“The best BBQ I have ever had plus great service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view
Description: If you are looking for a ten million dollar view of the Caribbean and and an unforgettable meal, then our American, Mexican and Seafood restaurant will have you coming back for more. We have over 150' of pristine beach to lounge and enjoy the day in the sun. Or, you can visit our second story restaurant that is above the 'bug' zone and away from the beach vendors, allowing you to enjoy the view, your meal and drinks. We have the most complete bar in Mahahual serving over 40 different tequilas, great BBQ, steaks and ribs, authentic Mexican, American and seafood. Complete your meal with one of our specialty desserts.
Denver, Colorado
“The best BBQ I have ever had plus great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We got off the Norwegian Star on Christmas Eve and took a cab into town for just a couple of dollars. The cab dropped us off and the first place we walked to was a brand new bbq restaurant. We walked up the stairs where we had a great view of the beach and the ship. The owner, Robert and his entire family run this American bbq place. We were seated and had our drinks before we had a chance to read the menu.

This is the best BBQ that I have ever had in my whole life. I had the smoked chicken plate with potato salad and my wife had the smoked brisket plate with fresh cut fries and potato salad. The potato salad was to die for.

The food was out in a matter of minutes which left us plenty of time to eat, drink and then go lay on the beach at El Caballo Blanco.

They had dessert but we we too full. The portions are big, the price was very reasonable and the place was clean.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
rcrowe1966, Owner at Big Papa's BBQ, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
WOW! The best BBQ. I have had some pretty good BBQ in my days and I appreciate the comment. Come back soon!