“Fantastic trip to Grand Palladium Royal Suite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium

You added The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium to your Saves list
The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal-Puerto Juarez Km, 256-100, Akumal 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Akumal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Québec
“Fantastic trip to Grand Palladium Royal Suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

We came back last week (27 jan.2009 to 4 feb. 2009) from the Grand Palladium Riviera Royal Suite. This is our first trip under the sun so maybe my review can’t represent a comparison with others resorts. First of all, I want to tell that Royal treatment worth the extra money.

Room -

Initially, I reserved a Royal Suite. When we arrived, I received my room. It’s first floor building 71. Room # 7107. Room is beautiful but have a smell of garbage and humidity. I don’t know why but I ask to front desk to change for another room. The resort was full but the lady find a Junior Royal Suite in building 69. Room # 6936. Very, Very beautiful room. Panoramic view of ocean and royal pool because it’s on the corner of the building and near the royal pool. We got the room the day after but I very very satisfied that the lady to the front desk change my room. I know that Royal Suite have king size bed, and we are lucky to receive a Junior Royal Suite with King Bed. But we prefer the Junior Suite instead of Suite. More light of the sun and more interesting to talk with my wife during I’m on the bed and she’s in the open bath. If we go back to Royal one day, I will reserve for Junior Suite. During the week, we haven’t time to use the jaccuzi.

It was very peaceful place and no noise in the morning and during the night. The room is very beautiful and clean.

Royal Lobby –

We really appreciate the royal lobby. Free Internet (however, windows is in Spanish hihihi ) a bartender that is very sympa and not a lot of people and smoke.

Food-

Wow !! El Jardin. What a good place to go. We tried some A la carte during the week but we prefer the El Jardin for breakfast and for dinner. My wife cooks delicious food at home (often, the meal my wife cooks are better than restaurant). So, for us the A la carte (except El Jardin) are good, not exceptional. The salmon and steak at El Jardin are so delicious. We like the El dorado and Rib’s and More. The rest of the week, we eat all the time to El Jardin except for lunch. We always eat at Kabah Buffet. The interior buffet of Riviera. We like a lot this buffet. Like it more that A la carte restaurants. Lots of choice and the food is hot. Red wine are very good and beer too. Employees at each restaurant and buffet are very friendly and always ask us if everything is ok. You can reserve the A la Carte restaurant at the Royal Lobby and each time, we waiting only 5 minutes at the restaurant before assigning a place.

Beach/Pool –

We stayed during the week all the time at the left section of the resort (Left of the Kanthena). Where the seadoo are (in the front of the Royal Beach Section). The section of the beach are beautiful. Without water shoes, you can go into the water. We tried Royal Bali Bed but we prefer to be on the beach. If you do snorkling, go in front of the Riviera (in front of Punta Emilia beach bar). I have seen lot of beautiful fish.

Each day in the afternoon, we leave the beach and go to the Royal Pool. All pools are cold but not so terrible. In Quebec, it’s normal to go in the pool when it is cold. But after 1 minute, everything is ok. We REALLY appreciate the NO NOISE ambiance of the Royal Pool. We really like Virginio when I put new age music. Maybe not only Virginio put this music. Wow, lot of pleasure in this pool and it is near our room. Pool are clean. Each day at 6:00hrs a.m., employees clean the pools.

Conclusion –

This resort is very beautiful. I really appreciate the fact that the resort kept the Mangrove, want’s to preserve the quality of the environment, have lot of animals. Even if the resort is not new (anyway, new resort mean new employees and often, not a good service), it was THE RESORT for us. I one day we go back to Mexico, without hesitation we will choose the Grand Palladium Riviera Royal Suite.

I finish this review with important things for all of you :

1. Take care of the property of resort (put your garbage in the trash, not in the trees)
2. Don’t assume that you pay for this trip and an employee will clean your mess for you. Don’t drop your cigarette on the beach.
3. Be gentle with everyone. Theses peoples work hard so stay recognizing
4. We must respect the culture of Mexican and the fact that they don’t speak english very well (seem like me). Stop writing in review that people don’t speak English, it’s normal, it’s their country. They are the host and we are the invited. So, it’s normal to respect everyone. I don’t want that Riviera Maya become an American Place. I want to have the feeling that I’m in another place in the world. NOT in U.S.A. It’s not because we paid lots of dollar that we are the KING.

We missed Grand Palladium now and each day we go to www.palladiumaddict.net to see the Beach and Royal Pool Web Cam in order to remember the fantastic week we have. Now, we are back to Canada with - 25 degree Celsius and lot of snow, it’s a big trauma !

• Liked — Beach, Pool, Food and Very Quiet, Royal Service worth it !!!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Union, KY USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

The Royal Suites was a fantastic selection for our honeymoon. If you are planning on staying at the Grand Palladium then you should most definitely stay in the Royal Suites section. The upgrades are worth the price. You get unlimited ala-carte dining, unlimited room service, exclusive transportation (which is very handy in such a large resort), and the unlimited spa access makes the extra $$$ seem like nothing. Then there is the exclusive beach and cabanas with waiter service. Oh yea the exclusive adult only pool has a wonderful bar and the Royal lobby is a perfect place for cocktail before you catch the water taxi to dinner. I think you get the picture…….

In the Royal area you will be assigned a "butler" for your building. Take advantage of this service! We got a lot of "perks" from just asking him to arrange for some basic things we wanted.

I know there are always those who want a brand new resort experience and are disappointed at the slightest signs of wear or food that is not 5 star quality. From my travel experience this is one of the best Riviera Maya resorts and by far the best in the Akumal area.

• Liked — Lots of ala-carte selections, fabulous service
  • Disliked — distance from beach
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gatineau, Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

Royal Yucatan January 2009

We have just returned from a one week return visit to GP. This time in a royal junior suite – last year was at the Colonial. The weather averaged around 25 – 26 degrees daytime, and was definitely cool at night – probably about 14 degrees. It started to warm up in the evenings towards the end of our stay to the point where you did not need a sweater at night. It only rained once – on our last day – and unfortunately lasted most of the day.

Overall our stay was great and we had a wonderful time! There were a few minor issues – certainly nothing that would ruin your vacation – but a few things the resort could improve upon. I will try to cover the highs and the lows.

Sunwing/AGI
We flew with Sunwing and were happy with their service. We opted not to use their transportation but instead booked with AGI. Upon arrival in Cancun we made a point of tracking down the Sunwing rep and letting them know we had our own transportation both to and from the resort – they seemed a little perplexed by this as if no one ever turns down their transportation! AGI was great – on time, nice air conditioned van and no waiting around! We arranged to be picked up at 7 am for our return trip. At 6 am the morning of our return our phone rang advising us that our transportation was waiting and was leaving in 5 minutes! Of course this was the Sunwing transportation – which we were not taking! AGI arrived promptly at 7 and we were at the airport by 8:30. I am sure the trip could be done in under an hour if they would get rid of all those speed bumps, LOL.

Check-in/first night
Arrived at the Royal Lobby and proceeded to the front desk at approx 11 pm. We felt that the welcome was a little low-key considering this was the royal section. No welcome cocktails, no bell boy at the entrance to help us with our luggage. Not that we were expecting them to roll out the red carpet or have trumpets blaring – we just thought the welcome would be at least equal to our welcome at the Colonial last year. The receptionist was very professional and checked is in quickly, and flagged down a bell boy to take our luggage to our room. After freshening up we called for a cart so that we could go in search of some food! We knew the restaurants would be closed so we planned on going to Punta Emilia for a snack. Our driver took us to Punta Emila and pointed to the menu on the wall and explained to us to go to the bar to place our order. We did just that and the bartender told us “the kitchen is closed” and we would need to walk down the beach to the Colonial beach bar to get food. We were a bit confused as we thought this was 24 hours snack bar; however we were hungry so off we went to the Colonial Beach bar and had no problem getting a snack. It was rather chilly on the beach so we decided to head to Hemmingway’s for a special coffee. Got there 10 minutes before closing and were the only people there. The bartender graciously made us some special coffees - a nice way to end our day!

Our Room
I had sent a request in advance (go to Palladium Addict web site for who to send your room request to) asking for a king bed, 3rd floor, and private balcony. We got one of the 3 – the king bed. We were advised that the royal section was 100% full but we could request to be moved the next day and they would see if anything was available. We decided it wasn’t that big a deal and wanted to unpack and get settled so we did not pursue this. After all, someone has to stay on the first floor! First thing we did was to get a cold drink from the fridge – however everything was warm! We figured the fridge wasn’t turned on, so we took everything out looking for a switch but couldn’t find one. We then pulled the fridge out of the cabinet and discovered it was not plugged in!! Also same issue with the TV – not plugged in. Not sure why they would be unplugged but this should be checked before new guests arrive. Our room was beautiful – open concept bathroom, king bed (sheets fit fine – no problems there), comfortable pillows, flat screen TV, sitting area, fridge, mini bar, large balcony with huge Jacuzzi tub, and 2 very comfortable loungers. I know a few people have asked about the hair dryers – it was 1875 watts and worked well. I used the tub a few times and it was great! One suggestion I have is that perhaps the less private balconies could have some curtains similar to what they use for the Bali beds to give it a bit more privacy. We were happy with our maid service – room was kept clean and well supplied. We left the maid a tip every day. The nightly turn down service was also a nice perk – I looked forward to the little chocolates that were left for us each night!

Butler Service
The butler desk was right beside our room. Our butler introduced himself on our first morning, explained the pillow menu and that he would handle all our a la carte reservations if we wanted – if he wasn’t at the desk we could leave a note and he would take care of it. True to his word, we left daily notes and our reservations were taken care of! The pillow menu (choosing a specific pillow) was also wonderful!! I liked the pillow so much I will probably buy one.

Breakfasts
We ate breakfast at the Kabah buffet every morning except one, where we decided to try out El Jardin. Honestly we preferred the Kabah. The selection was better, and we actually found that the service was better – they were always quick to refill tea/coffee. I loved the champagne at breakfast! There is such a vast selection – something for everyone. We really enjoyed our breakfasts and the only complaint we had was that at times the food was not hot enough – same with the tea and coffee.

Lunch
We ate about half of our lunches at one of the beach bars, and the remainder at the La Laguna by the White Sands pool. Highlights include stuffed peppers, chicken quesadillas (both at beach bars), fresh salads, calamari, pizza and ice cream at La Laguna. Service was great, the wait staff very friendly.

Dinners
We ate at 4 of the a la cartes: Portofino, La Adelita, El Dorado and Rodizio. Being able to make reservations is definitely a great perk of the royal section! We made our reservations for 7:30 and others who arrived without reservations at this time faced at least a 2 hour wait. Last year when we stayed at the Colonial they still had the limit of 3 a la cartes with reservations. Personally I would not want to wait 2 hours for a table, nor would I want to show up at 5:30 or 6 and eat so early to be guaranteed a table. I thought the reservation system last year worked well, and had no problem with eating in the buffets 4 out of 7 nights – the buffet food is great! Perhaps GP should consider a compromise of guaranteed reservations (perhaps 2 a week), and unlimited a la cartes for the remainder of your dinners where you can wait to get into an a la carte or opt for the buffet. We really enjoyed Rodizio – food, service and atmosphere were great – same for La Adelita. The food at El Dorado was great, however the service was slow. Definitely not the waiters fault – he was run off his feet trying to keep up! Seemed like they were short staffed. We had the same issue with service at Portofino. True enough we are on vacation and in no hurry, but when there are people lining up to get into the restaurant, it’s a shame that slow service makes the wait even longer. I wonder if the new unlimited a la cartes has caused them to be so popular it is hard for the staff to keep up. They could consider putting carafes of wine on the tables – we found that was the most frustrating part was getting our wine glasses filled. By contrast in the buffets they never let our glasses run dry. We also really enjoyed our 2 buffet dinners – the quality and selection is amazing! The other comment we have is that the live music in the a la cartes seems to start quite late – ie 9 pm. It would be nice to have more live music, or some piped in music.

Spa
Loved the Spa!! Had a massage by Alex and it was great! Also enjoyed the steam room, sauna, hot Jacuzzi, and the infinity pool. I found that this pool wasn’t quite as cold as the main pools and had a nice swim. This is a great place to hang out when you want total quiet and a break from the bars (ok just a short break!). There was a gang of young men horsing around rather noisily and they were dealt with very quickly.

Pools
My favourite is the salt water pool. The view is amazing! Although cold, I did manage to take a dip. We also spent time by the Riviera main pool although never did go in for a swim – water was quite cold. We had intended to brave the cold water on our last day so we could try out the swim up bar but unfortunately it rained most of the day. Just gives us an excuse to go back again! We also enjoyed the Bali beds by the Royal pool, although we did not swim. We did not go the adults only pool – we had intended to but ran out of time. You are never far from washrooms, or a bar no matter what pool you are at.

Beach
The Bali beds in the Royal section are heaven! We also enjoyed the main area of the beach at the Kantenah end. The beach is beautiful and kept very clean. We did not try any water sports. Had intended to snorkel on our last day…but with the rain decided against it. We saw a couple of weddings on the beach – what a beautiful setting!!

Entertainment/bars
We did not spend much time at the shows. We would go for a walk each night after dinner and often would stumble across live music that was very good. The highlight was a band called Puerto (I think) – played rock music (Nickelback, AC/DC, Pearl jam, Rolling Stones, White Stripes, Dire Straights, Counting Crows etc). It was an excellent concert! They seemed to attract a number of female groupies who delighted in flashing their panties at the band!

We also had a few enjoyable evenings at the El Desvan bar…it is a non-smoking bar that serves premium alcohol and has card tables and board games. Had cognac, baileys, special coffees etc. Not surprisingly, our skill at Jenga decreased as the evening went on…

Also enjoyed the various vendors at night. They were never overly pushy. We bought a painting by the spray paint guy – he is just amazing to watch!

We were pretty lazy during the day; the only activity we did was mini-golf. It was fun even if the course is a little wonky!

Grounds/General
The grounds are absolutely beautiful and extremely well maintained. The whole resort is kept very clean – even the common washrooms which I am sure are a challenge.

Royal Service
Having now experienced both, I can honestly say the royal service is worth it – as long as it is not a huge difference in price. The perks we enjoyed the most:
1) Being able to make reservations for dinner
2) The royal lobby bar (premium drinks) and the free internet – we visited every evening for a before dinner drink and to surf the net for half an hour or so. I am a bit of an internet junky and really enjoyed the fact that this was free. There are only 2 computers but we never waited more than 10 minutes to get on and the royal section was full.
3) The Bali beds – both at the pool and the beach
4) The use of the carts – service was generally quick; I don’t think we ever waited more than 10 minutes. We did do a fair bit of walking, but it was nice to have the option, especially when trying to make a dinner reservation, and when it was raining!
5) Pillow menu

We did not try El Jardin for dinner so cannot comment on that. We also did not use the room service. The butler service was a nice touch as well, as was the turn down service but not make or break perks.

All in all we had a wonderful time and would definitely return! We are also thinking of checking out the GPs in Punta Cana and Jamaica.

PS: For anyone not familiary with the Grand Palladium resorts, the website http://palladiumaddict.net is an amazing source of information!!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

What a beautiful, beautiful resort! The whole complex is huge, but that is part of the joy...so much to see and explore, from the many landscaped pools, to the rugged, romantic saltwater path and pool, silky beach near the Kantenah/ Colonial side, paver paths, thatched boardwalks that meander through the mangroves, stunning spa (all free except for massage-type services), gardens, 5 unique lobbies, great snorkeling on a calmer day and even a pontoon boat to ride though the Riviera/ White Sands canals (lined with blooming bougainvillea) by day or lit up by night. My every morning started with a stroll down the saltwater pool path--very unique and stunning, and lovely birds to spot along the path.

The Royal suites is your ticket to making this even more accessible. While we loved walking and exploring, or taking the pontoon to our restaurant one evening, it was VERY nice to just call up the golf cart service to shuttle you off to anyplace you want to go. We were there during full capacity, and the reservation service was also nice...while other people waited in line, we could bring our reservation card, grab a tropical beverage and sit right down!! Fantastic! Drinks at the Royal lobby and pool were always top notch, consistently. Drink quality was hit-or-miss at some places, esp. at La Laguna in the evening, when we went to listen to the live music and dance poolside (gorgeous setting). The concierge at the Royal lobby was also incredibly helpful, much more than I have ever experienced anywhere. The staff were very, very friendly and nice everywhere, and esp. in our royal section. Our maid (a male) was in our room one day, when we came in, interrupting him while making our towel art. I chatted with him a bit, and after that, he always shouted out to me whenever he saw me. Another benefit--huge hottub on balcony, and stunning view from our third floo balcony. Didn;t spend too much time there, though--too much to see and explore!! There is an open-bath concept in the jr. suites, which was fantastic, in our opinion...separate doors/chambers for the toilet and shower, with the double sink, vanity and seated make-up area outside, open to the room. And the room is spatious! Pillows were great, towels large. Bring your own hair conditioner to work through the salt and chlorine in your hair.

Food was great! We loved El Dorado and El Rodizio (Steak and Brazilian meals) with very good salad bars. No one was sick, with drinking their filtered water (standard) or any salads, fruits or vegetables. The Sumptuouri Japanese was also good. We had wonderful lobster capellini and ribeye at the El Jardin, royal restaurant, but our service was the poorest of any we experienced at the resort, and salad and breakfast fruit bars not kept well-stocked.

A big thumbs-up to the Royal Suites!!! Remember you are on vacation, be friendly and polite to staff and other guests, and all will be good!!! Beautiful place, and can't wait to go back!!

• Liked — lush, tropical feeling, variety of scenery, snorkeling, food
  • Disliked — orange juice poor quality--that's about it!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Central Iowa, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

After much research on this site and others (palladiumaddict.net) we decided to spend our 15th anniversary at the Grand Palladium in the Royal Suites section and we are so glad we did!! The resort itself is quite large, but oh so beautiful!! It is everything we could want in an All-Inclusive and more. The property is actually 5 resorts in one--Kantenah, Colonial, White Sands, Riviera, and Royal Yucatan. Guests have access to all areas of the resort, with the exception of the Royal, unless you are a guest in that section. Royal guests have access to all areas.
The food was the best we have ever had at an AI--never had a bad meal our entire stay. Even the buffet was great, and we don't normally care for any buffet. We also ate at El Dorado (steak), El Jardin (a variety of choices, but for the exclusive use of royal guests), La Adelita (mexican), Bamboo (chinese), Portofinos (italian), and Ribs and More (self-explanatory!). All of these were wonderful, and we didn't even get to eat at the Brazilian, Japanese or the mediterranean places. Because we did stay in the royal area, we were able to make reservations for the ala cartes, but even if you don't stay at the Royal, you just put your name in, get a pager, and go to the lobby bar and wait for your pager to buzz. Very handy!
Our room was really more than we expected. We stayed in a Royal Mayan Cabana--and it was just that--our own little private cabana on the canal. And one of the neatest things about the room is the outdoor mayan shower. It is so great to step OUTSIDE in your own private niche and shower with water falling from a lions mouth--very unique experience! We also had a great deck on the water with a hammock, 2 lounge chairs, a table and our own private canoe tied up to the deck. We even paddled the canoe to breakfast our first morning! The bed was really nice, and our housekeeper made towel art for us each day. Our second day, we came back to the room in the afternoon to find champagne and a note congratulating us on our anniversary, and the next night we received a fruit basket. We also had access to room service (never used it, but it was included with our room), and we could call a golf cart at any time to take us anywhere we wanted--both exclusive privileges for royal guests. Although the Royal area is kind of removed from the rest of the resort (which meant a lot of walking if you didn't call a cart), it is very quiet and very relaxing. If given the chance, I would recommend booking or upgrading to the Royal Suites--the extra perks are worth the money. That being said, any section at this resort is a great choice--you simply cannot go wrong staying at this property.
The staff is really amazing--very helpful and hardworking. They really go out of their way to make your stay great. We constantly saw groundskeepers out and about pruning, mowing, etc. We also felt very safe, as there was always security around. The bartenders were fun, and we always had good service at the restaurants.
The beach is one of the best things about the property--stretches out forever and the sand is fine and white. The water is warm, and oh so blue! And because there is a reef out a ways from the beach where the surf breaks, the water is relatively calm. Although we never had the chance to snorkel, we heard that it is a neat place for it. There are also MANY pools on the property that range from quiet, adult only, to the fun and happening pools. Lots to choose from.
This property is quite large, though, so keep that in mind when booking. If mobility is an issue for you, either book the Royal section and use the cart service, or book in the more centrally located sections (white sands and colonial). There are trains and carts that run between all the lobbies with stops along the way, that are available for use by all guests, but there will still be some walking involved to get to the beach, pools, etc.
We really enjoyed our stay here, and although the weather didn't cooperate (cloudy and rainy for alot of the stay) and somewhat put a damper on our vacation, we would like to return. We would like to take our kids with us next time--they would love the place!

