“So good, I've already booked my next visit!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hillmotts Fitness Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beaconsfield
Hillmotts Fitness Retreat
You added Hillmotts Fitness Retreat to your Saves list
Oxfordshire, Beaconsfield OX29 8HF, England   |
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Beaconsfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“So good, I've already booked my next visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I just got back from a 3 day bootcamp at the Cotswolds. I absolutely LOVED it!

I'm definitely not the fittest woman in the world but with the enthusiasm, energy and encouragement given by the instructors (Doug, Chris and Katie), I was able to push myself farther than I thought possible! I didn't only leave with more knowledge on how to train properly and eat properly...I also left with a new found love for exercise and for pushing myself further!

The accommodation was lovely, clean, comfortable and set in a beautiful location. I shared a room with 4 other females- the room was spacious and the beds were very comfortable.

The training was very varied and challenging. A few of the activities required team work which got us all bonding and made the activities much more fun. I really loved the hike on the second day which allowed us to see more of the surrounding village. Body attack, body combat and boxing were by far my favourite activities - Katie was great and had so much energy!

As a vegetarian (who's also quite picky)- I didn't expect the food to be to my taste. But I can honestly say, the food was great and well prepared. The portions were of a good size and I didn't feel hungry though out my stay (Much better than other fitness camps I've been to which practically starve you!). I also left learning a lot more about nutrition and the right things to eat.

I was so sad to leave on Sunday- really wish I could have stayed a few more days! I've already booked to come back in August and can't wait!

Thank you Hillmotts!

• Stayed March 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Reading, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed the 3 days spent at the Costwolds Boot Camp, the Trainers, Doug, Chris and Katie were excellent motivators, there was no shouting just encouragement, the exercises were really good ( actually wasn’t saying that after the first day when I started to ache, but by Sunday it was a different matter) the nutritional talks, interesting in a way that we could all understand, I have come away with a ‘can do’ attitude. The food provided and cooked by the trainers were of a high standard- if there is something you don't like let them know and they will cook you something seperately.

Being one of the 'older' campers was not a problem, you become a team, all motivating each other, age & size does not matter (they adjust each excercise to suit), the bootcamp is aimed to get you living your life differently.

Would also recomend the massages..soooooo good!

Throughly recomend this experience to get you motivated into a 'new life' regime.

You receive an after camp email with recomended excercises and recipes, therefore no excuses not to carry it on.

Definately be going back

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I really enjoyed the 3-day bootcamp I enlisted for in Dorset recently. The three people organising it – Craig, Tom and Faye – were really inspiring as trainers, and also very good and tolerant cooks. (They cooked all our food - and catered for special diets; the results were really tasty and healthy.) The three of them remained patient, cheerful, helpful, and wholly professional throughout a very tough schedule. I think we were all very impressed. We were pushed hard and certanly felt fitter at the end of it. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Not long back from Hillmotts boot camp in Dorset where I huffed and puffed through many hours of exercise with the expert encouragement of brilliant trainers. Lovely venue, great food cooked by the trainers, and everything very well organised. Would like to stay there for a month! If you want to feel fitter, lose a few pounds and learn a bit about nutrition and exercise then this is the place for you. Tom, Craig & Faye are all excellent and will encourage you to believe that even you could have a buffed body like theirs if you do enough burpees and squats! You can watch in awe (and disbelief) as Tom & Craig demonstrate seemingly impossible moves and Faye bounces like a rubber ball to music such as 'Gangnam style' during aerobics classes. The Swimming pool & sauna is a great place to end the day and ease those aching muscles. I will definitely be back to a Hillmotts boot camp some day.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Just got back from 6 days Bootcamp at the Dorset site. All I can say is that it was amazing, had the best time! Craig, Tom and Faye were by far the best trainers I have ever come across (and this was my second camp). They knew when to push us to achieve the ultimate results.

Accommodation was great too :-)

Already booked to go back as got the bug, as feel incredible and trimmer from it. Would recccomend to absolutely anyone, 3 days or 6.

As I said, trainers brilliant and overall bloody amazing!!! X

South Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have recently returned from the fitness Bootcamp in the Cotswolds.
Instructors
Craig Tom & Faye were great! All very motivating & full of expert knowledge. Their training classes were great, a full range for all levels of fitness. Classes include.
Circuits, kettlebells, Pilates, Zumba, aerobics, Hiking, insanity workout & more.
A choice was given to.

Rooms.
Very Basic, comfy beds & clean linen. Would reccomended upgrading, rather than sharing. Overall ok.

Bathroom.
Only 1 toilet & shower to share between over 15 people, which isn't ideal in my opinion. Don't think it's cleaned as regular as should be, especially as used my so many people, wasn't cleaned throughout the time I stayed.

Living area & kitchen.
Nice a comfy living room, large dining room & kitchen. Great facilities, however again didn't think it was cleaned throughout my stay.

Food was lovely, prepared fresh. Given on exact times.

Overall. Would definatly reccomended this camp, will see results if u put in 100% as I did. It's not easy, clearly training 7-8 hrs a day is tough. It's not easy.

The staff are very accomidating & helpful, all were great individually, felt they were approachable.

You have a real chance to make life changes with expert advise & fitness, great kickstart to a healthy lifestyle.

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've just attended a 3 day bootcamp at Hillmotts in the Cotswolds. The venue is great, on a farm so expect horses & chickens around - and plenty of mud!

I had a fantastic weekend, was pushed to & beyond my limits but never screamed at, just motivated & encouraged by the fab trainers (Doug & Chris) & I just wanted to try that little bit harder! The trainers were really knowledgeable on both nutrition & exercise, obviously very up to date with their knowledge, and happy to chat about a wide range of areas on these topics which really added to the weekend. They were always professional but also a good laugh, supportive & really good company - thanks guys!

The accommodation was good, it wasn't full so I was lucky enough to have a room to myself, I was in the annexe which is a little bit away from the main building. Lovely and warm (cold wet weather!)

The food was really great, very tasty & always cooked from scratch (competitive porridge making from the boys!) - portion size was right & I wasn't hungry. A snack is provided each morning but take your own if you want more (healthy of course) as well as tea/coffee if you want it.

The training was very varied, very challenging & always well demonstrated first. I really enjoy interval style training & there was plenty of this, as well as a great boxing session, other exercise & a 7 mile hike (in the rain, sleet & snow....!). Great stretching limited the aches & pains but the people who had massages really enjoyed them too.

I had a fantastic weekend & I will be going back - as well as recommending it to everyone I know!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hillmotts Fitness Retreat? Share your experiences!