“Tasty bar food, lovely outdoor setting for family” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Fancott is a traditional family pub located near Toddington, Bedfordshire.A warm welcome awaits you and your guests at The Fancott, where food is available all day, everyday.We have been refurbished to the highest standard. We also have a beautiful large garden, great play equipment for the kids and our famous Mini Railway!
London
“Tasty bar food, lovely outdoor setting for family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Lovely outdoor space for family with the miniature railway and play area for children. It was a busy lunchtime so food took a little longer to arrive than expected. The chips were really good, crisp outside and soft inside - definitely not an oven chip! Our fish and chicken were also tasty and well cooked. Childrens food decent portion size and offered a good choice. The bar menu is traditional pub fare, the restaurant serves a different menu, but all round nice Sunday lunchtime experience sitting in the sun.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Paul W, Owner at The Fancott, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Hi There CountryCousin2008 (?)

“Tasty bar food, lovely outdoor setting for family”

Well thank you for lovely review of us at The Fancott and glad you and your family enjoyed The Fancott at it's best on a lovely sunny Sunday!

“Not impressed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Paul W, Owner at The Fancott, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Hi Penny

“Not impressed”

Bit harsh, I think!

"Decided to give it a go, I found food pricey, nothing jumped out on me from the menu, struggled to find a dish I could order, run of the mill type of restaurant .... No desire to return, staff looked depressed ...."

You don't give me a lot to go on, except the staff looking depressed!!!!
They are normally a lively and happy bunch :)

Oh well thanks for review even though a poor one!

“Slightly disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Our friends who live nearby have been raving about this place for ages so last night when we all met up with other friends I couldn't wait to check it out myself. The Fancott is a beautiful place to go to, has it own miniature railway as well as well as a lovely seating area outside. The food was superb, not one of the eight of us could complain about any of the three courses we had. The staff were friendly and courteous but my only criticism was the slowness of getting our orders, it was busy but in my opinion there looked to be enough staff there to deal with it. The worst bit was my wife asked for another apple juice when our starters arrived but it was three different staff members told and almost half an hour before it arrived. Despite this I would definitely go back again to give it another go.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paul W, Owner at The Fancott, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hi Tom

“Slightly disappointed”

Thanks for reviewing us at The Fancott with such glowing comments except for forgetting your wife's Apple Juice.
I do apologise for this error and lapse in Service.

Was great though to read you thought the food was superb.

Please do return soon!

Watford, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was my first time here and will definitely not be my last.
My daughter and her husband have been coming here for the past 4 years and have raved about it. Now I know why.
The staff were lovely, polite and efficient.
The food was amazing.
Safe enviorment for the children - good choice on the childrens menu as well.
Would recommend this to all.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paul W, Owner at The Fancott, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Hi Suzie

“Fabulous!”

Oh thank you for the “Fabulous!” review.
Very much appreciated by us all at The Fancott in Toddington.

“Not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

After finding The Fancott on trip advisor, it seamed like the nicest place to eat around the area, though after following directions on google maps via the trip advisor app. I ended up a 15 minutes walk from where The Fancott was. Also the food was very disappointing, it did not live up to it reviews at all, I ordered a tart to begin with, it was sloppy & filled with melted cheese with no other real taste, the main was a sausage baguette which was below average. The whole experience was not worth the while, can't always trust trip advisor!

Paul W, Owner at The Fancott, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Hi Martine

“Not very good”

Oh, not very good review eh? What a pity you didn't enjoy your meal with us!
But thank you for taking trouble to review!
I am assuming you didn't let us know on the day, your complaints.

I also assume you weren't driving, in a motor car, as you ended up 15 minutes walk away!
I don't know what happened there with the directions, as looks OK to me!
I am assuming you used directions from our web site as I don't think there are directions on theTripAdvisor site.

The tart I assume was "Red onion pastry tart filled with a cheddar cheese sauce & cherry tomato chutney, served with balsamic dressed rocket" I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy, I checked today and looked and tasted lovely!
Surprised you followed with "Deacons pork sausages baguette, served with fried onions" not to worry again sorry you were not impressed as our butcher will also be disappointed.

Thanks again for review even though not very favourable.

You probably won't find us again, so no worries.