“Reef snorkel” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: XTC Dive Center is located within the Xcalak Reef National Marine Park, a strictly protected region of the Meso-american Barrier Reef system. The area boasts some of the most breathtaking dive sites on the Yucatan peninsula and offers visitors an opportunity to enjoy the pristine marine environment without the crowds present in the more developed areas of the coast.XTC Dive Center is internationally known for our world-class customer service, top notch equipment and expert guides. We provide a seamless customer experience through careful planning, logistics and proprietary local knowledge. All of our standard trips and courses provide great value!
Indiana
“Reef snorkel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Had a great time snorkeling with XTC at Xcalak and captain George. It was an adventure getting there, but once we did the staff and the reef made it worth while. We had two stops and George allowed us ample time to explore each site. The reef was vibrant with coral and fish. George also took us to a river inlet to try and get a glimpse of Manatees. We didn't see any so we could have considered that as wasted time but feeling the warm sea breeze as we boated there and back was relaxing and therapeutic.

A word to any that may make the trek there. The roads are good but not well marked. Take the main road (309) between Tulum & Chetumal south out of Tulum. Approximately 170 km south of Tulum there is a well marked road to Mahahual (also now call Costa Maya), turn and go east on that road. Continue east on said road approximately 60 km, at that point there is an UNMARKED road going south to Xcalak which you want to take. If you miss the road there is a gas station approximately 1 -2 km beyond on the south side of the road. Watch for this gas station!. Turn around and go back west, the road is marked from this direction. DO NOT GO ALL THEY WAY INTO COSTA MAYA.

Visited January 2012

Newcastle
“Boat trips, birds and Belize”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We took two trips with XTC, one to bird island, which was a bit disappointing (not many birds) but we did see Manatees (or at least their snouts) and did a bit of snorkelling. The second trip was to Belize, where we had a fantastic time snorkelling with rays and nurse sharks. It takes a while to get there and there is a ridiculous amount of paperwork and waiting around at customs in Belize, but the actual snorkelling bit was pretty fantastic. Pleasant staff at XTC, young, enthusiatic and knowledgable.

Visited January 2012
Crystal River, Florida
“TEC Diving course at XTC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Regarding my TEC course at XTC. Through all the training that I have done, I don't think I have been part of a better course than the one I experienced with Team XTC. I came in with a tight time frame, and my expectations were far exceeded. First of all, everything was done in a professional manner, and in a beautiful environment that can't be matched. The course itself, from knowledge reviews to training dives, is an intense undertaking. But Ollie and Javier made it happen in a way that was both relaxing and uber-enjoyable. Ollie had the course flowing like sweet wine and he nailed the logistics down like a seasoned veteran. Without him, I don't think the course would have come off in such superb fashion. Javier dropped some serious knowledge on me, and I'm a better diver for it, both recreationally and technically. He is master in his own right, and I consider myself lucky to have studied under him. Also, the gear was top of the line, and no corners were cut. Ever. The rest of the staff, facilities, and the ambiance of XTC only added to the already dynamite experience. I'll be back for my Trimix training, rebreather training, and when they invent some sort of alien underwater liquid breathing apparatus, I will come back for that training too. Oh, and the tee shirt, expensive as it was, is pretty cool.

Visited December 2011
Leuven, Belgium
“Absolutely the best diving experience I've had so far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Diving at XTC was amazing! They have really nice dice sites, lots and lots of things to see and discover.
I did some fun dives, and took the National Geographic Specialty course, wish was not only very interesting, but also tons of fun to do. Dive instructors are super friendly and make you feel comfortable and relaxed. You know you're in good, safe hands.

Apart from diving, also the on land experience at XTC was superb. They helped me find the right accomodation for me, hooked me up with transportation to and from Xcalak, showed me around, invited me for lunch and took me out on their weekly dinnernight and even a special thanksgiving dinner.

I loved being there, felt really good and enjoyed myself a lot. Absolutely the best diving experience I've had so far!

Seattle, Washington
“Refresher Dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

Loved the folks at XTC! I booked a trip to San Pedro Belize to Snorkel, booked a fishing trip and Signed up for a refresher dive. CJ is an awesome instructor. Hated the dock but everything else is terrific

Visited December 2011