A restored 17th century hacienda, this hotel is a nice oasis from the busy world outside its doors. Right on the main plaza, just two blocks from the bus station, it has a reasonably-priced restaurant surrounding one courtyard and a lovely swimming pool surrounding another. It was a little pricey for our budget (860 pesos for two matrimonial beds), but well worth it: quiet, pleasant staff, book exchange, great location. Nice big tiled bathrooms, hot water most of the time. We thought we'd stay one or two nights, ended up staying four. Only drawback--our room was at the back and right next to a school with a commandant that insisted on raising the troops at 0700 hours with music and rousing advice over a very loud speaker. But, hey!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Meson del Marques is located in the heart of historic Valladolid,a very peaceful and beautiful colonial city filled with history, just 40 kms away from Chichen Itza. The hotel is one of the oldest buildings in the city constructed in the beginning of the XVII century, unique in its combination of historical atmosphere and contemporary acomodations and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your El Meson del Marques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Meson Del Marques Hotel Valladolid
- El Meson Del Marques Valladolid