“Undertoe made my day at the beach perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Adventure Beach Activity Stand Up Paddle (SUP) - best water adventure in Costa Maya. Stand Up Paddle Lessons. Don't pay the CRAZY prices for tours sold on the ship. Book direct with the professionals! The first to have SUP in Costa Maya and THE ONLY Certified SUP Instructor offering LESSONS. UnderToe Mexico Stand Up Paddle doesn't just rent cheap molded plastic boards and say "good luck" - we have the highest quality equipment designed for stability to make your experience more pleasurable and personal. Create your own SUP adventure and don't be part of a "herd". Enhance your eco excursion with a professional English speaking SUP Instructor. LEARN how to SUP yoga! AMERICAN OWNED AND OPERATED! Loungers at YaYa Beach Club included - right on the water in downtown Mahahual with great food and drinks available. Look for our signs and flag. Carnival Cruise, Norwegian Cruise, Royal Caribbean Cruise book with the locals.
Troy, Michigan
“Undertoe made my day at the beach perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I wanted to paddleboard while on my cruise and the excursions on the ship were so expensive. Besides, my husband wasn't interested so I didn't want to split off from him for the day. I decided to take my chances on my own to find a place that would rent for a shorter duration. When we went to the beach I looked for the paddleboard shop. I found Carolyn coming out of the water and very friendly. She asked if I had experience and I said I had learned on Lake Michigan. She let me rent a board without lessons and helped me carry it to the water. She then said that she was going out for a ride, if I wanted to tag along. It was like going out with a girlfriend for a paddle. She also helped tweak some of my form and gave me the freedom to go off on my own. I wish I had been at the beach all day but she worked with time I had without over charging me. I highly recommend Carolyn at Undertoe SUP Adventures. You'll be happy you did.

Visited February 2014
costamayatraveler, Owner at UnderToe SUP Adventures, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
It was a pleasure working with you, "Red"! Come again.

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
“1st ocean SUP”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

I love my SUP board on the lake back home but I was super excited to try it out on the ocean! Whoa! How awesome. She let me go at my own pace and explore as I wanted. It was perfect for me. I look forward to trying SUP yoga with them!! Also equipment was great quality.

Visited February 2014
Sure beats the heck out of lake water in Arkansas, right? Can't wait for you to come back down!
Acworth, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
“First time paddleboarders, great time for all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

During our visit to Mahahual for the week of 01/11/14, I convinced my wife to try and paddleboard. She was a little nervous before we started, but learning with Carolyn at UnderToe Mexico she was quickly comfortable. I would recommend working with Carolyn for anyone wanting to learn how to paddleboard. My wife had a great time and did not fall off the board at all. The water was great, and I would know since I was the one who took a fall into it!

Visited January 2014
It was exciting to see you do so well on the boards! Thank you for trusting me!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fun Introduction to Paddle Boarding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

If you've never tried paddle boarding before, UnderToe is a great way to try out this unique sport! Carolyn is a superb and patient teacher, and her equipment is the best on the malecon. Also, her prices are nearly half those the of the cruise ship paddle boarding experience. I'm not the most athletic person (which means, if you read between the lines, I'm not athletic), but paddle boarding was surprisingly easy. I was able to find and maintain balance on the board, thanks to Carolyn's instruction. Moving through the Caribbean on the board provided a new and unique view of the ocean and the shore. If you're stopping through Mahahual, be sure to check out UnderToe!

Visited January 2014
costamayatraveler, Owner at UnderToe SUP Adventures, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Hola, Robert. I know I will see you again soon. You can spend as much time as you want on a board. You were an easy student....TURN YOUR PADDLE OVER!!

Carolyn
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Thank you Carolyn for such a wonderful experience. Mahahual is the perfect place to learn this sport and Carolyn is the perfect instructor. I can't wait to do this again.

Visited January 2014
It was a delight to meet you and Judy! When you get tired of all the culture in San Miguel, please come back to Mahahual for more sun, beach, and paddle time. You were a great student.

Carolyn