Our trip for four days to Mayan Beach Garden was great- it is located twenty kms north of out-of-the-way Mahahual (which is mostly a cruise ship ghetto) on a beautiful, sparsely populated 3 mile long beach. Snorkling is good right off the beach in front of the hotel, but is even better if one walks ten minutes up the beach. The snorkling there is great for kids who may be less than confident in that the very unspoiled reef is in water that is only three to six feet deep.
The owner/hosts of the hotel, Marcia and Kim are very congenial and helpful. Kim is very interested in Mayan sites and he is a good resource for which ones to visit and is full of good advice and interesting stories.
This is a small hotel, so expect friendly and informal service. The food is good, but generally unless you make a special request (there is a menu), everyone eats the special of the day for lunch and dinner. Everything we had was delicious. We enjoyed chatting and eating with out fellow guests and the owners. Be sure to take a book! This is a place to enjoy the outdoors and relax.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Beach Garden Hotel Mahahual
- Mayan Beach Garden Hotel
- Mayan Beach Garden Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded off the grid solar powered beach front Inn, nestled on sandy white beach on the Mexican Caribbean. Walk for miles in either direction, swim or snorkel from shore. This is the closest Hotel to the Sian Ka'an Biosphere- maps and independent traveler's guidance are available. King sized beds, fans and large bathrooms in each room. Hot Breakfast included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Mayan Beach Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.