We booked via Slh on a 50% room rate however we were not made to feel in any way inferior to those who had paid full price or Stoke Park club members. We were contacted by the hotel prior to arrival and informed that we had been upgraded to a junior suite and booked for San Marco on the first night and Humphrey's on night two.
The drive up to the hotel is magnificent and parking is easy. We originally went to the Paviliion building by mistake to check in and were redirected to the main building while the staff brought across our luggage. Our room was huge and the marble bathroom with steps leading up to a sunken bath was very luxurious. Our room had a balcony overlooking the golf course and fountains which was beautiful, even on a cold day. Management has provided a hand-written welcome card and chocolates which was a lovely touch.
Food on both nights was wonderful, particularly in Humphrey's and the breakfast (both continental and full English) was very good. We did not use the pool, however the gym was very well equipped and the yoga class was very enjoyable. The bar area is very relaxing and although there was a function on-going on our first night, we slept fantastically.
The main triumph of this hotel is the service which was second to none throughout our stay. Staff opened doors, knew us by name, offered umbrellas or offered to drive us the 100m to the spa building when it was raining. Restaurant and bar staff were knowledgeable but not intrusive.
Overall, this is a wonderful hotel which is made even better by fantastic staff who cannot be praised highly enough. We will return and while the discount and upgrade that we received may have gone some way toward influencing our views, I would happily pay the full price for an occasional luxury break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stoke Park is Europe’s leading Hotel, Spa and Country Club Resort conveniently located 35 minutes from London and only 7 miles from Heathrow. Situated in leafy Buckinghamshire, Stoke Park is set amidst 300 acres of glorious parkland, lakes and gardens. With 49 exquisite bedrooms, a 27 hole Championship golf course, award winning Spa, 13 tennis courts and a state-of-the-art gymnasium, one will certainly encounter the ultimate Stoke Park experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stoke Park Hotel Stoke Poges
- Stoke Park Poges
- Stoke Park Hotel Poges
- Stoke Park Country Club, Spa And Hotel Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom