Stayed here in the spring of 2012 with our large dog; booked directly by phone at the very last minute (three hours before arriving); arrived by car; stayed one night (enjoyed dinner and breakfast).
the reason for this review appearing with such delay is that we have only now (May 2013) been able to finally fight our laziness in reviewing the more than 60 hotels and B&Bs we stayed at in 2012 and, so far, in 2013.
As everyday (!) users of this site, we feel we must make the effort of contributing - we also think that there aren't enough real reviews by real people (even on this site).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cliveden is unique. One of the world's finest luxury hotels, this grand stately home is set in the heart of the Berkshire countryside, surrounded by 376 acres of magnificent formal gardens and parkland and with wonderful panoramic views over the River Thames. It is one of the finest luxury hotels near London and Heathrow Airport. Guests have included every British monarch since George I as well as Charlie Chaplin, Winston Churchill, Harold Macmillan, President Roosevelt, George Bernard Shaw, John Profumo and Christine Keeler, and many other well-known names from the past and present. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cliveden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliveden House Hotel Taplow
- Cliveden House Taplow, UK - England