My daughter and son in law stayed here last year and enjoyed it so much, she daughter treated me to 2 weeks with her for my 60th birthday.
I love the way the resort is set up for maximum privacy. All the balconies of the buildings are screened from people walking the lovely flagstone path to the beach by beautiful trees and gardens. The path is kept spotless by the outdoor employees who greet everyone who passes them as they work.
The pool area was gorgeous. It’s the first time I’ve ever used the pool at a resort, preferring to swim in the sea but the no kids policy made the pool very inviting. It’s long and deep enough to really swim. Service in this area is great as it is on the beach.
I am always amazed at how the staff have to put up with a variety of guests, not all of whom are pleasant. Most of the staff can help out in several different languages where many guests don’t even try to be understood in Spanish. My hat goes off to all of-room service, front desk, chamber maids, restaurant staff and outdoor staff and anyone I have forgotten to include. I admire your willingness to accommodate the many requests and demands you deal with on a daily basis.
We particularly enjoyed the bar, beach front and pool side services. This is not an easy job and these people kept a smile on their faces and were always helpful to us. Our Favorites were Geny, Jonathan, Ethran and Wilbert. I don’t know if I have spelled their names correctly but every day were saw them do an excellent job of keeping the drinks coming and dealing with people I wouldn’t want to have to smile at. Thank you for making our holiday even more enjoyable!
Our room was very clean and we had no problem with smells even though I expect some in tropical countries. We enjoyed guessing what kind of towel animal would be on our beds as we came up the stairs in the evenings. Thanks to the skilled ladies who spent so much time creating these creatures!!
So many choices for evening meals!! Our favorites were the Asian restaurant and the charming Tappis Bar where the Mosquito Martinis and the oxtail stew were enjoyed more than once!! We also thought the Lobster Feast was very nicely presented and prepared to perfection and well worth the extra charge.
In fact, I have nothing bad to say about the resort itself. Only a comment to make about the on site dive shop. We stopped by one evening to enquire if they conducted dives at a certain place. The middle aged, dark haired woman I spoke to was very curt and her attitude put me off making inquiries as to what her shop did offer.
Overall, I loved my holiday here and would recommend it to anyone looking to have a more relaxed, less noisy getaway. Everything you could need or want is here. If you are not sure, just go to the front desk and ask a question. They are more than happy to set you on the right track.
Thanks to all who made my birthday trip such a wonderful and memorable experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpuha