Having been to the Mexican Riviera many times and to many resorts including Cozumel I cannot recall any other place that even comes close to exceeding the Palladium. Even though the resort was at capacity it still did not seem crowded. We stayed for ten days at the royal section and it was well worth the extra money. The royal restaurant (EL Jardin) was worth it alone. You have a choice of 3 different steaks every night with lobster along with whatever is featured on that nights special feature, The T-Bone was perfect. Ask for the "Banana Flambe" for desert. The "maitre de "Damon" and his wait staff are to be commended. We had excellent service every time we were there.....The pool was perfect, only a few steps from our very gracious room. The pool bar service was excellent. There is a lot of walking which is a good thing....The Spa was very relaxing every morning with the saunas, steam room, whirlpools, especially the big one with the watercoming down on your neck and shoulders. The "Aqua-Pedi" treatment hurt like hell the first few times but later really felt good as it improved circulation...
On the negative side I wish they would enforce the dress code a little more as we seen many people that looked like they just came from the beach. maybe I'm just a little picky on that subject but when they try to make such great ambience I think the diners should also try to make it a nicer experience.....When this resort first opened it was one of the few that would not allow the "Time share sharks". not so anymore, they call it the "Travel Club" but its still a time share...Some of the amenities that were available to the guests now are restricted to only travel club members...It is a little over an hour from Cancun so that may be good or bad depending what you like. that far away from Cancun it is quieter....We love this place and will definitely return.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Suites Yucatan consists of 130 luxurious rooms located in an exclusive area within the Grand Palladium Resort & Spa in the Mayan Riviera. Guest may enjoy first class facilities that include a private lobby with a bar, exclusive swimming pool with Jacuzzi, unlimited dinner reservations at the theme restaurants, private bar with premium beverages, room service, free Internet connection, bar service to the pool sun beds and an exclusive restaurant. For adults only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Royal Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- The Royal Suites Yucatan By Palladium Riviera Maya/Akumal, Mexico