“One my top places in the world!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Xpuha
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Switzerland
“One my top places in the world!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I first went to this restaurant as a stop on a cruise ship excursion last year and the experience made such an impression we spent our summer vacation in the nearby resort of Tulum this year. We dutifully found this beach again which is off the beaten track and once again were so impressed ! This is not a flash restaurant, it is a typical simple restaurant on maybe the best beach I have ever seen! The service is great, beers ice cold and the cerviche and tacos are fantastic. The view and beach are out of this world, kids sipped their homemade lemonades with crushed ice in hammocks! The beach is unbelievable and most of the beach chairs are free, they only charge for the smart canvas ones but who cares about that when the sand is white and the sea turquoise! I am still dreaming about the mixed seafood cerviche for a ridiculously cheap price, we gave a big tip because the waiter was wonderful ! I cannot recommend this place highly enough even though I know it will change the un-touched spirit of the place!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

tennessee
“Absolutely the Worst”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I ate here one afternoon after walking down from our hotel at Al Cielo. Service was extremely slow, waiter had no personality and the food was terrible. We ordered the shrimp nachos and they were barely edible with some funky neon cheese all over. We then got our bill and the waiter said we owed him $40. After reviewing why it was so high, I noticed it was actually $34 and questioned him about the discrepancy. He explained that was his tip. I paid it to avoid going to a Mexican prison but never again will I go to this dump.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Missouri
“We will be back soon.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed at Catalonia Royal Tulum and walked up and down the beach here almost every day. We stopped once to have a beer and some ceviche, both of which were excellent. The staff were all nice and appreciated that we spoke a little Spanish. We will definitely go back on our upcoming trip to try some different food. It all was very fresh.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Beware high prices, tricks, and broken credit card machine”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Check your bill carefully, and make sure to notice that they hand-write the total including a generous tip at the bottom on the already overpriced food. Then when it comes time to dispute the total, they strategically rip off the bottom portion. Scammers. I have been burned too many times here, and I'm a local. And they know it. Sad. :(

Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Beautiful Beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Nice to spend the day here as the beach is beautiful. It can get crowded because more and more folks have discovered it

Visited May 2013