“I can't wait to return with my hubby and son.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adventure Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Burtchville
Adventure Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added Adventure Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
3650 Shorewood Drive, North Lakeport, Burtchville, MI 48059   |
Houston, TX
“I can't wait to return with my hubby and son.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

Thought I'd give "the thumb" a try prior to showing up for a class at UM. Wish I had done this for the prior class, too. I stay in B&B's every chance I get, even back home for weekend getaways. This Inn exceeded my expectations on room decor and size, views and owner hospitality. It was a cold, gray August weekend but I was still outfitted by the owners for a fun lakeside weekend with appropriate clothing that I of course had not brought and then the food... Ahh, the food. Breakfast was so good but then because of the bad weather we ran to town for a trip to the market - after catching Julia and Julia, and then returned to the Inn to try out some of the movie recipes. Adventure Inn has a beautiful beach, beautiful rooms and beautiful owners. I really did not venture out to the surrounding town much or the golf courses so I"m looking forward to heading back with my golfing husband who loves WWII history, trains and toys. He'll want to stay in a different room each night, just like I actually did do! My son will love the beach, the friendly dog, the sailing and probably the golf, too.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

My husband and I are from London, ON and we love to plan weekend trips to Michigan. The Adventure Inn is our favourite place to visit. We stayed in the Toy Box room three times and stayed in the Sandy Cottage in September.
We love the Toy Box room but with a small baby decided the Cottage might be a better bet. It was perfect. The upstairs is spacious and gave us plenty of room to set up our pack and play so our daughter was close to us. The kitchen is fabulous with everything you need at your finger tips ... but we decided to order pizza from a great restaurant down the road.
Sandy and Nicholas are wonderful hosts - warm, friendly and great to chat with.
We plan to visit again this summer and hope to stay longer.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

We stayed for a week in sandy cottage. The cottage is beautifull. Had a great time. Nicholos and I did go on a sail boat and it was great experience.

Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

My business has an office nearby Port Huron so rather than stay in another run-of-the-mill hotel I decided to try out a local B&B. What a great idea that was! Sandy and Nicholas are excellent hosts. Breakfast was divine and the evenings were relaxing and productive. I usually sit in my hotel room with my laptop on my bed catching up on e-mail, but at Adventure Inn I sat in the living room in front of the fire in a comfy chair with my feet up on the matching ottoman and a cup of tea or a soda available for evening refreshment. When I went in to work, everyone asked me why I looked so alive and ready to go, I told them, "You just have to know how to do business travel right!" I'll definitely return to the Adventure Inn whenever business calls me to Port Huron. I'd recommend it for business or pleasure to anyone!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2008

My sister and I stayed at Adventure Inn's Sandy Cottage for the second time. Again, we had a wonderful time. Sandy Cottage is modern, well maintained and steps from the private beach on Lake Huron. Owners are very friendly and helpful. "Cottage" is almost a misnomer, as it brings up memories of old, musty, rustic cabins. Sandy Cottage is a beautiful, new home. The kitchen and upstairs bedroom suite are fabulous! I would recommend a stay to anyone.

• Liked — Location, amenities
  • Stayed September 2008
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2008

We stayed at Adventure Inn for 1 Night in June as our 5 year anniversary get-away. The property was beautiful and well maintained. It was right on the water and had a great view of the lake. There was also nice tree cover which meant somewhere to sit in the shade any time of day- which is a good escape from the heat. The nearby roads were well maintained and connected you to local parks-which would be great for walking. We played frisbee and went rollerblading.

We stayed in the ToyBox room which had a comfortable bed, great shower facilities, antique (functional) slot machines, a nice couch view of the lake, and a large flat screen TV with HD TV. The entire place was well decorated and very clean.

The breakfast was incredible!! We had a fresh assorted fruit cup, coconut covered bananas, and the biggest piece of Raspberry French Toast...mmmmm. So good!

The owners have great suggestions for local restaurants and although they are about a 10-20 minute drive, the food choices are excellent. The drive wasn't an issue for us, plus we learned of a leisurely road we could take on our way back from dinner that gave some great views!

Overall Adventure Inn was a great place to stay and just get away from life for a night or two!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

My husband and I went stayed at the Adventure Inn for our anniversary. We stayed in the Aft Cabin and were very happy with that choice. The room was cozy and well decorated. The linens, towels, soap and shampoo were luxory standard. We had a wonderful view from our private balcony. In the morning we woke to the wonderful smell of breakfast. The food was wonderful! The host made us feel more then welcome in their home. On our second night we had homemade chocolates in our room for us. We cant wait to get back!

• Liked — wonderful host, the breakfast, the room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Adventure Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!