“Hit and Miss” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 4 Attractions in Mahahual
More attraction details
Owner description: Dolphin Discovery is the world's number one swim with dolphins company. We welcome cruise lovers to our facility in Costa Maya to live the experience of a lifetime swimming with dolphins in paradise.
“Hit and Miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

The experience was good, we enjoyed the actual encounter. However, they did not allow cameras. I was disappointed but ok. Where they lost me was after. You are offered pictures to purchase. The cost of the pictures was OUTRAGEOUS. I couldnt even afford to buy them because you are not offered one picture to buy, they try to force you to buy ALL the pictures on a disc. My daughter and i were left with no photographic memories because I couldnt afford the disc.

Visited November 2013
DolphinDiscovery, Social Media Affiliate at Dolphin Discovery, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Hello! Thank you for visiting Dolphin Discovery and taking time to comment, we appreciate it. We're glad to hear that you've enjoyed your encounter with dolphins. We are sorry that you can't purchase one picture, if you still want your picture, please send an email to photomemories@dolphindiscovery.com explaining the situation, an email addres to contact you, the schedule of your swim and the date of your swim. Thank you for give us your feedback, we appreciate it.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great service Great experience Great Prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Dolphin encounter with Dolphin Discovery at the port in Costa Maya Mexico was awesome. Do not miss out on this one. Wilberth was a great photographer and a friendly young man. He treated us like old friends and was a pleasure doing business with. The trainer Jesus was also very friendly and treated us and most importantly the dolphins excellent. He is very professional and a terrific trainer. And of course I can't say enough about Eddy the dolphin. Adorable and happy. This was an awesome time not to be missed.
Thanks everyone
Bridget and Charles

Visited January 2014
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
4 attraction reviews
“Something I always wanted to do”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

The day I booked my cruise and started looked at excursions, the one thing I knew I was gonna do somewhere/somehow was to swim with dolphins. We chose this one over some of the other stops because this one seemed to give you the most interaction with the dolphins-- I really wanted to ride one! It was a little cold, but we were willing to brave it to get to play with dolphins. I loved getting to touch and interact with the dolphins, but it did seem at one point that it was just repetitions of tricks for the dolphins with different people for the pictures, almost assembly line style. However, we did get to spend a lot of time with the dolphins, about 45 min in the water and the photos came out great. The belly ride was one of the most awesome things I did on our trip. Be prepared to buy the CD of photos. For two of us, a picture a piece was gonna run us $60.00 but the CD (which came with two printed photos for us) was $120, a much better deal even though expensive. There was no way I was leaving without evidence that I got to play in the water with dolphins. This was a once in a lifetime experience for me, I probably wouldn't do it again, but I'd recommend it to friends. All in all, I was very satisfied with our experience.

Visited January 2014
DolphinDiscovery, Social Media Affiliate at Dolphin Discovery, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Hello, first of all thank you for visiting Dolphin Discovery Mahahual, we're happy to hear that you have enjoyed your experience with dolphins, thank you for give us your feedback, we appreciate it, we'll let know to Operation Manager in Dolphin Discovery Mahahual about your comments in order to improve our service and offer to our guest the best experience. Thank you.
Newark, Delaware
3 attraction reviews
“Great experience, pricey photos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We did the Dolphin Encounter as a Disney Cruise Line Excursion. The price was reasonable, and my husband was allowed to observe for free, but he had to stand a considerable distance away so that he could not get any close up photos. The trainers are friendly and very knowledgeable about the dolphins, and this was a wonderful experience. The cages here are small, and the dolphins are babies, but this was an amazing, once in a lifetime opportunity. We learned several hand signals, and performed them with the dolphins. When our encounter was done, we were lead to the photo stations, where we found that ONE photo was $38.00. Sadly, we were not carrying that much cash, and did not get the photo.

Visited September 2013
Mexico City
“Swimming with dolphins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

It was fun to ride a dolphin and watch it perform its antics. Oddly enough, most of the people there were adults-it seems to bring out your inner child.

Visited August 2013