“Great place for breakfast or lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Valladolid
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican, Coffee Shop, Ice Cream, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Restaurante de Comida Mexicana Atipica. Jugos y ensaladas frescas, desayunos, antojitos, tortas, pan, helados y pasteles, caseros y mucho mas!. Mesas en un agradable jardin, buena musica y buen cafe.Abierto de Martes a Domingo de 9:00 a 17:00 hrs. Cerramos los lunes.Frente al convento de San Bernardino de Siena.
“Great place for breakfast or lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Owner was very friendly and gave us some some helpful advice about the area, food was excellent... Stop in for food or a juice while you're in Valladolid, you won't regret it.

• Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Pocatello, Idaho
“Stop in if your near San Bernadino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Chose this spot for a late lunch near the convent in Valladolid. Small place, for the most part vegetarian. What I was most interested in was the local smoked meat, as they have a Oaxacan dish on their menu. Alas, they had run out, so we ordered an egg mole hot pot and some enchiladas enmole. Our food was very good. The mole very rich. We ordered aguas frescas for beverages.

This environment really seems like a small place in Oregon or Colorado, it is very health-conscious, and the menu seems unlike many of the places you might drop by for tacos or mariscos.

The prices can't be beat - lots of menu items for around 50 pesos.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Great fruit juice and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Popped in for lunch and sat in garden, very serene environment with classical music playing in back ground. Fruit juice was fantastic and food was great. My wife had blue cheese sandwich wich tasted great and I had the smoked carne very good also.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gottingen, Germany
“Wonderful find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This place was recommended to us by someone who lives near Valladolid. It was wonderful. The staff and owner were very friendly. The menu was entirely in Spanish, which was great! The aguas were gorgeous... the smoked pork torta fantastic... the baked eggs (with added habanero salsa) were wonderful!!

• Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
“revisiting Valladolid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was on my way from Piste to Playa del Carman and was passing through Valladolid. I thought that I sort of missed the wonderful meals I have had here at Yerba Bueno so - rather than using my already purchased ticket I decided to splurge and take a hotel for the night and pay a premium for my return to Cozumel. I was under budget because my landlord gave me a really low cost last week of my 5 week stay. And I was not disappointed. Estavan greeted me warmly, as did his wife Monica a few minutes later and he showed me his new menu - to which I said - I'll just have your breakfast. With this instruction I was treated to an awesome omelette, a mysterious opening drink, something like an orange juice but not, and a more than decent coffee. During my breakfast experience fresh coconut juice (chilled) was delivered as well. The bill came to under $10 and was without doubt the best breakfast in the last 5 months in Mexico. Another bonus was learning that Estavan is planning to plant some old Aztec plants to enable a future magical breakfast treat. So I am already looking forward to my return in November - if only for the breakfast and maybe get a visit to the Rancho Santa Clara and see how the magical plants are coming along. I forgot to mention - the taste of the spicy salsa - unrivaled in all my Mexico travels of thirty years. Hot, gentle almost refined. Killing me softly as the song goes. I was thinking of how to pack the unfinished salsa - and then my cab came to take me to the bus terminal. -

• Visited April 2013