This resort is very nice and in a great location near lots of things to see. We have been to most of the top notch resorts up and down the Riviera Maya coast and this resort is just a notch below them overall. We had to try it after all the rave reviews. The food overall was good, with plenty of options. The breakfast buffet was pretty good, lots to choose from. Had to tell a Europian where to GET OFF!! and to keep his nose off the syrup bottle! If you want to know what it is, put some on your finger and taste it!! The room was nice with plenty of space for a standard room. The patio was secluded because of the foilage, not much to see on the ground floor. We were in building 4, which is right in the middle of the resort. I think if i had to choose, it would be building 5 or 6 because they are closer to the beach and you are more apt to be barefoot heading in that direction as opposed to heading to the front desk, or reasturants with shoes on. The stone pathways are a little hard on the heels! The beach is very nice! Secluded from other resorts. Snorkling was good up and down the beach near the rocks. Service was very good. We took a van to the small town of Chemuyil, what a cool little town!! 40 pesos for the two of us. Nice local shops with great prices. We ate at a nice outdoor grill in front of the owners home. They were so nice and the food was terrific!! The bill was next to nothing and for that we tipped them very well and they were very thankful. This town was the highlight of our trip! The people were so friendly. We meet a guy from Indiana that had a new 2 bedroom house there that he visits 5 or 6 times a year. He gave us a tour of it and the town. Very nice place. He said he would rent it to us for a week or more. The price was a very reasonable price, and it's just 2 blocks from the beach! He gave us his business card and said to just give him a call or e-mail him. If you want his name and number e-mail me. Like a few have stated, this is a nice resort for the money, but because of the rude French and Italians who were to stuck up to make a conversation, and leave there cigarette butts, and packs on the beach, we will take our vacations at the other fine resorts in the Riviera Maya where we've never had a problem with rude guests. Viva America! and Canada!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha