“Fantastic and Challenging Weekend away” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hillmotts Fitness Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
Hedgerley Lane, Beaconsfield HP9 2SB, England   |
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Beaconsfield
Beautiful Antigua
“Fantastic and Challenging Weekend away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

What an AMAZING weekend .. I didn’t really know what to expect, and extra concerned because having had a frozen shoulder for 9mths, the op came through for 4wks prior to our weekend, so I arrived at Hillmotts 4wks post op, in recovery from an arthroscopy ... I wasn’t sure I would be able to join in with anything, but I cannot praise the team enough, Chris, Chris and Zac were fantastic, they were concerned and considerate of my injury, but didn’t ‘let me off the hook’, they constantly found me new exercises, or at least different types of exercise to keep my involved and working hard without causing additional pain..... and at the end of a long (but fantastic) 2nd day, when my shoulder really was quite sore, they were on hand with good advice to recover and soothe my shoulder pain ready for the next day .. hot tub was fantastic relaxation for both my shoulder and my aching muscles, followed by one brilliant sports massage with a lady who really knew her stuff .. again, couldn’t recommend her enough.

The nutritional and fitness talks were also really enlightening, and I have really tried to embrace the advice .. the follow up documents that were sent through after the weekend with recommended exercise routines and recipes are also brilliant, easy to follow and clear to understand - already I see 2lbs off since leaving boot camp and can see a slight change in shape too ..

The rooms were nice, clean and functional, and along with my friends we had a really great weekend..

I really enjoyed the food too .. although for me it was not too dissimilar to my diet at home, so to me, portion size was good and tasted lovely (I know there were a few who felt they could’ve done with more food – but I think bringing snacks helps)

I will definitely be returning to Hillmotts in 2014 (when my shoulder is fully recovered!!)

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Cotswold.

I spent several months researching bootcamps in the UK knowing it would be the best way to keep my weight loss on track and give me a boost on everything I had achieved so far, for when the time came for me to attend.

I phoned one of my final 3 bootcamps but with in a few minutes I was put off with the abruptness of the lady I was dealing with.

Next I phoned Cleo at Hillmotts and the process was pretty smooth. She answered the questions I had and I booked up a month in the Cotswold retreat.

I have to say I can't complain about the experience I had at all. The trainers were fantastic! They pushed me to my ability and then helped me achieve more than I believed I was capable of! The food was good, regular snacks and meals meant I was rarely hungry.

I lost 16kg in my 4 weeks there! My only regret was I couldn't do another month! Thankfully my sister joined me for 3 days, giving me a small boost. Both of us loved it! However I look forward to going back with some of the fantastic ladies I met there in November! I'm keeping up nearly everything the trainers have said and at home I've lost another 3 inches in 5 days without much exercise!

I recommend the bootcamp to anyone wanting to improve their fitness, lose weight or challenge themselves!

A massive thanks to : Abbey, Adam, Chris A, Craig, Tim and Steve!

You all made my journey worthwhile...  And I'll hopefully be seeing some of you guys soon!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I did 3 days in the Peak District, being trained by Craig, Tom, Richard and Samantha. The team was outstanding!! I can't say I enjoyed the stay, because there were moments I hated, but the enormous sense of achievement I felt when we said our goodbyes made it all worth it.

The food was great - tasty, varied and filling. The accommodation was very comfortable (although I think I could've slept on a bed of nails!). I found the hot water for the shower was sometimes temperamental, but when twenty people are trying to take a shower at the same time, it's clearly going to put pressure on the supply. If you can wait until a quiet time, that would be better.

The nutrition and exercise talks were really helpful. I was worried it would be patronising and that as a biologist I'd know everything already, but I learned loads and found it really worthwhile.

I'm sorry I didn't book a massage. When I go back I definitely will!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Yann
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I did 6 days at Peak District and completely loved it. It was really tough going, this is not a bit of jumping around to fast music. The trainers know exactly what they are talking about and work you to your maximum. It really opened my eyes to the fact that we all eat far TOO much and what we do eat is often not nutritionally any good for us. I didn't weight myself before and after but I know I feel and look a huge amount fitter and stronger. If you've got the time to do 6 days then go for it. £ days gives you the basics to take home but 6 days really makes the difference to your body. The bootcamp did everything I wanted it to do and a load more. Thanks to Craig, Tom, Richard and Sam you were all great. I will be back and hopefully for 6 days next year. Loved it!

Room Tip: Whether you share a room or not is just a personal preference. I don't think there are any more...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Wanted to say that I thought the camp in Dorset this week was first rate. Please pass my thanks particularly to the two Chris’s.

I did the 6 days in Dorset and can see its not an easy job keeping the energy and positivity going for that time but the guys came up with a really good blend of encouragement and hard work, and easy going tolerance of the less dynamic of us (ie me). Never thought I (as a fat 49 year old) could get through as much exercise as that, amazing what you can do in the right environment. I am challenged now to “up” my regular fitness routine into something more dynamic than in the past. I actually went from being able to do only about 20 press ups to nearer 50 in the 6 days. Bit sore in the muscles (will recover I am sure) but chuffed.

Not bad cooking too and the extra "bloke" portion was well received….. really did not feel hungry that much.

My wife has pointed out I have some visible ribs again (first time in a long time)….. and my back aches a lot less than it has for some while. More to the point, although I went in with dodgy knees, I came out with them no worse (admit I was more cautious than the younger attendees!).

I will certainly be back, hopefully having had a chance to do some lifestyle fixes in the meantime. You have a good formula, here, I feel. Actually it was probably one of the most mentally relaxing breaks I have ever had (probably the result of endorphins, lots of sleep and the country scenery: hills and cows on all sides)

Wonder why more men don’t come along? Does not bother me to be with women (and I don't mean that in a leery way) - but seems odd. Nothing girly about it I can assure anyone!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Northwich, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

This was a fantastic and invigorating experience, well worth it (and I can still say that even a few days after despite a few strains :)). The staff were truly fantastic and so insightful and welcoming and motivating from start to finish. I have taken away many things in terms of training tips, my personal nutrition needs and also some friendships. Such a fantastic bonding experience for groups or people arriving on their own. I didnt know what I was capable of and this experience definitely changed my life I think and I'll be booking again for the new year.

Room Tip: Sharing or single is fine - everyone gets through together!
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I'm still buzzing from my weekend bootcamp at Hillmotts Dorset - been thinking about a residential bootcamp for ages so couldn't wait to get stuck in. I've got far too much to say and far too many photos to post about it to do it on Tripadvisor so have done it on my blog instead --> http://fit-bits.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/hillmotts-dorset-bootcamp-review-part.html

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!