“Great place to dive” 5 of 5 stars

011-52-1-983-124-0235
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Dreamtime Dive Center is a PADI 5 Star facility in Majahual, Mexico on the Costa Maya. We are an ecologically conscious dive center and pride ourselves on being the safest, most forward-thinking center in the area. This is not only because of our amazing location right on the pristine white sandy beach, our custom built dive boats and well-maintained equipment, or our high safety record and professional service - but because we love to dive!
Alton, New Hampshire
“Great place to dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We went with a group of friends, who some are instructors and experienced divers in February, 2012. I was finishing my certification and what a place to do it in. The entire staff at Dreamtime were professional, helpful, knowledgeable and most of all, great people. They made us feel so welcomed, comfortable like they have known forever. We made new friends by the end of our two week vacation. The tours were excellent by the dive masters as to knowing the reefs and showing lots of fish and other marine animals and sites along the beaches. The shop provided snacks, water and food on all the dive trips. There is also areas to clean your dive equipment which leaves them smelling nice. They even took care of our equipment if needed as well. The weather was uncooperative on a few days, but even though we couldn't dive, the shop tried to make up on other days for our dives and Lauren even set up other excurtions for us in Mahahual, such as the seeing the lake of many colors and other things. We would go back again.

Visited February 2012
Dreamtime2010, Manager at Dreamtime Dive Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
We are glad to hear you had such a great trip to Mahahual! We loved getting the opportunity to share our city and diving with you & your friends! Our goal at Dreamtime is to give you the best experience not only underwater but on land as well. We pride ourselves on giving you a stress-free vacation experience. Thank you for your comments and we can't wait for you to come back and visit us again!

Lumberton,NC
“Great customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was a "Beginner Scuba Dive" excursion that was booked through Carnival Cruise Lines. The staff was very helpful and made this a memorable experience. I was very well impressed all aspects of the excursion.

Visited May 2011
Dreamtime2010, Manager at Dreamtime Dive Center, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments! We are glad you had a great beginners experience with Dreamtime. We hope you have decided to continue the process of becoming a certified diver! Our goal at Dreamtime is to ensure diver safety and high customer satisfaction. We hope you come back and dive with us again soon!
houston
“Worst diveshop I have paid money for”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Staff was too lazy to strip a weight belt so I could dive with the correct amout of weight.

They wouldn't let any one take anything else on board including a a small mesh bag. I did not enjoy changing into my diveskin and wetsuit standing up in the parking lot. Eventually I dragged over a chair from across the street. The whole time the dive staff just watched me. I was also forced to leave my dive bag and other gear in the parking lot.

You then had to carry all of your weight to the diveboat. This is the only dive boat that I have been on that didn't have any weight. Since they're eco-friendly they have no dock, you have to wade through the water to the boat. They wouldn't let any one take anything else on board including a a small mesh bag. I smuggled a small towel on board which promply disappeared. Maybe that's why they don't want you taking anything on board.

The didn't have any extra tanks on board and most of the tanks are pumped low. At one point, they couldn't find a tank for the dive guide to use for the second dive. What happens if there is an emergency. We'll I guess you're out of luck. They expect you to take your weight back to the shop the same time they have their hand out for a tip. Maybe they should use their hands to help carry the equipment back to the shop.

Back on the cruise ship another group said that they were told that the boat was sinking. If they made the dive, the boat would not be there when they came back up. They returned to the dock and the second boat would not start. By the time they got a third boat set up there was only time to do one dive.

I'd rather not dive in Costa Maya than dive with Dreamtime.

Visited May 2011
Dreamtime2010, Guest Relations Manager at Dreamtime Dive Center, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
It can be a problem with these kind of review websites, that anyone can say what they wish to damage their old employers, competition, etc.
You can sometimes tell a bogus review of this sort by how completely different it is to the other reviews and for us, how they took some of our specific services, that we pride ourselves on, and comment that they are 180 degrees different from what they truly are..

This is a perfect example of this. The facts are so off base we can not even reply to the writer with a valid argument. We can just explain to others how our service is pretty much the exact opposite of this person's claims.

1. Referring to where they put on their wetsuits.. We dont even have a parking lot. We do have benches inside and outside the shop, 24 plastic patio chairs, and wooden benches on the beaches under palapa umbrellas.

2. We have 6' x 6' dry area compartments in our boats for passengers' things (even those guests' with large rolling suit cases!)

3. We are a full service center where you carry nothing and you do not even have to wash your gear, One of our 10-15 staff members do it for you. If you are diving multiple days your gear will be ready and set up for you in the mornings on the boat daily.

4. Our boats are located 1-2ft from dry part of the beach (no long distance wading necessary)

These are just some examples of our services that have been in place way before this reviewer's alleged visit over a year ago. Please consider all other reviews for our dive center, but even better come and try it for your self!!! Happy Diving!
Toronto, ON
“Came as clients - left as friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I booked diving with Dreamtime Dive center directly through their website. We came first time in July 2011. We are all experienced divers, myself, my 26 years old son and 20 year old daughter.
My daughter booked an advanced open water course. Already at the booking process, I felt very welcome, all my questions were answered, and even directions how to drive from Cancun to Mahahual - including where to stop for food were provided! When we arrived in Mahahual, a tropical storm started, we were unable to dive in the sea, so at no extra cost we were taken to dive at the cenote azul - an experience on its own! That was an awesome dive - like diving in the magical garden ... That way my daughter got to do 3 of 5 required dives to complete her course.
We could complete those other 2 dives else where, but we chose to come back in Nov 2011, just the 2 of us me and my daughter. Again we drove from Cancun and spent 3 amazing days in Mahahual - this time the weather was perfect! We got to complete the course and see the reef in all its glory. The reef is very healthy, (except for lion fish infestation) and lots of creatures to see! I would Highly recommend taking an effort to drive to Mahahual, and diving with Dreamtime! This way it is possible to avoid the crowds from cruise ships and get to be friends with the amazing crew!
The crew is very professional and knowledgeable. The equipment is in a very good condition, and they even spoil you by carrying the equipment to and from the boat for you! We will definitely be back for more diving with them.

Visited November 2011
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you had such a fantastic experience with Dreamtime. We love when we get the opportunity to spend multiple days with customers and get to show them our great town and diving! At Dreamtime, we try to do all we can to make sure you are able to get in the water. We can't wait for your next dive trip!
Radford, VA
“Beginner's reef diving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I really enjoyed the beginner's diving experience. I was really looking forward to the photo package for a great picture to put on my vacation wall at home. When the photos arrived they were of another person that was in our dive group. When I contacted the photographer he assured me that he would look at the date and photo numbers to send me the correct pictures or he would send me a refund. To date I have received neither and it is well over a year since my visit.
I understand that mistakes can happen and that they can mix the people up but they need a better way of knowing who is who and they should follow up on their refund promise.

Visited February 2012
Dreamtime2010, Manager at Dreamtime Dive Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you're diving experience with Dreamtime was memorable. Our sincere apology for the concern you had with your photo package. Please understand, we use free-lance underwater photographers to provide this service and were unaware of your concern. Please email us at info@dreamtimediving.com to further resolve your concern and/or receive an appropriate refund. Our goal at Dreamtime is to ensure the highest safety and level of customer satisfaction. We hope you will dive with us again soon!