Stayed for a night with my new man and really enjoyed it all. We had a beautiful room in the main building with a bay window looking out on the lake which was clean and well kept, although there were a few small things that needed some attention - scuff marks, peeling paint etc. I enjoyed walking around the grounds and playing chess and petanque and it really did feel like a relaxing getaway. I liked that it wasn't a big anonymous hotel with spa etc. The highlight of the evening was the amazing dinner we had in the Garden Room - best meal i've had all year. See my separate review. The one thing that wasn't so great was service, which was well intentioned if a little amatuer, and I didn't get a clear feeling of there being someone in charge of it all. At one point we were sitting in the bar area waiting to be served and the barman stood behind the counter polishing glasses and ignoring us. When we did eventually get our drinks, he forgot the tap water I had ordered and neglected to use coasters or put out bar snacks (if I'm paying £10 for a cocktail, I expect olives or peanuts). These are small things, but make a big difference for the customer's experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Modern Country HouseStoke Place is a reinvention of the traditional country house - a home from home environment, ideal for celebrations and with the feel of an aristocratic-owned private house.With 39 bedrooms, 7 individually designed private rooms seating from 8 to 200 people, extensive gardens designed by the legendary Capability Brown and a gym and treatment room, Stoke Place offers conferences, weddings, quiet getaways and fantastic dining.Recently awarded 3 AA Rosettes for culinary excellence and a Notable wine list award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Stoke Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoke Place Hotel Stoke Poges
- Stoke Place Poges
- Stoke Place Hotel Poges
- Stoke Place Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom