Just came back from a week at the Royal Suites Yucatan – 3rd time at the resort and 4th time in the complex.
Room: The Royal Suite room – ours was a beautifully redecorated, spacious accommodation with a full separate bedroom. Rooms were cleaned well every day and mini-bar replenished as requested. WiFi worked well with somewhat sporadic access from the balconies. Butler was amazing and very efficient and left us rose petals, chocolate covered strawberries, and champagne.
Beach: Spent every day in the Royal section. Bar is close by with quick service. Beach bar service in this section was not very frequent, although the servers are quite efficient. Service has been more frequent in previous years, but with the bar so close by, it wasn’t an issue for us at all.
Drinks: Very good to excellent. Bloody Caesars are now readily available. If you like spices, ask for Caesars to be made with pepper vodka. Never had an issue with getting beer in bottles or with the service. Royal bars seemed to run out of Don Julio Tequila from time-to-time. You will see that some of the “top-shelf” alcohol is shared between the pool bar and the lobby bar. The bartenders actually have to go back and forth between the two bars to get a particular bottle of alcohol to serve customers, such as for Don Julio Tequila. Bartenders really go out of the way to serve you and are very competent.
Food – El Jardin restaurant: Overall, liked it very much, especially the ability to order lobster at every dinner. The cheese fondue was not as good as I remember it last year, but it still “hit the spot”. El Jardin’s service was very good, but they don’t have enough staff. I felt really felt bad for the waiters a couple of times, as they work non-stop, but still have a hard time keeping up with dinner service. We ordered the specialty pasta one night and the waiter had to do the table-side flambé service in addition to tending to all of his customers. Maybe the kitchen staff could take care of the flambés instead of the waiters. However, my husband and I ate dinner at El Jardin three or four times and enjoyed every meal. El Jardin is one of the things I really like about the Royal Suites, in my opinion, it just needs a minor adjustment to the staffing level.
Pool: Very pretty and clean. Bar service excellent. Really good ice cream now availableat the pool bar (and beach bar). People claims loungers early, but we could usually find something later in the day. Removed towels once or twice from loungers that were vacant for too long, as people claim loungers then walk away for a few hours. My new personal stance is that I have a right to sit in a lounger when I want to as much as anyone else.
Overall: I really like the Royal Suites Yucatan and I am planning to go back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Yucatan consists of 130 luxurious rooms located in an exclusive area within the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa in the Mayan Riviera. Guest may enjoy first class facilities that include a private lobby with a bar, exclusive swimming pool with Jacuzzi, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, private bar with premium beverages, room service, free Internet connection, bar service to the pool sun beds and an exclusive restaurant. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Royal Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico