On our posh backpacking tour of the yucatan this was our hotel highlight over 3 weeks and 6 differerent places. A wonderful old collonial building with a great restaurant around a fountain in the first courtyard and nice but smallish pool in the quad behind that. Simple traditional rooms and very good service. It is right on the main sqaure which is sinigifanctly quainter and more appealing than Merida and far better access to Chichen Itza and Ek Balham (recomended as less touristy and more jungleified)
Price was the upper end of our budget (800 M$ = £45 / $55 US for standard room) but well worth it and miles better value than more touristy places like Tulum or Playa.
Breakfast not included in our deal but recomended, as a bit pricier than local places but really really good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Meson del Marques is located in the heart of historic Valladolid,a very peaceful and beautiful colonial city filled with history, just 40 kms away from Chichen Itza. The hotel is one of the oldest buildings in the city constructed in the beginning of the XVII century, unique in its combination of historical atmosphere and contemporary acomodations and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your El Meson del Marques reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Meson Del Marques Hotel Valladolid
- El Meson Del Marques Valladolid