My husband and I visited the Royal Suites with another couple that are great friends of ours. They had been once before last year. But this was our first time. This was also our first all inclusive resort. LOVE LOVE LOVE it here!! HUGE shout out to Jose Luis at the lobby bar in the morning. He makes a great cup of cappacuinno and NEVER is down. He always has a smile on his face and is happy to serve you. He is the definition of excellent customer service. He was always cracking jokes or teaching you little spanish phrases. The evening bartender was ok, but he didn't seem to like making our coffees but once I mentioned it to Luis in the morning a lady was right on it and the next time we were in the guy was much nicer. The lobby is so nice, this is where you will spend alot of time, or at least we did. You get top shelf drinks and can use the computers or just hang out before your cart to go to dinner.
My #1 recommendation for your trip, take off bug spray!!! The humidity just really attracts the mosquitos and they love you... so take that and some calamine lotion. The gift shop in the resort is very pricey so try to get that stuff before you go. El Jardin is great! It is the adults only restaurant and the food is pretty good. We only at dinner there twice and that was it but they have great food. I got the lobster and pasta dinner and they make it at your table. Very impressive!! We also ate at the El Dorado (good), Portofino (Italian, really good) and the Brazilian Steakhouse which was very good too. The buffets are great for breakfast and lunch. There are lots of choices in there and you can find something you like. Definitely hit up the omelet stations they are soooooo good!!!
The Royal people get special golf cart service and they are all GREAT!!!! They always chat with you and are happy to have you. They always joke around and make you laugh, you can't help but have a good time. Sometimes it can take awhile for the cards to get to where you are if you are at another part of the resort, but they were at 97% occupancy so it was understandable. The shows at 9 and 10 are... ok. But not super great. It is normally the beginning of the shows that are fun, where they take people up on stage. (I was one and the husband of my friend was one also). Oh, and William at the pool bar is great too!!! At one point when the rest of the group was in the facilities he saw me and asked if I was lost. I told him no but thanks for checking. EVERYONE is super super nice!!! They really do treat you like family (speaking of family, DONT fall for the vacation 1 hour deal for the pesos or massages. It ends up being like 3 hours long and they start out super nice at first but get super pushy at the end we just had to be blunt and say NO!!!!) But other than that everything else was GREAT!!!! We had the anniversary decorations in our room one night with champagne and the spa was drawn. It was great. Also the room service food is really good! Highly recommend the quesadilla's and the nachos with beef.
All in all EVERYTHING is so nice!!! It is very relaxing! Everyone there just wants to treat you like family and they are happy to help. You can't help but feel at home and at the end you won't want to leave I promise!
My major tips, take bug spray and calamine lotion, take sunscreen it is ($$) in the store, take some pepto/immodium (the food sometimes can upset your tummy),try to request a second or third floor room it gives you a better view and there are less ants up there. You can walk to the royal beach but it is a short hike... if you aren't in a hurry it is no big deal but if you want to get there just take the carts. You can ask for them at any of the lobbies. The Royal beach is at the other end but it is nice to see the resort and it isn't a pain like some people say. The water is AMAZING crystal clear and you can go way out! :) My husband and I already want to get back or to even one of the other resorts at the other locations. I hope you enjoy your stay and don't let any of the "picky/snobby" reviews scare you. You can't help but have an amazing time. And honestly I could go ON and ON even more than I already have. :) You will love it!
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel
- Royal Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Yucatan consists of 130 luxurious rooms located in an exclusive area within the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa in the Mayan Riviera. Guest may enjoy first class facilities that include a private lobby with a bar, exclusive swimming pool with Jacuzzi, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, private bar with premium beverages, room service, free Internet connection, bar service to the pool sun beds and an exclusive restaurant. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.