Over last few years we have stayed at the Grand Palladium, the Valentin & the Eldorado Royal so we have other resorts to compare with the CRT. The bus trip from Cancun Airport was a disaster. We waited 30 min. outside before getting on our bus, waited another 30 min. then we're told to change buses, finally got to the resort, total of 3 hours. (Not the fault of CRT) the resort is nice, jungly feel to it which we liked. Saw many animals, even some monkeys. The beach was the best of the Mayan riviera resorts we've been at. About 70% of guests were Europeans with the other 30 % a mix of Canadian & Americans. Pool & area very nice , did not understand the point of the hot tubs by the beach. One was same temp as the pool & the other was way too hot. Saw lots of people go but turn around soon after. Overall service at bars & restaurants was a step below other resorts we've been to. We seem to always have to wait to get a refill of coffee in the morning or a glass of wine at lunch or dinner. At other resorts our cup or glass were always topped up without even asking, not the case here. Of course these are minor things but if you want a comparison, these are small things that make a resort rate a bit lower in my opinion . Overall we had a good time, food was good, good drinks & friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpuha