First off--don't buy a drink at the airport while waiting for your transport to the hotel. We did and it was a ripoff $10.00 (USD) for one drink. Other than that ....once you arrive at the Royal you are in for a treat!
Private pool, Private restaurant, private bellman. Supreme service!
First off let me tell you about our two favorite people. Alberto our Bellman who we became attached to was phenomenal, he really went out of his way. We gave him the nickname of "Big Sexy" We even started getting other people to call him that! He was BEYOND wonderful!
The Royal pool has William who makes some great drinks and even has a pub mix for those times when you need a little snack. He is so great...we could just yell from the pool or hold up a glass and he would be right out with drinks for us.
Room service was good. Came back to clean room and a towel creature....loved that :)
I recommend having the Lobster at the Italian restaurant. The menu will tell you it is a $35.00 charge but if you are staying the Royal it is free. (Keep that in mind & you can also have top shelf liquor if you are a Royal guest) We ate at almost every restaurant. The food was good and they have alot to choose from. I would like to share that the eggs benedict at El Jardin was AWESOME!
The Grand Palladium is a HUGE resort and has five parts. The Royal is the adults only. Although we did stay at the Royal we spent time at the other four spots as well. Although it is a large resort nothing is far away.
We did a couple excurtions. First off let me tell you one day 1 or 2 of your trip do the SEGWAYS!!! So much fun and they show you parts of the resort you would never find on your own. It is only $35 (USD) and so so so very worth it! We also went to Tullum ruins---beyond amazing. We just took a cab which was $25 to get there for three of us and then $6.00 go get in. The beach is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen and my pictures do not to it justice. We also did the Catamaya catamaran trip 1/2 day FUN FUN FUN! The food was amazing...the staff was amazing and the drinks were amazing.....the whole thing was AMAZING. Do you get where I am going with this?!? The snorkling was so great---we even had a huge sea turtle come right up to the boat what a sight to see. OH and they caught a barracuda while we were out at sea! Couldn't have asked for a better day! Last but not least we took a shopping trip into Playa on 5th ave. We did some shopping but the vendors are VERY pushy. We walked our way down to Senior Frogs and that was a good time!
It was an AMAZING vacation. I don't think it matters if it is family, friends or couples you won't regret visiting this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Yucatan consists of 130 luxurious rooms located in an exclusive area within the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa in the Mayan Riviera. Guest may enjoy first class facilities that include a private lobby with a bar, exclusive swimming pool with Jacuzzi, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, private bar with premium beverages, room service, free Internet connection, bar service to the pool sun beds and an exclusive restaurant. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Royal Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico