“relax day” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Bedford, United Kingdom
“relax day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

A wonderful retreat! Everyday stresses disappear the moment you walk through the door.
There are lots of different treatments on offer at really affordable prices. The luxury manicure was out of this world, mine is still looking great two weeks after my visit ( and they also give you a complimentry bottle of nail polish)!
All the staff were friendly and welcoming and they always offer incentives for return visits - this was my fourth visit and i will be booking up again soon, I can't wait!

Rochester, United Kingdom
“Mid Week Spa Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Fantastic. Could find nothing to complain about. Hotel was brilliant. Food Fantastic. Staff exceptional. Location was so peaceful. bike ride was good fun.

Visited October 2012
Cambridge
“Day Spa at Henlow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My daughter, Sister and Niece are regular users of this Spa as a treat day together sometimes twice a year. It never fails to provide a lovely relaxed day set in beautiful surroundings. The staff are wonderful professional and friendly - always make you feel special and nothing too much trouble, the food is excellent and even though we have been visiting for over 10 years we all look forward to a wonderful day and is always our 1st choice of "Girls Treat" Champneys send us excellent offers which we take full advantage of whenever possible. We all return from our day chilled, relaxed buffed and polished and ready to book the next Spa Experience to look forward to.

Visited October 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“What a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I were bowled over by the day we spent here. It was so relaxing; we had the thalassotherapy treatment and it was fantastic as it totally rejuvenated us.
The lunch was out of this world. The selection was great, and the taste just as good and all diets were catered for.
This is just a particularly scenic and calming environment to spend a very pleasurable day.

Bedford, UK
3 attraction reviews
“Worst Spa I've ever been to!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Wife booked us into Champneys Henlow for the day as a little R&R.

Booking sorted, enquired about treatments (1st time), have a look at the website and book on the day, great she thinks. I was expecting a little pack through the post thanks for booking this is what we have etc.

Week before we are due to arrive, wife phones up to book (2nd time) some massages, waxing etc. their system is down at the moment - but don't worry their is always space on the day.

I'm now getting a little worried but do not want to take the shine off a lovely surprise that she has arranged, all the spas i've ever booked insist on booking treatments up front.

On arrival we were greeted by the reception team which was fantastic, tea coffee fresh OJ etc. asked to fill out the H&S questions then told to make our way down stairs.

We got down to the basement, to then stand there for 5 mins feeling like a pair of plums waiting for someone to greet us, no one did! So we are now walking around with no idea of where we are going!

We found ourselves at the spa reception - right time to book some treatments, oh wait whats this we are being told,

Every treatment we wanted was not available - what a joke. Muffled apologies were then made, that was it off you go down to the pool.

On entering the changing room, there was a group of chaps getting changed, not to strange you would have thought - but it also doubles as the staff changing room to, so nowhere to sit and get changed, I struggle like a child at school with my kit on the floor while staff members use the benches.

Walking through to the pool had me noticing ceiling tiles missing or stained with damp, wall tiles missing, showers not working, passed the sauna and steam boxes (I thought this was supposed to be a spa resort), these 2 rooms were tiny and smelly, finally at the pool expecting something special ..........

NOPE - a large pool with a really small jacuzzi and about 10 loungers with 5 wicker dining chairs, the loungers were already taken, fair one that's where I would be to. But to feel like joining a queue to get into the hot tub is shambolic at best.

Then that was it, we could have paid a lot less money and sat at the Oasis in Bedford and got better facilities.

I will not be returning, unless there is a vast improvement!

Wife not to pleased either!