We had traveled with "KD" who wrote the prior review. Everything she wrote is what we experienced. We have been to other all resorts before and really weren't expecting much. Prior to the trip, I requested king size beds and within close proximity to "KD". We received rooms in adjacent buildings and both had king beds. We had a bottom room and they had the top room. We did prefer the top floor because of the "tree house" feel. The porches are large with plenty of room to move around. We never had an issue with a lack of towels or drink replenishment in the rooms. Even after our buddy Jewey did his job, someone else came around later to inspect his work. The water was always hot and there were no issues.
Wi-fi worked exceptionally well in and around our buildings. It was fast and had the capability to "FaceTime". As stated before , the food was not what we were expecting. We all had a filet the first night that was cooked and seasoned to perfection. Each meal we had was very good and and matched the service we got. Benjamin was our server in the mornings and at lunch and was very attentive as well. The only buffet we experienced during our stay was during breakfast. There was plenty of selections to choose from for all appetites. Other places I've been to may have had an overabundance of selections but it showed in quality. I absolutely loved the wings from the poolside grill and had them every day. No store bought nachos or salsa here. All freshly made right there. PS - ask Marcelino for his special cappuccino.
Previous reviews claimed they had watered down drinks. Let me tell you from experience that is not the case. I saw sealed bottles being opened and used in the drinks my man Joann made for us. They even had some known brands such as Bacardi, Captain Morgan and Malibu on the shelf. Try Johan's Goodbye MF'er and you will see the drinks aren't watered down. No slushy frozen drink machines her either. All are made to order.
We learned that all of the animals here have been rescued from elsewhere. All are obviously be very well taken care of by caring people.
You are in nature here and at a small resort where peace and quiet are constant. It is a very relaxing location without people everywhere. This is not a upscale place with granite and marble everywhere. It is an exceptional value that is in a jungle with rescued animals. Will return in the future with our children. Hats off to the staff at Bel Air Xpuha!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bel Air Xpu-Ha is the newly open Resort of Bel Air Collection at Riviera Maya. Feel with your family the natural environment, the perfect place to rest and delight yourself. A unique place for a romance experience. Enjoy our facilities surrounded by natural beauty in an eco-paradise. A gourmet experience in each of our restaurants, from Mexican-Italian fusion cuisine to sushi & martini delightful Japanese style, all in a la carte menu selection. Premium brand drinks and appetizing snacks in our Bars at Lobby and pool area. A unique layout of a cozy and peaceful guestrooms in liberate getaway with all the luxury and comfort of a five stars resort, refurbished indoors with jacuzzi and branding amenities; a relaxed exterior and a spacious terrace with hammock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Hotel Xpuha
- Xpu Ha Palace Xpuha
- Bel Air Collection Xpu Ha Riviera Maya Mexico - Xpu-Ha