“Costa Maya Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
San Antonio, Texas
“Costa Maya Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Macho's Bar is just far enough on the outskirts of Mahahaul to enjoy a small private beach experience. It was lovely. We had delicious guacamole and various salsas. The Pina Colodas are fabulous! We watched a fishing boat return with its catch and the various birds getting their servings. This remote restaurant is clean, the proprietor was extremely accommodating, and we highly recommend this establishment. Don't park your golf cart with any other vendor!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

70% Recommend
Buffalo, NY
“Lovely local restaurant right on the beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I landed in costa maya on my cruise ship and took a cab to downtown and proceeded to walk down the main street, away from downtown and came upon Macho's on the edge of town. The owner invited me and my family in and we were so pleased. This is a little tiny fishing village, sleepy and quiet. Somewhere to just get away and enjoy the beach and the peace. We indulged in daiquiri's and margaritas while waiting for our lunch. The table is set right into the sand, in front of the water. I ordered a shrimp ceviche and my family shared fresh guacamole and salsa and also beef fajitas. As a pleasant surprise, there is free Wifi, a nice bonus since it is so expensive on the ship. After the lunch, there were ladies giving professional massages right on the beach. For $20, it was a heavenly hour! The girl I used was named Lilliana and she was excellent. I would love to return to Mahahual, away from the cruise and just sit and watch the water, sipping cold drinks and enjoying quiet for a few days.

• Visited January 2013