This March we returned for our 3rd visit of 18 days to Balamku and the little village of Mahahual. We land at Cancun airport, pick up our car at American Car Rental ($600 USD for 18 days and unlimited mileage) and head south as soon as we can! We can't wait to get to Mahahual about 4 hours south on the Caribbean Sea.
Once we arrive at Balamku Inn on the Beach (5 kms south of Mahahual) we enjoy the clean (5 stars!), spacious, and private palapa, pristine beach and warm Caribbean Sea only steps from our front door, excellent breakfasts (5 stars!), and friendly attention from Carol and Joanna (another 5 stars!). 5 pm 'happy hour' with Carol ended each day and began each evening on a wonderfully restful and friendly note. Thankfully, wifi is good at Balamku, so any work that needed to be done back home could be done; checking in daily kept it all under control.
Days we roamed the malecon in Mahahual, visiting with David and Suni at the Silver Reef, Steve and Maggie at Tropicante, and Bera and Louisa at their little shop of well-made and even better priced clothing! Restful yoga with Simone of Costa-Maya-Yoga was a highlight, as were dives with dive masters Barb Eller, Luis of Kabah-Na, and Selma of Nomad Divers (dolphins, turtles, rays, wrecks, and more!).
After the daytime fun we enjoyed many dinners at Travel Inn with Justa and Albert and turned them into late evenings of games (Quiddler or Quirkle, anyone?), or just swinging on the porch, visiting with good friends!
Thank you to Carol of Balamku for making our 3rd visit is fun as our 1st . . . ; we can't wait to come back in 2014!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balamku is a small ecological hotel that offers beautiful rooms all facing the Sea and directly on the beach. We guarantee privacy, tranquility and excellent service. Since we are 6 kms south of Mahahual, our hotel is never noisy or crowded. We do not work with cruise ship folks so privacy is never compromised. The newly improved beach road makes access to town easy in less than 10 minutes. Kayaks are free to explore the reef just metres from our beach for great snorkeling. Large breakfasts are included as well as taxes.Enjoy the Caribbean Sea away from the crowds and relax in our natural environment.Please join us for private YOGA here or in town. Exceptional experience! Look for our YOGA retreats on FB ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Balamku Inn on the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balamku Inn On The Beach Hotel Mahahual
- Balamku Inn On The Beach Mahahual, Mexico - Costa Maya