“experienced travelers honest review” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium

Save Saved
You added The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium to your Saves list
The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal-Puerto Juarez Km, 256-100, Akumal 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Akumal
Snowshoe, West Virginia
“experienced travelers honest review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Having been to the Mexican Riviera many times and to many resorts including Cozumel I cannot recall any other place that even comes close to exceeding the Palladium. Even though the resort was at capacity it still did not seem crowded. We stayed for ten days at the royal section and it was well worth the extra money. The royal restaurant (EL Jardin) was worth it alone. You have a choice of 3 different steaks every night with lobster along with whatever is featured on that nights special feature, The T-Bone was perfect. Ask for the "Banana Flambe" for desert. The "maitre de "Damon" and his wait staff are to be commended. We had excellent service every time we were there.....The pool was perfect, only a few steps from our very gracious room. The pool bar service was excellent. There is a lot of walking which is a good thing....The Spa was very relaxing every morning with the saunas, steam room, whirlpools, especially the big one with the watercoming down on your neck and shoulders. The "Aqua-Pedi" treatment hurt like hell the first few times but later really felt good as it improved circulation...
On the negative side I wish they would enforce the dress code a little more as we seen many people that looked like they just came from the beach. maybe I'm just a little picky on that subject but when they try to make such great ambience I think the diners should also try to make it a nicer experience.....When this resort first opened it was one of the few that would not allow the "Time share sharks". not so anymore, they call it the "Travel Club" but its still a time share...Some of the amenities that were available to the guests now are restricted to only travel club members...It is a little over an hour from Cancun so that may be good or bad depending what you like. that far away from Cancun it is quieter....We love this place and will definitely return.....

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. email a week ahead and ask for a top floor or tell them you are there for...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Rivieraywhitesand, Resident Manager at The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Dear delbert,
Thank you for your honest review. I appreciate your time and will take note of the aspects we can improve.
It will be a pleasure to see you soon here with us.

dtor.whitesandriviera@fiestahotelgroup.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

If your vacation needs are to get Great Customer Service then the Royal Suites at Grand Palladium in Riviera Maya is the location for you. Right on arrival Aurora ( general manager) and her staff will make you feel most "Welcome". The Butler staff exclusive to Royal Guests will do everything in their ability to make sure your stay meets your every need and desire. Jose Luis ( Pepe) and Filaberto the Royal Lobby Bartenders will take care of all your beverage needs from your Welcome Drink to the last beverage before you leave for the airport at the end of your stay. Julio ( Royal Pool) or Clemente ( Las Rocas Salt Water Pool) will mix up any Tropical Cocktail you desire as you enjoy the Sun and Ocean Breezes at either area of the resort you chose. You will feel "Important" when you arrive for Breakfast and/or Dinner at El Jarden ( restaurant exclusive to Royal Guests) when Damien greets you with a "Welcome Home Family" and escorts you to your table and provides service beyond your needs. Not sure what you want for Dinner well the Ala Cartes available to you range from Seafood on the Beach, Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Steakhouse, Italian, Ribs and More to name a few. Your transportation needs, baggage, Information or just good old fashion conversation will be met when you seek out Pedro the Palladium Cheerleader. I have never felt more appreciated anywhere before or since I befriended Pedro. On our 3rd trip to the resort Pedro went way out of his way to make us feel Welcome, Important and Appreciated and those feelings just continue to grow on each trip since. This past trip in Feb 2012 makes visit number 16, with 3 more returns booked for this year. If Pedro is off ..... no worries as Alberto will take care of you on that day. We are asked all the time why we continue to spend our vacations in the same resort? Its very simple.........................................

EVERYONE DESERVES TO FEEL WELCOME, IMPORTANT AND APPRECIATED ON VACATION! DON'T YOU AGREE?

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms offer best view of grounds and water
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Neller1234,
I agree 100% with you so this is why we keep the hard working in our Royal Suites.
Our staff does a great job and they love what they do, this is the main reason why many people repeat their stays with us.
Thanks to people like you that knows how to appreciate this service and their effort.

Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Awesome resort. Have no complaints. From arrival to departure, we were treated like royalty. The drivers, bartenders, staff, etc. were amazing. Special thumbs up to drivers Will and Roberto and to bartenders Luis and Carlos. The Mexicans are a very friendly, kind-hearted, hard-working people and I bonded with some and I miss them very much. Can't wait to go back.
The shows (2 each night) were awesome. Everyone is so friendly. I can not think of one thing to complain about.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
It's nice that you enjoyed our Royal Suites services and of course our shows. I highly recommmend our Tuesday Rock Forever show in the Riviera theater. You can't miss it.

Batavia, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We (three couples) just returned from eight wonderful days at the Royal Suites Yucatan. Several years ago we had stayed in the Kantenah and White Sands sections in past trips to this resort. After staying in the adult section (Turquesa) at the Grand Palladium the past two years we decided to try the adult section in the Riviera Maya Grand Palladium. We enjoyed both facilities but we all agree that the Royal Suites Yucatan has become our favorite Winter destination! We booked our trip with Apple Vacations out of Chicago which resulted in a direct flight to Cancun arriving at 10:30 in the morning. Instead of using Apple's bus to the Riviera Maya resorts we booked with AGI and were taken directly to our resort avoiding the usual lengthy trip stopping at all the other resorts on the way to the Palladium. The Palladium is one of the farthest resorts from Cancun and can result in a 1 1/2 to 2 hour ride depending on the number of stops on the way. After a stop for a cerveza we arrived at the Royal Suites lobby in about an hour and were pleasantly surprised that our room was available. We had requested a junior suite on the second floor (for privacy in the balcony jacuzzi) in Bldg. 69 and were not disappointed in our room or view!

We especially liked the adult pool (Royal guests only) that was just outside of Bldg. 69's entrance and the EXCELLENT service provided by the pool staff which included fresh fruit and sandwiches everyday in addition to great drinks. El Jardin is breakfast and dinner restaurant for the Royal Suites and we usually ate breakfast and half our dinners there. The other dinners we found tried several theme restaurants and really enjoyed the Mexican and Japanese restaurants. Lunch was usually at one of the outside restaurants by the White Sands and Colonial section's pools for their fresh fish, guacamole, etc. We found that the resort now offers segway lessons/tours and ended up signing up twice during our stay. Our instructor/guide (Ary) was excellent. If you have never driven a segway give it a try during your vacation.
The Spa at this location is the best I have seen at a Grand Palladium and we spent several afternoons enjoying its pools, whirlpools, massages, etc during our stay also.
The only negative that the six of us came up with is the "Travel Club" which uses the Royal's private restaurant every morning for "selling" trip packages while we were having breakfast.
The travel Club has offices in most of the lobbies and we feel it would be better if those rooms and not the Royal's restaurant for selling activities! We hope they aren't in El Jardin when we return next year as many people at the adult pool were UNHAPPY with their presence each morning during breakfast.

Room Tip: We very much enjoyed Building 69 because of its proximity to the Adult pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear cougarsteve,
Thank you for your good comments about your stay with us.
I take note of the points you mention and I agree with you that our segways tour is a don't miss.
Your feedback will be really helpful. I hope you visit us soon.

Maple Shade, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I went with a very good frined this was the first time to the Rivera Mayo it exceeded my expectations. This was the best vacation ever!!! relating an so so much fun!! Julio is at the Royal pool , you will never go with out a drink he will keep them coming. Alberto acart attendent will go out of he way for you. Kaloah is at the buffet he make you fell like a old frined I know because he do not froget my frined Jeff. Jose Luis is the batttender at the Royal Labby,just tell him keep the Long Island Ice tea coming right Jeff!!! l.o.l , this trip was every thing I could ask for .I would like to thank all of the empolyee for making my stay there unforgettably. the service,food,drinks,exceeded every thing. This is Pardise I would recomend this resort to every one .I would like to say thank to all explicable to Jose Luis for all the fun and the way he keep the drinks coming. Thank You Angie Diaz

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Rivieraywhitesand, Resident Manager at The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Thank you Angie B.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your comments to the staff you mentioned. You can be sure they will be pleased to hear your good review.

Maple Shade, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

The food and the drinks were extreamly delicious but my expectations were greatly exceeded by the hospality of the staff. Julio who works the bar at the Royal pool, Alberto a cart attendent and Damien the Host at the El Jardin restaurant. But I was truly amazed at the host of the breakfast buffet at Kabah and he was also the host at the lunch buffet at Laguna, Gustavo, he was very attentative to our needs, when we could not locate something he was right there to assist us and when I had asked for a specific food item at the lunch buffet he assured me it would be available the next day and I guess you already know this but it was available the next day, I admire this man for his dedication to his responsibilities and look forward to seeing him on my next visit. Then Pedro a very enthusiastic cart attendent who has information regarding the entire resort at the top of his head, he was extreamly polite and very interested in making this my first trip a memorable expierence and wanting me to be satisfied with all the amentities that were available to us at the Resort. This next man, Jose Luis is a pure talent, he is the day time bartender at the Royal Lobby and I absolutely believe he is by far the best bartender that ever served me a drink. I would put "Pepe" up against and New York City or Los Angeles bartender or and other in between those two locales. He has a million dollar smile and he has by far the absolute best personality I know. He is detailed oriented and he is a perfectionist in his craft. Anyone reading this I urge you, wait I implore you to visit this bar and be served by this great bartender, you too will walk away, or crawl knowing that you have been served by the best. Pepe is a great man and I am eager to return and see what new creations he has come up with. I believe that the Grand Palladium Riveria Maya has the best staff and the aforementioned men I had the honor in meeting make that staff better. If you remember the phrase "were everybody knows your name", the lyric in the Cheers title song, well visit Pepe and tell me you don't come away thinking you just were at that kind of corner bar, and if you do visit Pepe tell him Long Island Ice Tea Jeff said hello. And for all the visitors who stay at the resort, please remember to tip the servers, hosts, cart attendents and the cleaning staff.

Room Tip: Royal Suites, enough said
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Rivieraywhitesand, Resident Manager at The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium, responded to this review, February 29, 2012

I will pass your good comments to all our staff. I agree 100% with your good comments about their service.

I hope you can enjoy their drinks soon.

Sagamore Hills, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

exceeded all our expectations from service to food to drinks. The grounds were beautiful.
could not ask for much more, The closest thing to paradise.

Room Tip: aany royal is fine
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear greg s,
Our goal is always to exceed our customer's expectations. I'm really happy that we managed it.
We will be glad to see you soon.

dtor.whitesandriviera@fiestahotelgroup.com

Been to The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium? Share your experiences!