My wife and I went here for our "babymoon" (which I had never heard of but was more than happy to give her) in February 2014. Its a very quiet resort. We weren't there to do anything but relax, sit on the beach (or near the pool) and forget about work for 7 days. Mission accomplished. If you're looking for a resort to go to and party, this probably isn't the place. But for what we wanted it was perfect. Why we picked it--Adults only. Figured we would have plenty of time to go to family friendly resorts!
The only issue we had (and it wasn't a big issue) was the food. It could have been better (but also could have been much worse). Surprise surprise...the Mexican restaurant was the best. And don't miss out on the Thai restaurant that seems to be a secret.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpuha