Nice room, but chambermaids leave door open when servicing and lots of mosquitoes entered. Not enough bottled water provided each day. Fairly isolated location, good if you just want to stay at resort. Not great souvenir shopping at resort.
We 'thought' food was good...but both ended up with bad stomach cramps & diarrhea (one of us for 7 days; 4 at resort and 3 days back at home). And we were careful: took preventative prescription drug prior to going, only ate at resort, only drank bottled water, and did not drink alcohol excessively (maybe that was our mistake?). Enjoyed pool staff that served drinks etc. Too many europeans that smoked!
Not sure if we would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Agoda, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha