we stayed february 25-March 2nd. We had last stayed at Secrets Maroma Beach and would have returned there but the cost of that resort was out of our range... so we decided to try CRT as we love the beach and from what we read on tripadvisor this resort had a beautiful beach. And oh it is the most beautiful beach.... white soft sand, crystal clear blue warm water... light waves.
We arrived at the resort around 2:00 p.m. and we had taken a van with 2 other couples that were staying at other resorts. We were the last to be dropped off and after seeing the other 2 resorts at drop off... when we saw CRT we were a bit apprehensive... not that great when you pull up. The other thing I noticed was when we dropped the other 2 couples off there were people ready to take their bags, drink was being brought over to them... at CRT we did have that.. we had to meander up to the lobby desk and it didn't appear that they wanted to look at us. But soon enough someone sat us down brought the drink and told us that they wanted to offer us an upgrade to the honeymoon suite ... for $400 usd extra. We said we weren't interested and they said well we are at full capacity so we don't have your room right now go have lunch and come back in an hour. A little annoying but ok. I actually had to ask her "where do we go for lunch" and she said oh just go straight you'll find it... A little annoying but ok.
The buffet lunch restaurant is right by the beach; just beautiful and the food was good .. no complaints; something for everyone. The service is very good.
We went back to the lobby and they ended up giving us the honeymoon suite for no extra charge because that was the only room they had... bags were delivered and the room was very nice ... 6203 building 6 top floor. The rooms here can't compare to Secrets Maroma Beach though. But we were satisfied... clean comfy and good location.
This resort is all about the beach... its awesome; there are sea kayaks, catamaran, snorkeling equipment all free of charge which is great. The pool is just beautiful and it's right near the beach. Beach bar is located right there also good location between pool and beach. Drinks were fine and service was great.
We ate at all the restaurants and the food overall was good not excellent but they try. and the service is really great. We liked the steak dinner and the italian the best. The meandering path through the hotel is so beautiful and we loved the jungle feel.
The crowds seem to ebb and flow here. When we got here it was so crowded and then after 2 days it settled down. Not sure they deal with that very well at the front desk. By day 3 here we both felt absolutely so relaxed and I think the small, quiet nature of this resort helps you just feel wonderfully relaxed and happy.
We probably won't go back as we would like to try different resorts in the Riviera Maya but for the price this one I would recommend to try...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha