Just returned last night from a quickie 5 night stay at CRT. What a great resort, hard to believe it's a 3 1/2 *, just hope that with so many positive reviews we'll be able to return! So many people we talked with said they had gotten info and booked because of what they had read on TA, and everyone we met was more than pleased, so word has definitely gotten around.
The resort is not very impressive from the road, especially if you've been to any of the other AI's in this area of Mexico where you drive down km's of landscaped roadway before you reach the lobby of the resort. But, what it lacks in curb appeal more than makes up for it. From our first encounter with the staff until our check out everyone was friendly, always smiling and saying Hola.
We were in Bldg. 3 in one of their renovated rooms, non-smoking, king bed and on the 2nd floor. Very spacious room with nice bathroom, large shower (no bathtub), powerful hairdryer, nice towels, 2 bathrobes and 2 pair of slippers, ironing board & iron (does anyone still iron???), everything needed to make for a comfortable stay. They advertise in-room wi-fi and I brought my notebook to keep in touch with family on Skype, it was a bit sketchy as sometimes the signal was very strong then just went out, they were experiencing problems with it during our stay, there are also 2 computers in the lobby area for use at $5 USD for 30 minutes. Bldg. 3 was pretty much in the middle and very convenient to both the restaurants and the pool and beach.
The resort itself is beautiful, everything is so well taken care of, the pool is huge, grounds fantastic and what can I say about the white sand beach that hasn't already been said? The food was more than adequate, we did have dinner at each of the restaurants but didn't make it for tapas. Our favorite was LaSelva, very good food with good service, the Mexican restaurant and the Grill were good, only negative was at Toscana, the Italian restaurant, the food was fine but our waiter was very cranky & rude.
Really don't have much more to share that hasn't already been told. We had a great time, met several couples and hope to have made life-long friends with one couple. Time went by too fast and we hope to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha