“Miss it already!!! Did NOT want to leave!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium

You added The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium to your Saves list
The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal-Puerto Juarez Km, 256-100, Akumal 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Akumal
Nineveh, Indiana
“Miss it already!!! Did NOT want to leave!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I visited the Royal Suites with another couple that are great friends of ours. They had been once before last year. But this was our first time. This was also our first all inclusive resort. LOVE LOVE LOVE it here!! HUGE shout out to Jose Luis at the lobby bar in the morning. He makes a great cup of cappacuinno and NEVER is down. He always has a smile on his face and is happy to serve you. He is the definition of excellent customer service. He was always cracking jokes or teaching you little spanish phrases. The evening bartender was ok, but he didn't seem to like making our coffees but once I mentioned it to Luis in the morning a lady was right on it and the next time we were in the guy was much nicer. The lobby is so nice, this is where you will spend alot of time, or at least we did. You get top shelf drinks and can use the computers or just hang out before your cart to go to dinner.
My #1 recommendation for your trip, take off bug spray!!! The humidity just really attracts the mosquitos and they love you... so take that and some calamine lotion. The gift shop in the resort is very pricey so try to get that stuff before you go. El Jardin is great! It is the adults only restaurant and the food is pretty good. We only at dinner there twice and that was it but they have great food. I got the lobster and pasta dinner and they make it at your table. Very impressive!! We also ate at the El Dorado (good), Portofino (Italian, really good) and the Brazilian Steakhouse which was very good too. The buffets are great for breakfast and lunch. There are lots of choices in there and you can find something you like. Definitely hit up the omelet stations they are soooooo good!!!
The Royal people get special golf cart service and they are all GREAT!!!! They always chat with you and are happy to have you. They always joke around and make you laugh, you can't help but have a good time. Sometimes it can take awhile for the cards to get to where you are if you are at another part of the resort, but they were at 97% occupancy so it was understandable. The shows at 9 and 10 are... ok. But not super great. It is normally the beginning of the shows that are fun, where they take people up on stage. (I was one and the husband of my friend was one also). Oh, and William at the pool bar is great too!!! At one point when the rest of the group was in the facilities he saw me and asked if I was lost. I told him no but thanks for checking. EVERYONE is super super nice!!! They really do treat you like family (speaking of family, DONT fall for the vacation 1 hour deal for the pesos or massages. It ends up being like 3 hours long and they start out super nice at first but get super pushy at the end we just had to be blunt and say NO!!!!) But other than that everything else was GREAT!!!! We had the anniversary decorations in our room one night with champagne and the spa was drawn. It was great. Also the room service food is really good! Highly recommend the quesadilla's and the nachos with beef.
All in all EVERYTHING is so nice!!! It is very relaxing! Everyone there just wants to treat you like family and they are happy to help. You can't help but feel at home and at the end you won't want to leave I promise!

My major tips, take bug spray and calamine lotion, take sunscreen it is ($$) in the store, take some pepto/immodium (the food sometimes can upset your tummy),try to request a second or third floor room it gives you a better view and there are less ants up there. You can walk to the royal beach but it is a short hike... if you aren't in a hurry it is no big deal but if you want to get there just take the carts. You can ask for them at any of the lobbies. The Royal beach is at the other end but it is nice to see the resort and it isn't a pain like some people say. The water is AMAZING crystal clear and you can go way out! :) My husband and I already want to get back or to even one of the other resorts at the other locations. I hope you enjoy your stay and don't let any of the "picky/snobby" reviews scare you. You can't help but have an amazing time. And honestly I could go ON and ON even more than I already have. :) You will love it!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second or third floor. We had a room in the back part of the building, it...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Community Manager at The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Thelmsing,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative review, reading this makes all the hard work of the team worth it. We are so glad that you enjoyed yourself and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed at the Royal Suites from May 17th to 27th, 2012. It was our second time at this hotel, the first having been in 2011.

We had a lovely time. Our thanks goes out to the fantastic staff, especially Aurora and Rosario, who ensured the room was perfect, both beautifully decorated both on arrival and on my birthday, and an upgrade to the one bedroom suite, despite the fact that when we booked this category was sold out - many thanks! The balcony Jacuzzi is simply divine - lying in a huge tub filled with bubbles, drinking bubbly from room service, and listening to the sound of the ocean, overlooking the jungle - absolutely perfect!

Honorable mentions too to Luis at the pool bar, who always had a brilliant smile, and nothing was too much trouble, he literally ran to fetch coffee for us! To Mariana at the Royal Beach, who I swear must be a mind reader, as she magically appeared just as you needed another drink, or fancied a sandwich or some fruit. To Pedro, who whizzed us around the resorts in the carts, and again was constantly smiling and waving - so friendly, he made us feel very much at home. To Jose who kept our room clean, and made the most beautiful towel creations and adorned the room with flowers. And to all the other staff, whose names have slipped my mind (a little too much champagne!) who work in front of and behind the scenes to keep the resort beautiful and relaxing!

You don't go to an all-inclusive resort for the food but they do a pretty good job here. Some real stands outs for us included the lobster flambé at El Jardin (Friday’s Italian night special), with big meaty chunks of lobster in a tasty sauce, the show was impressive too; the avocado with squash flower in the Mexican restaurant- amazing; the seafood soup and the tomato & basil soup at Punta Emilia on the beach in the evening - a gorgeous setting as well; the tofu appetizer, and the rice and cheese 'sushi' from the vegetarian selections at Bamboo; and the fish special on the Mexican evening (Saturday) at El Jardin. Top shelf liquor (Absolute vodka, Bombay Sapphire, Don Julio tequila etc.) are all available, along with bottled and draft beers, and solid red, white and rosé wines. There were two 'house' sparkling wines too - one dry which was excellent, the other sweeter.

There was great snorkeling right off shore (and no need for water shoes to go swimming if you pick your entry point, there are some rocky bits, but that is what makes the sea life so abundant!) We saw large stingrays, many varieties of fish, and very cute crabs.

We had a wonderful holiday, the staff really make this resort, but the beautiful surroundings of natural jungle and gorgeous beach come a very close second.

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

From the moment we got off Frontier airlines, transfer to the resort, to the day we had to leave - the people were just so polite, friendly and informational. Hospitality at the Royal Suites, as well as all of the Grand Palladium resort was above and beyond anything I've ever experienced. From the welcoming staff (Andres and Mary) to the maid/butler staff (Wilma and Alberto), everyone made us feel like royality. Room service was 24hrs and the restaurants had a vast variety of food choices from around the world. The nightly shows/entertainment were elegant. The wildlife would roam free amongst you and at any moment you may see one just wandering around the resort. On our last night at the Royal Suites was our 8th anniversary and we wanted to do a quiet night of dining/ a show and walk along the beach. We went to make reservations for that night and just mentioned it was our anniversary and asked for suggestions to a nice restaurant, Mary suggested the Mediterrian one at the Colonial section of the resort. We ate at 8 p.m., show at 10:15 p.m. and decided to go back to the room instead of a stroll. Got back to the room at 11:45 p.m., we were suprised to find candles,champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, a bubble bath with rose petals in the letters of "I love you" - the maid and butler staff had done it all while we were out to dinner. Overall the experience was breathtaking and have already started making plans to renew our vows at the Royal Suites in 2 years if not sooner - can't wait to go back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Jose was the best at the bar every morning for coffee. Food needs improvement service is out of this world. Padro and fransico where#1 drivers! Service and beach where awesome. The spa was amazing. We loved the dancing in the lobby.

• Stayed May 2012
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was our 4th time to an all inclusive resort in the Mayan Riveria and 2nd time to the Grand Palladium. We stayed from May 17 - May 26 2012. Since we were not bringing our kids this time we decided to stay at the Royal Suites section since we stayed at the White Sands section in 2011 and it was so good we decided to come back this year and we have never repeated at a resort before. We have been to the Valentin and to the Iberostar resorts and we feel the Royal Suites is a step above both. The differences are their attentive staff, amenities, and royal treatment. As echoed in other reviews, El Jardin is a great restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Their staff like Genis the waiter were super helpful and took care of your every need. My husband had a problem with communicating with the omelet station cook to ask for a sunny side up egg and he wound up getting a fried egg... rather than be a bother he just expressed to our waiter, Genis that he just wanted a sunny side up egg and Genis said, "No problem, you are my best friend and I will get you your eggs the way you want" A few minutes later he returned with 2 perfectly cooked sunny side eggs. These small things mean a lot to us. And they do it all with a smile.
Pedro and Alberto were our butlers for the stay and they were AWESOME --- LIKE ROCKSTARS!! They always were there to take care of whatever you needed and where ever you wanted to go. (Pedro would always tease my husband and I when he would see us walking that we walked too much and we would tell Pedro we were hunting for a chupacabra)
We had a suite with the jacuzzi on the porch and the first night and another night (twice!) we returned to our room in the evening our jacuzzi was filled for us with lots of bubbles. We also had champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, candles lit everywhere. Turn down service every night - oh my gosh we could go on and on how all these little things meant so much to us. The towel art was so amazing!
Wendy at the Travel Club was so gracious and attentive on what we needed. I think we took her by surprise when we requested only water in our fridge... no alcohol. She said she never has had anyone ask for 16 bottles of water. But we try to drink a lot, we are healthy and we try to stay hydrated to counteract all the alcohol we are consuming throughout the day at the pool, beach and bars.(speaking of alcohol - try a pineapple or melon mojito or even a sombero drink) And Jose Luis in the reception bar makes the BEST Bloody Marys (thanks Tim for that recommendation) Ask Jose Luis to tell you the secret ingredient (pssst it's just a dash of Worcestershire Sauce).
When at the Royal Beach, Marieanna is the best waitress we have ever had on a vacation ever! She is so sweet and attentive to you. One day I asked her for the fruit cup and she didn't have any left but instead of turning me away empty handed she gave me a cup of cut up coconut with a little tabasco, lime and salt and it was the best thing I ever had! I told my husband how good it was, the next time we saw her my husband mentioned he liked it and she told him it was an off menu item and it was actually something she would make for herself for a snack and she offered to make some for him. We felt honored and privledged that she would offer this to us. We were truly treated like family from her and all of the staff and we tipped frequently because of the great service we received and because everyone works so hard to make sure you are having a great time.
Bottom line if you are a negative person and have a bad and negative attitude about everything then you can find fault in paradise. But we felt the opposite. This was truly wonderful for the 9 days we were there and we actually experienced a ton of rain the first 3 days we were there. But we used the spa, gym, jacuzzi and hung out in the reception lobbies and it was fun!
If you are considering the Royal Suites, just pay attention to the great reviews as you will find they are consistent with what we experienced.
One suggestion would be to hire a private transport for your arrival - since it is a long drive from the airport to the resort it is nice to have a non-stop transport to take you straight there. We have used Cancun Valet for just the arrival transportation and it is worth the $80. Since we book through Apple Vacations we just use the transportation included for just the way back to the airport for our departure.

Room Tip: Building 69 or 70 is great - away from bridge and traffic noise.
long beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We stayed in a Royal Suite which was nicer than many people's apartments.
Internet service is free in the room.
The service is evident everywhere: in the Lounge, in the private Restaurant (El Jardin), and at the PRIVATE pool.The pool stays open with bar service until midnite!
All of the staff are so friendly including bell hops, bar staff , waiters and even maintenance will give you a friendly "hola" as they pass by.
Nature lovers will enjoy plants and animals.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rivieraywhitesand, Resident Manager at The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear allinclusiveexpert,
I love when people realize that our staff makes a big effort to provide the best service. Thank you for your comments and I hope you visit us soon.

Regards,

The Royal Suites Yucatán
dtor.whitesandriviera@fiestahotelgroup.com
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I’ll start off by saying I’ve been to a palladium chain 4 times now. 3 times in Punta Cana (where we got married) and once now in Mexico. This whole trip was all about comparing.

Transfer:
We used USA Transfer’s. It was easy, trust worthy and comfortable. We got out of the airport and they had someone standing there with their name on their t-shirts so it was very easy to spot. He called the driver to say we were there. We did have to walk a minute to the van but they helped with our luggage, really smooth. It was completely private so it took us an hour to get to our resort. He was friendly and answered any questions we had.
The pick up from the resort was on time as promised. This guy spoke better English so he talked to us about Mexico and some history and economy. Again only took us an hour to get back to the airport... very smooth once again. Very reliable I would highly suggest and recommend using them for your transfer’s and tours. They will be the only company we use now when travelling to Mexico.

Rooms/service: Rooms were very spacious and clean. But not as nice as the royal rooms in PC but how much time do you spend in your room. For what we needed it for it did the job and was very comfortable. The only down fall was it was 2 doubles as suppose to a king size. The bath tub on the balcony was a nice touch...watch the stars in a nice Jacuzzi was the perfect way to end an evening. The maid did a wonderful job every single day, as well as turn down service there was never a night missed (unlike PC back in Nov we never got it) I requested a pillow from the menu the night we arrive and we got it the very same day!!! That evening we were getting ready for bed and wanted to watch T.V but realized our remote wasn’t working. We let our butler know we left for the day and come back to a brand new remote. For me this was big as in PC I never got my pillow (on our last visit) and never got our broken phone fixed. We saw our butler everyday and if I didn’t all I had to do was call a number and get whatever I needed. The service was outstanding from the maid to butler, bar tenders and restaurant servers. Always with a smile and nothing seem too much for anyone if asked. Room service was amazing too but we only did it for breakfast, was within the 30mins like told and was perfect temperature.

Restaurants: We did the royal resto the most. The first night I think they were under staffed so the wait was very long, 2 ½ hours to get a meal. However every other day or night was perfect service always good and the food even better. We tried the ribs and more which was great and if you’re in the royal you can get the lobster (they normally charge $35 but royal guest is free) it’s a meal on its own it was huge. Myself am not a lobster fan but these were delicious!!! We also did the Mexican another delicious meal and very authentic once again the waiters always had a smile on their face, willing to take any picture you want. We did another one but I can’t remember for the life of me which one... I was under the weather so I didn’t eat but the rest of my group did and loved it. I had the French onion soup though and that was good just like being home in Montreal! Just thinking about all the food now is making me drool. The one thing you won’t do here is go hungry. We did most of our lunch on the beach chicken wings were to die for and so were the fajita’s! We also did a few buffets one at the Riviera section and one at the Colonial. All very very good and never once did I feel like I was eating buffet food. I find the food in PC to be amazing and very good. But I found the food here better maybe their spices or just the way they cook their food. Either way they were both good just one was a bit better than the other. I can say this, I’ve never ever had such good steak at an AL then here. I find the cuts are just not the same then at home or if you ask for well done it’s over done but if you ask for medium well is bloody but not here, at any of the a la carts!!! (Mind you I get that at home very hard to cook)

Pool,Beach/Grounds: The grounds were amazing. True feeling of a jungle got to see so many beautiful birds with different colours and different sound, what made it better was once we closed our bedroom door we never heard a thing!! The grounds are huge so you have a trolley and golf carts to get you around. So many things to see right on the resort even an alligator pen!
The Pools are huge with many activity’s going on during the day for adults and kids. We hung out by the royal pools a couple of days a perfect place if you want to stay close to the rooms. As always great services at the bar, they even had sandwiches. The beach is stunning, which surprised me because I was told countless times how Maya doesn’t have nice beach and that they are rocky. Not here!! Yes on the riveria section it was rocky and not a lot of sand but the further you walked down the nicer and more sand it become. Especially at the royal section beach (in front of the Kentenah section) it was pure white smooth sand. No rocks... there were a few spots in the water to get in that had a few rocks but nothing you couldn’t step over. You have about 10-20 feet of sand in the water then it turns to coral where you can see a million different fish while snorkeling. I was advised to bring water shoes, never used them once! As always the bar service was great, at times could be a little bit of wait but no rush your on vacation right!! If you show your royal bracelet you’ll get top shelf liquor here, and they will remember you =)

Over all : Punta Cana Palladium will always have a soft spot in our heart as we got married there plus all the staff there are like family, will definitely return sometime. However I will be back to Mexico palladium before I head back to PC. The whole jungle/tropical feel, the beach (the lack of boats on the water compared to PC) the out of this world service, food and so much more will have me back here quicker than I thought. Have any questions msg me!

P.S we went to Tulum ruins (which is closest to our resort) we took the collective bus (3 peso’s p/p each way) was smooth, comfortable and felt very safe. The ruins are definitely something to see!! If you’re going to do this I’d suggest doing it on your own. You can always hire a guide at the ruins for $30-35 we didn’t do this and don’t regret it. They have signs at each ruin giving info. The beach here is stunning!! but crowded. Have fun!!!!!! You’ll love this place!

Room Tip: personally don't think there is a bad room/building on the royal side (we had building 70)
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SunAddict24,
It is nice to receive comments from repetitive customers. I haven't visited our Resort in PC yet but I can say that we have the same procedures and we work as a big team. It is not easy to compare two different resorts and as you said you will always have good things in both so you just need to keep coming hehe...

Regards,

Antonio Parrado Rodríguez
Director Residente / Resident Manager
Grand Palladium White Sand Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Riviera Resort & Spa
The Royal Suites Yucatán
dtor.whitesandriviera@fiestahotelgroup.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akumal
Luxury Bahia Principe Sian Ka'an Don Pablo Collection
Luxury Bahia Principe Akumal Don Pablo Collection
Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort and Spa
Akumal Bay Beach & Wellness Resort
Grand Bahia Principe Tulum
Grand Palladium Colonial Resort & Spa

Been to The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium? Share your experiences!