Catalonia Royal Tulum Jan. 9 - Jan23, 2009. A great holiday at the CRT! Booked our holiday with BCAA in Prince George and used Sunquest Vacations. Excellent connections and everything worked out great. We flew on a Air Transat Airbus A310 and it was slightly cramped, try to get the first class or pay to sit at the emergency exit for more leg room. On the return trip to Vancouver we requested aisle seats which were not so confining!! Food was terrible on the plane. Do not stop at the counters outside the Cancun terminal as they act like they are part of Sunquest but they are just selling timeshares. Avoid them!! We know of someone who stayed too long talking to them and missed their shuttle to their hotel.. Cost them a lot of taxi money to finally get to their hotel!! Reception at the hotel was very fast and efficient. We received a king bed on the second floor which was fine. If I had to do it again I think I would prefer the third floor on the west side of the complex to see the setting sun. Hotel room key card was fun to use as it sometimes took us a few minutes to get into our room but my wife and I had fun trying different card swipeing techniques!! They probably could use some new beds but we survived. The shower was great. Had only warm water one day but oh well!! Food and service for the most part was very good. Had a very dry piece of chicken at the Royal Grill one night but I was putting on too much weight anyway!! Bring your own insulated cups especially for the smoothie bar as their glass washing was a little suspect, looks like they use some sort of chemical!! Beach, pool etc was fantastic. The topless section also added to the romantic aura of the place! Bring lots of US dollar bills as I was tipping with 20 and 50 peso notes to everybody and it can get expensive but they deserve it. I could go on and on but I am sure you will enjoy the CRT. PS. The washrooms at the Vancouver airport were not very clean and they had a little trouble connecting our plane to the ramp. Everybody involved with the winter Olympics should go to Mexico to see how to treat tourists!! I hope our waiters and waitresses and other service people are equal to the task!! Back home in Quesnel at -28 degrees!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpuha