“New Year's Eve” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bedford, United Kingdom
“New Year's Eve”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We booked a 1 night New Year's Eve package with 2 inclusive treatments. We arrived halg an hour early but were welcomed and checked in and given our keys to our room.We met our friends who had booked separately to us. When we checked about seating arrangements for dinner in the evening we were told that it wasn't a problem for us to be seated on the same table so we were pleased with that as we wanted to spend as much time together as possible. Our room was very cosy and clean and had good amenities ie: tea & coffee, toiletries, robes & flip flops. We went to the treatment reception to change our body wraps to body scrubs, the receptionist was very friendly and helpful, we also book the Rasul chamber for the 4 of us. We spent most of the afternoon by the pool just relaxing, it was heaven. Our evening Itinerary was Champagne & canopy's ( which there were plenty) in the Lounge at 7.00 pm, the atmosphere was lovely, everyone was dressed in Black Tie or Cocktail Dress, at 7.45 we were all escorted to the dinning room for a fantastic four course dinner, the food was excellent and the service fast and professional. The entertainment 3 female singers was brilliant, we saw in the New Year at midnight and carried on partying until almost 1.00 am. The following morning we had a very tasty cooked breakfast before going for our Rasul Mud treatment, this was great fun and also our skin was so soft afterwards. We stayed for lunch, again we could not fault the food. We ended up leaving around 4.00 pm. I would just like to say a very big thank you to all the staff for making our New Year so special. I have been to Henlow on several occasions and will definitely be returning in the not to distant future.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are just as good as superior only on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Sandy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Have just come back from a lovely weekend stay at champneys and it was fabulous. This is my fifth year visiting and I never fail to be impressed. The staff are friendly, the room comfy and homely and the food is amazing. I had three treatments included in my stay, all of which were very relaxing and carried out by staff who put me at ease. I also added a spa heaven cocoon treatment and definitely recommend it, it is one of the best treatments I have had there, the scalp and foot massage whilst you are wrapped up was so good I forgot where I was! Can't wait for next years visit, not to wish my life away, but roll on Jan 2014!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Stevenage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I went with 16 friends and we all had a brilliant time. We went for a weekend stay. We were Greeted by lovely smiles when we checked in. Our bags were taken to our rooms. We had a triple room and it was very comfortable. Tea and coffee making facilities in our room, tv with DVD player. Toiletries. I cannot fault the room or service we received. All the food was 100%. The treatments were so good, I had a facial, full body massage... Oh it was delightful. All I can say is you need to try it for yourself, because I can't wait to return. There are so many activities you can try, spinning, yoga, stretch and relax, swimming, sauna, walking and many more or just relaxing watching the world go by. Thank you to all the staff for another very enjoyable, relaxing weekend.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Beeston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have just came away from a weekend stay at Champneys (Friday until Sunday). I can siomply say the place gets beeter and better. All of the bedrooms have had improvements (decor) and everything is stylish and modern. I stayed in room 77 which was amazing as it overlooked the rear gardens and waterfall. The noise from the waterfall was so calming and made our sleep even better. The staff couldn't help you anymore if they tried as they are there to please. The weekend was fully booked yet you never felt like everywhere was busy or waiting for seats etc.
The treatments were brilliant as always and the fitness classes have been upgraded even more. I love going here year in year out and will always be a loyal customer.

Room Tip: Room 77 is amazing...quiet, tranquil and close to all amenties
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
knebworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed as part of a big group, we had a great time. This was my second visit and I enjoyed every minute.
The pool facilities are fab, cannot fault the food it's absolutley lovely and the staff are very friendly and helpful.
The treatments are brilliant and they make you feel so relaxed!
The classes are also very good especially the aqua classes - good excersise and good fun!
We stayed in room 8 again which is a lovely spacious room - very clean!
Overall I cannot complain about anything had a great time and cannot wait until next year!!

• Stayed January 2013
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here between Christmas and New Year, my husband, myself and our 25 year old daughter. It was a perfect break for all of us, non stop classes, to suit every ability with excellent and fun teachers. The pool area was lovely, immaculate and more classes and activities if you wanted to join in, or you could just relax, read a book or sleep. The other guests were friendly, not at all stuffy and there was certainly no competition over outfits, fitness levels or shape, very refreshing, it was just all good fun.

The rooms were a little dated, the beds could do with being replaced but that said they were adequate, clean and tidy if not spectacular. It was very quiet at night!

The food, well what can I say apart from thank you, it was always excellent, immaginative and with plenty of it we certainly did not ever feel hungry, despite being very active all day. As two of us were vegetarians we were more than catered for. Wine was available with dinner if you wanted.

We loved the lounge area in the evening after dinner, some more games would have been nice.

I would have no hesitation in returning, a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was our first day at Champney's. It was very relaxing and we had a wonderful time. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
We had a few treatments and all were great and relaxing. The food was great, very healthy and very nicely presented, there was a wide range of salads and hot foods.
There was a lot of places where you could just sit read and have a little snooze, like the conservatory and the pool area.
We liked the pool and hot tub, where we met up with family, we sat in there for ages just talking, its great to sit in the hot tub with the warm bubbles!
The little shop was good, the staff were friendly and the products were lovely.
We will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Champneys Henlow? Share your experiences!