Elm Tree)
+44 1763 269933
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Melbourn
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Highly recommended, great food, great staff, great place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

A spontaneous trip to Herbie's and wasn't disappointed.
There was a wide selection of meals on the menu, normally It doesn't take me long to choose my meal but this time I was spoilt for choice. The food was outstanding, it arrived in no time at all.

I would recommend this place to any one. Suitable for all ages.

I will be returning again, in fact I might even return this weekend.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

St. Albans, United Kingdom
“Couldn't ask anymore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

On our way back from Duxford on Sunday we stopped off at Herbie's. we sat outside on the benches which was great. There is a large kids play area too.

It was a delight. Staff were great, attentive but not overly. Food was hot and tasty and well presented. We had small nachos to start which were hot, had tasty cheese and the best guacamole I've tasted.

Mains came out on time ( advised it would be 10 mins between courses). My full rack of ribs were served on a wooden board with homemade coleslaw and Onion rings. The ribs were soft, hot and in a good but thankfully not swimming pool amount of BBQ sauce. Didn't need a knife which is always a good sign.

My wife's blackened salmon (cajun spiced) was really fresh and tickled her tasty buds. We shared the jacket potato which was ideal for the ribs.

Banana Split on the desert menu!! More restaurants take note - this is the daddy on Sundaes.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“very nice food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

i went to herbbise for lunch food was realy nice i had the sub roll was realy good and my partner had the bourboun bugger was realy nice to the staff were realy frendley and help full deserts were good to over all this would realy recamend it to every one keep up the good work

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge Cambs
“Somewhere different to dine locally”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

We dined here on a Friday evening and the Landlord was so friendly, we couldn't have been welcomed or looked after any better. Even though there was no one else in the restaurant (we ate at 5pm), the fun décor and cheerful music meant it didn't matter at all. The food was enjoyable and I have since booked my birthday meal here. Definitely worth a visit for a different local dining experience.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“We had a good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Went to Herbies for lunch last Friday myself and the family and we really liked it.
The food was good.
I had the stack burger wow very big and tasty, my wife had the ribs and the kids had pizza and we all loved it.
Staff were good but one did talk a lot but hey that's not a bad thing.

WORTH A TRY