• Liked — Beautiful property, great beach, fabulous food
  • Disliked — Not a big deal for us, but a lot of walking
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Edinburgh, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

The Royal Suites are a part of the Grand Palladium resort.

The resort containst 4 other hotels (Kantaneh, Riviera, White Sands and Colonial) which are exactly the same as each other(they are basically the same hotel, just with different reception areas) and the Royal had some extras. Some of this review applies equally to the other hotels as well.

The main extras offerred by the Royal Suites over the other hotels are
- a jacuzzi on the patio, which was really nice
- a special bar with a better spirit selection
- a special restaurant, with a menu that changed every evening
- a private pool, which was pretty small, but had more comfortable sun loungers
- a private area of the "beach", which was actually set back from the beach but was very nice nonetheless. The main drawback of this beach was that it was at exactly the opposite end of the resort from the Royal Suite rooms and that it was far from any snack bars for lunch.

The "standard" parts of the hotel were 8 a la carte restaurants (although some were copies of others), two very large pools and a few snack bars and buffet restaurants.

Overall, we had a really good stay. Cleanliness was excellent throughout the resort and the room was large and comfortable.

There were a few downsides though
- it was a little cool when we were there and none of the pools were heated (not even the Royal pool, which was dissapointing) so we didn't swim at all when it was cooler
- front desks the a la carte restaurants were chaotic
- avoid the seafood restaurant on the beach. The food was incredibly salty and made me ill - not worth the risk!

And finally, a few tips
- the house wine is AWFUL (I didn't think they made wine that bad anymore), but the house champagne (I think avaiable in the Royal restaurant only) is very drinkable. So just drink champagne!
- the Royal restaurant is nicer that the other a la cartes. I'd stick to the Royal unless you want to eat the specific cuisine offerred by the other restaurants

• Liked — Most things!
  • Disliked — The cold pools
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Royal Suites 11 Oct to 25 Oct 2008. It was our 25th Wedding Anniversary and we wanted something special. The Royal Suites more than met our expectations. Watching the sun set from the hot tub on our deck was just the absolute best at the end of each day. We had an awesome suite on the second floor of bldg 71 and it looked just like the brochures.

The staff, the service, the quality of food, the resort itself was just wonderful. We ate at all the buffets and all eight a la cartes. While the buffet was fine for breakfast and lunch, dinner was less so and so we ate at the a la cartes for most days. The food at the a la cartes was really exceptional and our favourites were the Japanese and the steak house, but they were all really good.

The resort is huge though and if you have any health or mobility issues this is not the place for you. We estimate that we walked at least an hour and a half each day. There were trains and shuttles available and we did take them when it rained, but you had to wait and we preferred to just walk wherever we were going. It helped to work off all the food we ate.

The beach is beautiful and we went there most days and hung out at the royal section where it was nice and quiet. We snorkled right off the beach and saw lots of different fish and coral. We only did one trip which was to Tulum on a guided tour and it was well worth the money and we learned about the history of the Mayan people and the area.

I would go back in a heartbeat and miss it already.

• Liked — The hot tub on the deck
  • Disliked — The resort is very spread out
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium? Share your experiences!