Second trip to our "Home Away From Home", first time was back in 2009. We were so happy to leave the very long Belgian winter, at our departure in Brussels we had only 4°C and it has been raining like forever ;).
Arrival at Cancun Airport was nice and sweet and right on time, the flight (Jetairfly) took 12 hours with one stop in Varadero (Cuba). 35°C with sunny skies was a very welcome change to what we had at home.
Checkin at the resort was very smooth, looked like they were expecting us. Nothing had changed since our first visit, wich is a good thing because the setting is so beautiful. Everything is so well maintained, no signs of aging at all.
Royal transportation is still available to all Royal-guests so we were driven to our room in Villa 69 (same as back in 2009), the bellboy was very helpfull. On our way we saw the Royal-Lobby being under construction, will be ready within 2 months.
Our room (6903) was groundfloor, the new decoration is awesome. We liked the colors very much, further it offered double beds, separate marble shower, separate toilet, two washing tables, flat-TV, bureau-desk, salon with coach and table (again beautiful decoration), very big closet with lots of hangers, safe, minibar (all drinks included), 4 bottles of liquor (Bacardi Anejo, Tequila, Absolut Vodka and Whiskey) also included, coffee machine, and much more. The balcony has a big jaccuzi and two sunbeds.
We love the fact of the Royal Suites being adults only since we were having a romantic getaway. The Royal section offers a swimming-pool with bar "La Terraza", 24 hours room-service with a large selection of foods, Royal front desk, private Royal-Beach section with fruit, sandwiches and salades-service. The Royal restaurant "El Jardin" now with lobster included (delicious, never had so much lobster in my entire life). The service and kindness of the staff is beyond imagination, special credits at the end of my report.
The rest of the resort (wich is still huge) is also very well maintained, not at once we had the feeling that there were signs of aging. Of all lobbies we prefered the Kantenah and Colonial, great sports-bar.
At the beginning of our first evening it started raining and unfortunatly we had more rain than sun with four days non-stop raining, thunderstorms. Guess we were a bit in the slipstream of hurricane Barbara that hitted Mexico during our stay. Positive thing is that we had much more time to explore everything covered with a roof in the resort. We had several "Lobby-Tours" comparing the Mojito's for example ;). Best served at Kantenah lobby. The church at the Colonial is so beautiful, we saw weddings, very nice.
The food was overall good to very good, both buffet-restaurants offering a very wide selection of foods for everyone's taste and it was certainly at our taste. At night we made reservations for two a la carte's (Mare Nostrum and Bamboo) but in both the food was not that great. So we decided to have all our dinners in El Jardin were all foods are "Excellente". Drinks are still very good, premium brands offered all over with the Royal Bar having some exclusives.
The beach is very beautiful, one has to wear watershoes to avoid hurting yourself on the reef. we stayed at the Royal Beach or just in front of it when the weather was fine. When it was raining we stayed in the covered huts at the Royal Beach-section. Service was great.
We stll enjoyed the covered walkpaths trough the mangroves, lovely walks and great to spot several wild animals like squirls, agoutis, racoons, etc... . The "Las Roccas" salt-water pool is truly unique, "White Party" on mondays there.
Despite the bad weather conditions we had a great time again resulting in another memorable Palladium-experience. This was our fourth stay at one of the Palladium resorts, we've spent 56 nights in total at our Home Away From Home's.
Special thanks for amazing "Excellente" service; "Filiberto" and "Maria" at the Royal Bar, "Fernanda" at the La Jarra Bar and Royal Beach section and of cours all staff doing a great job so we can enjoy as much as possible. Miss you guys so much.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel
- Royal Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Yucatan consists of 130 luxurious rooms located in an exclusive area within the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa in the Mayan Riviera. Guest may enjoy first class facilities that include a private lobby with a bar, exclusive swimming pool with Jacuzzi, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, private bar with premium beverages, room service, free Internet connection, bar service to the pool sun beds and an exclusive restaurant. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.