We love the Carribean - and the standard of he hotels in Mexico is always high. The CRT is situated away from other hotels and this is the first year that British tourists have come to it. Lets start with the bedrooms - they are big well equiped and comfortable - the mini bar is restocked daily - your towels are changed daily including beach towels and the air condition (individually controlled) does a very good job - overall couldnt fault the rooms. Our room was near reception so it was a fair walk down to the beach but thoroughly enjoyable walking through the rain forest with all the wild life both in the ground and in the canopy above - never adull moment. You had to walk pass the swimming pool which was very large and well maintained to reach the beach on the same level as the swimming pool. There were always plenty of sunbeds available but if you wanted an uninterrupted view of the sea then an early trip to the beach is advisable. The staff removed any seaweed first thing so the beach was always clean. The swimming area under the supervision of a lifeguard is clearly marked out though I neever comprehended the flag system. Staff were always around the grounds and common areas making sure it was clean and tidy. The bar staff were very attentive and the drinks kept flowing. There are four specialist restaurants and unusual you dont need to pre book just turn up and either go straight to a table or put your name on the list and retire to the bar until your table was ready.The food inour opinion wasnot as varied as our previous experiences in Mexico and sometimes it was difficult to satisfy your taste buds. The quantity of food in the specialist restaurants was more than plentiful sometimes too much. I enjoyed the self se4rvice lunches best. Overall it was a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Agoda, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Xpu-Ha