“Accommodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Model Farm Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Gransden
Model Farm Bed & Breakfast
Longstowe Road, Little Gransden, England   |
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
“Accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Recently stayed at model farm and found it to be the most delightful clean and well represented accommodation that we have had the pleasure in staying in. Sue the proprietor was most welcoming and charming host, we will def be staying there in the future . The breakfast was also excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I went to a wedding at South Farm (venue 20 minute away from Model Farm) and found this B&B to be an excellent base.

The room was immaculate and spotlessly clean. The room had it's own entrance up a spiral staircase so when I arrived back late from the wedding I didn't have to wake the owners up to get in. I live in London so a couple of nights without traffic noise was also very welcome. The owners were very friendly and welcoming.

The cooked breakfasts are amazing - not at all greasy and very filling. The breakfast room in the main house is amazing, I felt like I was in Pride and Prejudice it was so beautiful!

I don't have a car and found the taxi numbers on the B&Bs website really useful - special shout out to Cambourne Cars who were easy to deal with, on time and reasonably priced. Booking the B&B was easy and I found the price to be very reasonable. And excellent stay and I'd definately recommend to others. Great if you're going to a wedding at South Farm or Langbourne Hall.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I am still here! I booked two nights for business and love it. Its perfectly situated for links to Cambridge and Stansted for me. Its very clean, my room was turned down after one night! As mentioned, its a working farm but quiet and no noise. Have to recommend the full english breakfast. Thanks to my hosts. x

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Southampton Parish, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is as good as any 4 star hotel, friendly, spotless and worth every penny, if all businesses were run like this it would put the Great back into Britain. I was attending a wedding in the area and required a Taxi nothing was to much trouble . The breakfast was also superb.

Room Tip: The Annexe
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is an extremely well-run B and B, with most welcoming , friendly owners. Being a working farm, we expected some early morning farmyard noises - tractors, livestock, that sort of thing, but no. Not a sound. This is as peaceful and tranquil a B and B as you could imagine. Our room was comfortable, clean and functional; the bathroom well-appointed with modern fittings, and the breakfast was excellent, including home-made marmalade and jam. Thank you, Mr and Mrs Barlow.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sussex, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Model Farm is even better than the web photos would suggest. All is calm, easy to find, easy parking, welcoming. My annexe room up the spiral staircase suited me perfectly and was spotless with good furnishings, all apparently new and a bathroom that worked really well. Wifi worked as advertised. Indeed all as advertised, but better. An enjoyable stop, I wish I had stayed longer.

Room Tip: Clearly if you have difficulty with spiral stairs, the upper annexe room isn't for you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

We booked into Model Farm so we could attend a wedding at South Farm, a few miles away. We couldn't get to Model Farm before the wedding to check in as we had to work but they were very accommodating and let us know the gate code to get in late at night and put us in a room with its own separate access so we didn't have to disturb anyone. Breakfast was arranged via a slip which was left out for us so we could still choose what we wanted and it was delicious. Very friendly owner and a lovely clean room with all the facilities you would hope for eg pleasant decor, tea/coffee making facilities in the room, good shower room, wardrobe space and very comfortable bed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Model Farm Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!