“Lovely hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gerrards Cross
Burton On Trent
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Friendly helpful staff especially Alex on reception. Comfortable quiet room (103) with pleasant garden view and large opening windows. Only one problem, the bed legs were broken which my husband and I did not discover until late on the evening when we arrived back after being out. Propped the bed up and managed. Reported it on check out. Breakfast was plentiful with lots of choice. Ideal place to stay if visiting London. Booked room through Expedia and got excellent rate including breakfast. Large free safe car park.

Room Tip: 103 very quiet room with large opening windows overlooking back beautiful gardens.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Julie081,

Thank you for your lovely review of The Bull Hotel and I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us.

I was sorry to learn about the bed and have already been informed that my maintenance team has addressed the issue.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Cliff Hasler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Had 1 night stay at the Bull Hotel on the way to Heathrow Airport from the Midlands. It's a lovely looking hotel on the outside and a really impressive first impression when you walk through the door. Met by friendly staff on the reception desk and this was always the way throughout the experience, from the ladies cleaning the rooms to everyone working behind the bar and in the breakfast restaurant. The rooms are a good size and clean... and the beds... wow! Huge double bed... which is always a bonus. The only negative comment I had was that the room was absolutely scorching hot - maybe I should have looked harder for how to turn off the radiators, but it was unbearable at times. The location of the hotel is a nice 10 mins walk or so in to Gerrards Cross where there are some really nice bars and restaurants. So all in all a great time and would certainly visit again in the future.

Room Tip: Work out how to turn the heating down when you get to your room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Danonthebeach,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of The Bull Hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us.

I have noted your comment about the heat in your bedroom and will remind the housekeeping team to turn the radiators down after guests depart to our agreed level.

I hope to see you again when you are next in the area.

Charleston, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed six nights at The Bull while attending a wedding in Gerrards Cross. We could not have been happier with our accommodations. The room was very nice and larger than I had been told to expect however we did book the Superior or the Executive level which I would encourage you to do as well. The staff was very helpful and the food was very nice. The place is very old in a historical sense with wonderful upgrades that make the experience even more grand. It is convenient to the main town area of Gerrards Cross including the train station which provides easy access into London. All in all a great stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Justaguy97420,

Thank you so much for your recommendation and your lovely review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your six night visit with us here at The Bull and Gerrards Cross too.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Only stayed one night here in one of the executive suites overlooking the extremely pretty and very well maintained gardens.
The room was spotless as you might imagine and really nicely decorated.
fresh fruit was waiting for us in the room as we arrived along with the usual tea/coffee etc.
The bathroom was fantastic, spotless again, and included a jacuzzi bath, shower, and twin basins.
The bed while quite tall was fantastically comfortable, One of the best nights sleep I've had in ages.
The Hotel itself is really nicely laid out with 2 bars and a very nice restaurant which served us the most delicious steak.
The gardens are quite stunning, and really should be seen in person.
I would not hesitate to stay here again. Honestly could not fault the place, the staff all worked really hard to make our short stay enjoyable.

Dear awiserbud,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this excellent review of The Bull Hotel.

It was lovely to read how all the staff worked very hard to make your stay enjoyable and I am sure they will be over the moon when they see your review.

Romford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed for two nights from 31st May with my wife and teenage son. I really enjoyed our stay - the bedroom was spacious and the bed very comfortable. In contrast to what other reviewers had written, the bathroom was lovely! Staff were always very friendly and helpful (we were attending a communion celebration in the hotel). We ate in the hotel restaurant on the Friday night and the food really was very good. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
SarovaHotels, General Manager at The Bull Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear kward69,

Thank you for your positive review of The Bull Hotel and for giving us a perfect score.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your 2 night break with us and found the room comfortable and the service friendly.
Our Beeches restaurant has been awarded an AA Rosette, and I am very happy you enjoyed your dinner.

Monmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Third visit to the Bull, as in previous visits the staff were friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble making the stay with my Daughter and Son-in-Law and two dogs for a friends Birthday both pleasant and enjoyable, thank you Sarova Hotels

Dear John O,

Thank you for your lovely review about The Bull Hotel, and Happy Birthday to your friend.

We value our customers very highly, and I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your 3rd visit with us. If you haven’t already, you can also apply for our Sarova Select loyalty programme, which will give you access to great benefits. Simply ask a member of our team, either during your next visit or via email.
We take customer service very seriously, and it is always good to know that it is being recognised by our guests. I will pass your positive comments onto our team, who will be very pleased to know.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your 4th visit.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Dick Turpin's old hang out celebrates it's 325 year anniversary next month and whilst you will not find old world charm, you will find excellent rooms, a lovely lounge area, charming outdoor seating and gardens and plenty of parking space.

I stayed last Saturday evening on a weekend deal with breakfast included at £65 and was very happy as I had a large, light and well furnished room away from the function areas where they had two events going on well into the small hours.

Staff are very friendly and it's popular with locals for drinks and dinner, breakfast is nothing special and when it's crowded as it was on Sunday morning it can be a bit trying and impersonal.

But I like it and having stayed before I will do so whenever I'm in the area as I am quite often.

.;

Room Tip: Go for a room in the new extension at the back overlooking the garden away from the main part of the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ian F,

Thank you very much for your positive review of The Bull Hotel.

It is always good to get feedback from returning guests and I am glad you enjoyed your last stay with us. If you haven’t already, you can also join our Sarova Select loyalty programme, which will give you access to valuable offers.

We are indeed celebrating our 325th birthday this year; we’ve been a long way since Dick Turpin and Jack Shrimpton were using our old inn as a hang out. We have strived to keep the original charm in the Jack Shrimpton Bar, whilst moving other areas of the hotel into the modern day, with free WiFi throughout the property, modern décor and furnishings.

Thank you for your positive comments about our staff, who are doing their best to keep the service excellent. It is challenging when our bar and restaurant are full; however, this is something we are continuously working to improve.

Cliff Hasler

Been to The Bull Hotel? Share your experiences!