“Great value for money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bellhouse Hotel

You added Bellhouse Hotel to your Saves list
Bellhouse Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oxford Road, Beaconsfield HP9 2XE, England (Formerly De Vere Bellhouse)   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Beaconsfield
London, UK
“Great value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not giving it an average rating because it was poor or lacking in anyway, the 3 stars is because I think that is the level of the hotel.
When I visited it was undergoing some major refurbishments, meaning the spa and gym facilities left a bit to be desired. We were aware of this beforehand but I imagine it could be very disappointing to someone who was expecting a Jacuzzi or a plush gym right now.

The rooms on the other hand are very lovely and well thought out. Beautifully comfy and spacious beds, huge TV's and a great bathroom. The only downside of the bathroom is the incredibly slippery shower floor - be careful!

The breakfast the following morning has a good selection, although the coffee tasted like it has been put into the tea pot, best left in favour of juice!

All in all though, they are minor things and I'm sure all this will be ironed out once the refurbishment has been completed. If you want a comfy place to stay its brilliant value, if you were expecting a spa/gym break maybe have a look elsewhere for now.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
David J, General Manager at Bellhouse Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Flowersmou

Thank you for your comments they are very much appreciated and yes indeed our leisure facilities are undergoing refurbishment and there will be a vast difference in a few months. It is great that you enjoyed our newly refurbished bedrooms and our breakfast and I will certainly be looking into your coffee experience!
Once again your review is greatly appreciated and I do hope that you will return once we are fully complete to enjoy our beatiful spa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We lived in Chalfont St Peter 10 months ago. We left the area due to medical reasons with my husband. We returned to say hi to the company where he worked and booked into The Bellhouse for 2 nights. Ironically, when my husband was able, he gave talks at seminars in the same breakfast room where we have just been for 2 mornings.

I would like to compliment the hotel and the staff on their excellent customer service skills. Nothing was too much bother, even in view of major refurbishments taking place.

We had an excellent stay at this hotel and will definitely be back if we return to the area.

Thank you very much.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
David J, General Manager at Bellhouse Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear kenya66

Thank you for your very positive comments on the hotel and towards our staff and excellent service that they provide - I will of course pass this on to them.
We look forward to your return in the future

North East England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I found this hotel on the the internet and it was hotel in the process of a refurb. Hotel room for 2 adults and 2 children. On arrival we found that the car park was free (bonus). The welcome at the reception was very professional and everything about the refurb was explained. The lift was not working due to the refurb but 3 floors isn't difficult for anyone, perhaps except elderly or wheelchair bound. The room was beautiful and the bathroom more so. The beds are one of the most comfortable I have every stayed in, what a great nights sleep. Two separate luxury beds, one for the adults and one for the children. It was spotless and included a very large plasma and a kettle with a wonderful selection of beverages and biscuits. The breakfast the next day was fabulous and it was included in the price, anything you wanted. The breakfast room is wonderful and the furniture is 5 star London hotel quality. They even sang happy birthday to my daughter and brought out a cake and candle with a balloon that I had provided for her. It had a leisure center, including a swimming pool, but we didn't have time to try it out. The staff where all very professional and attentive. No complaints. Beaconsfield railway station was 5 minutes away and has a direct link to London (20 minutes door to door, on a Sunday). Would highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely revisit in the future.

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your positive review.
Your commnents I will pass on to the team and it was great to read that you enjoyed our newly refurbished bedrooms and that you had a great nights sleep - after all thats what we are about!
Again really pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast offering and service - watch this space as it is going to get even better in the near future!!!
I will especially pass on your comments to our "singing" restaurant staff!
I look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully soon.

Thank you again!
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here in a family room on Spring Bank Holiday Weekend for 2 nights. The hotel is undergoing renovation and I was aware of this when I booked, I was a little worried but had booked a hotel late and didn't have much other options. However I needn't have worried. All the rooms available have now been renovated. There are still renovations of other rooms and areas going on, but we saw no workmen, heard no noise and the hotel was clean and well organised. The leisure facilities were open when we stayed there which were good. The hotel staff were friendly and the breakfast plentiful and varied for all diets and tastes. If you have mobility difficulties please telephone beforehand as the lift was out of order when we were there. My only other gripe would be the showers are over the baths and the shower doors have been secured in place, making it difficult to bathe if you do have mobility issues. When the hotel is finished i'm sure it will be lovely. The hotel is near a lovely picturesque village of Beaconsfield with plenty of places to eat and drink.

Dear Eve179

Thank you for a fantastic review and I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you bcak in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. We went to the one in Slough for only one night and loved it. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming and lovely full English breakfast. The room we stayed in had two double beds and a brilliant bathroom with a beautiful shower and bath, loads of toiletries. Great quality television and mini fridge. The leisure club. I love swimming and had an epic time in the pool which goes up to 2m deep. One thing that I will point out is that there is WAY too many stairs. Although it is under refurbishment I think that there should be more than one lift. Other than that we loved our stay and I wanted to live there

Room Tip: High floors don't have any noise at all
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
David J, General Manager at Bellhouse Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Pauline

Thank you for your review on our hotel, I am so pleaed that you enjoyed our services and facilities and of course that we provided you with a "great stay".
Apologies for all of the stairs this will be resolved once our refurbishment is complete. I thank you again for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed at the Bellhouse for one night whilst attending a function there. They are undertaking extensive renovations at the moment and I think the hotel will be fab when this has finished. Until then you have to live with areas being closed off and things not working. If you have mobility issues, do call them and ask if the lifts are functioning as the weekend I was there, there were no lifts and if you are on the 3rd floor there are quite a few stairs to negociate!!!! The staff are extremely helpful at this time. My 3rd floor refurbished room was stylish comfortable and clean. However it looked out on to a balcony which had been used as a rubbish dump and needed cleaning up. Breakfast was good, but not the outlook. It is really sad that the view from the conservatory area of the restaurant is really unprepossessing.. Hopefully that is going to be addressed with the ongoing refurbishment.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
David J, General Manager at Bellhouse Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear alikasuze

Thank you for your feedback. we are undergoing extensive refurbishment which is not affecting our guests too much, but we are experiencing difficulties with our lifts, these will however be replaced in the programme of works. I am pleased that the staff were extremely helpful to you something of which they pride themselves on and your comments will be passed on to them. It is really great that you found your room to be highly satisfactory and my apologies for the view that you encountered, again this is due to the refurbishment works. I will however take this up with our main contractor for improvement.
We receive many excellent comments on our breakfast and I am pleased that you enjoyed! We do indeed have planned improvements our courtyard area which will vastly change the view.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in April 2014. The hotel is a bit remote and was in the middle of renovation. My room had been renovated and was excellent, very contemporary. The food was good and the staff cheerful and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for such fantastic feedback!
It is so pleasing that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our food and staff were good. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Bellhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!