“Decent quality modern rooms in an old style hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off Best Rates
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gerrards Cross
London, United Kingdom
“Decent quality modern rooms in an old style hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The rooms were pleasantly spacious and clean with no sign of wear and were quite modern with comfortable beds. The hotel itself is quite old with oddly shaped corridors and staircases, which lent quite a bit of charm to the hotel. The hotel is really easy to find being located on a main road to Gerrards Cross with plenty of car parking space located at the front of the hotel.

The breakfast buffet selection was well stocked and varied, although I feel that they really skimped on the quality of the cooked meats as I doubt the sausages actually contained much meat!

With regards to the value I stayed at this hotel for a wedding and had excellent rates. Their standard pricing is reasonable and just edging on being slightly pricey.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear will m,

Thank you for your recent review of The Bull Hotel.

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us and found our rates competitive. The hotel celebrated its 325th Birthday this year and still has its traditional charm.

The Bull provides complimentary parking for all guests and has plenty of spaces available. It is also only a 15-minute walk from Gerrards Cross train station, so it can easily be reached by public transport as well.

I am sorry that you were let down by the quality of the cooked meats. I will share your comments with my food and beverage team to improve the quality.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bull Hotel in the near future.

Karl Wilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went to a function there, food really good but got charged £1.75 for a small glass of soda water from the tap.
Most places do not charge and when questioned was informed we do. As a designated driver quality establishments need to ensure they cater for everybody.
Ruined an enjoyable evening!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ian F,

Thank you for your recent feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your meals served while attending a function at our hotel.
As licensed premises we do offer complimentary tap water to all our patrons. I am sorry that wasn't the case for you.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further with me, you can contact me at kwilson@sarova.com.

I do hope we welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Uxbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed one night to attend a wedding. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious, spotlessly clean and comfortable. We just had nacho's as a bar snack - as nacho's go they were brilliant!! Loads of cheese, just spicy enough chilli and perfect salsa!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We had our wedding at the bull and they were brilliant. The service was so good they really made our day easy and we had no worries. The food was amazing the chef even added a special touch on our mango sorbet by putting popping candy on it and we loved it. Out guest really enjoyed themselfs as well and comment how beautiful the bull was and they loved the food as well. If anybody I know wanted to get married I really would recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2013
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Donnasenna,

Congratulations to you both!
Thank you for your kind words and praise. I am so very pleased to hear that you and your guests had a wonderful stay at The Bull Hotel and your special day was a truly memorable one.

I will pass on your comments to all staff members that looked after you.

I do wish you both a wonderful and happy future together.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed for one night. It was a excellent stay. Room was good. Food excellent . Would definitely stay again. On arrival we had a upgrade. From the outside it looks just like a inn but once inside it was a 5 star hotel with large grounds. Friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear jackielancelles,

Thank you for your positive comments about The Bull Hotel.

I am so pleased to hear you had an excellent stay and you enjoyed your upgraded Club Room. I will pass on your positive feedback to our staff.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

herts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel last night booked through secret escapes, we stayed because we were going to a party in the area. Generally very good. Room comfortable and very clean, water wonderfully hot which makes a change! Bath robes a nice touch. All facilities of a good standard. Helpful friendly staff. Breakfast average though , at least they did top up the buffet as soon as something was running out and it seemed as though someone was especially designated to do this job. Coffee hot for a change, but restaurant had a funny atmosphere like a service station cafe. One problem was the bar food on the Saturday afternoon! The order arrived incorrectly and then my chicken wings were off!! Smelled of fish and tasted boiled. Revolting . There was a wedding reception in the bar too so maybe they were just too busy catering for that, not sure, but dealt with well and drinks were given on the house as way of apology ! Would stay again!!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Soapylala,

Thank you for your constructive feedback on The Bull Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you found all of our facilities to a good standard and enjoyed our bathrobes.
I am sorry to hear that you found the quality of food served in the Lounge Bar poor, as many of guests really do enjoy the chicken wings, and we do take great care in ensuring that all food served is fresh and prepared to the best standard. I am glad that the staff dealt with the situation in a professional manner.

Should you wish to discuss further, please do not hesitate to get into contact with me.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Karl Wilson

Been to The Bull Hotel? Share your experiences!