“revisiting Valladolid” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Valladolid
Cuisines: Mexican, Healthy, Ice Cream, Café
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Restaurante de Comida Mexicana Atipica. Jugos y ensaladas frescas, desayunos, antojitos, tortas, pan, helados y pasteles, caseros y mucho mas!. Mesas en un agradable jardin, buena musica y buen cafe.Abierto de Martes a Domingo de 9:00 a 17:00 hrs. Cerramos los lunes.Frente al convento de San Bernardino de Siena.
“revisiting Valladolid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was on my way from Piste to Playa del Carman and was passing through Valladolid. I thought that I sort of missed the wonderful meals I have had here at Yerba Bueno so - rather than using my already purchased ticket I decided to splurge and take a hotel for the night and pay a premium for my return to Cozumel. I was under budget because my landlord gave me a really low cost last week of my 5 week stay. And I was not disappointed. Estavan greeted me warmly, as did his wife Monica a few minutes later and he showed me his new menu - to which I said - I'll just have your breakfast. With this instruction I was treated to an awesome omelette, a mysterious opening drink, something like an orange juice but not, and a more than decent coffee. During my breakfast experience fresh coconut juice (chilled) was delivered as well. The bill came to under $10 and was without doubt the best breakfast in the last 5 months in Mexico. Another bonus was learning that Estavan is planning to plant some old Aztec plants to enable a future magical breakfast treat. So I am already looking forward to my return in November - if only for the breakfast and maybe get a visit to the Rancho Santa Clara and see how the magical plants are coming along. I forgot to mention - the taste of the spicy salsa - unrivaled in all my Mexico travels of thirty years. Hot, gentle almost refined. Killing me softly as the song goes. I was thinking of how to pack the unfinished salsa - and then my cab came to take me to the bus terminal. -

• Visited April 2013

Atlanta
“Special find in Valladolid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Yerbabuena was recommended to us by John at Casa de los Venados. He and Dorianne had been to the restaurant opening party in December. Glad to see they are now recognized on TripAdvisor for their wonderful food. Michele, Pat and I sat in the colorful garden until it began to rain, then moved indoors with the wonderful view through the old doors. Michele had a sore throat and Estaban whipped up a special drink for her. I had the pork sandwich with guacamole and humus. Everyone's meal was tasty. We enjoyed hanging out and had coffee with and desert. This will be a regular stop anytime I'm traveling through Valladolid. (please approve my garden photo, it has Pat & Michele pictured)

• Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“and then there was desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

after coming to this restaurant for a week I could not decide on what desert to order. Stephan offered me three choices - I could not decide - so he gave me all three.
each one a taste delight - reminding me of the Le Trou Normand in Toronto. It was known for its Calvedos and deserts. There is no Calvedos here, but the deserts rank with the very best. You will not be disappointed.

Now we will have to determine what is the reason for the meteoric success of this restaurant? the food, tastes and textures, the prices?, the service?, the ambiance?

put them all together and you have a world standard restaurant - not just in Valladolid.

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“forget about the menu - just have the daily special”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The first time I ate here it reminded me of the Beggars Banquet in Toronto in the 70's. each time I came here the food, the tastes, the environment, reminded me more and more of the past great meals that I have had. The last time - today - a new standard was set. Monica was given free rein to satisfy my taste buds - and I was not disappointed. I could not help thinking how this meal should be more expensive - I tried to compare it to my Toronto experience - but this was so much better and for a price - well I suggested to Stephan today that he should raise his prices. will he? possibly. but this is a restaurant that is not to be missed.

• Visited February 2013
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“Valladolid - Not Only For Vegetarians”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

In February 2013 we stayed in Valladolid and ate at Yerbabuena del Sisal 5 times in three days. Breakfast, lunch and once just for coffee. All of the people who work there are friendly and most helpful. You need the help because there is so much to choose from - especially with the various flavours and styles of water. Every one we tried was good.
There is something about sitting there and staring across the giant park to the convent on a hot and slow afternoon and eating their salads, burgers and the day I was there a chile relleno special. There was nothing I did not like.
It is good food in a supportive and relaxing enviroment (including always interesting music). Most of the menu is vegeatarian but they certainly accomodate meat eaters. They are careful, though, to prepare meat dishes separately and to cook them separately so vegerarians like myself can be at ease.
All in all a very, very good place to eat and spend time.

• Visited February 2013