“Travel Agents - HONEST review” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium

You added The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium to your Saves list
The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Carretera Chetumal-Puerto Juarez Km, 256-100, Akumal 77710, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Akumal
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Travel Agents - HONEST review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Having stayed previously at the El Dorado Royale, Riu Palace Playacar, Barcelo Maya Beach Resort, Riu Las Americas in Cancun and the White Sands Resort in Cozumel, I consider myself pretty well travelled in and around the Yucatan penisula.

I've worked in travel for 13 years and have visited the Caribbean 14 times to various islands and resorts of usually 4 or 5 star standard.

This resort IS the BEST resort I have ever stayed in!!!! I was recommended the hotel and I'm so happy that I took up the recommendation.

Food is the best I've ever experienced! Drinks of premium quality! Service for the Royal Suites is very very good... I prefered the room here with a double jacuzzi on the balcony over the El Dorado's indoor jacuzzi! The whole the room in general was of the highest standard and overall better than any room I've previously stayed in.

With the other 4 hotels on the complex it was great to get out and about, not ever having to eat in the same restaurant twice at nice was great. The choice for food and bars are endless!!!

I could write all day regarding the resort but all I can say is... " Go and you WILL enjoy"

Room Tip: Book a show table at the Japanese Restaurant - A MUST!!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
westerville, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

October 15-22, 2011

This was our 4th trip to Palladium Riviera Maya and we’ve stayed at the Palladium in PC once. Normally, we stay in a Kantenah Mayan suite when we go but this year we upgraded to the Royal Cabana suites since we had done the Royal experience in Punta Cana last year and really enjoyed the perks.
We arrived Saturday in Cancun to rain, as usual. No problems in the airport and they do play the red light/green light game, which we got green (I pressed the button ). We paid a bit extra for the Lomas private transfer, which was well worth the extra cost. We used Lomas because they were included in the package we booked through FunJet. Our driver was quiet and we enjoyed the scenery during our hour ride to the Palladium.
We arrived at the Royal Lobby and were greeted with a welcome drink (type of Martini, I think). We had pre-requested a private Cabana in the area of 7209-7217 and they told us we were in 7210 but it wasn’t ready yet (it was only 1:30). That was fine as we didn’t expect it to be ready since we were early so we went to the buffet on the White Sands/Riviera side (Kabah). It was good and we walked around a bit to get the feel of the “other side” of the resort since we were so used to the Kantenah side.
We went back to the Royal lobby and were told that they were going to put us in a different room, room 7220, which again was fine. I am not usually hard to please. They dropped us off and showed us the room and it was gorgeous. They had also delivered a fruit basket since we were repeat visitors (thanks, Palladium!). We thought the lagoon was really neat with all the fish swimming around the deck and there was a nice hammock and loungers as well. But then…I went to my favorite part of the Mayan suite, the outdoor shower. This is truly one of the main reasons we come to the Palladium as it is a luxury that you definitely can’t enjoy in Ohio. I walked into it and looked up and lo and behold, the entire second and third floors of building 71 could see directly into my shower. I seriously couldn’t believe it. There is NO WAY that they didn’t have a direct view. And even if they didn’t mean to, if they walked out onto their balcony to look down at the lagoon, they would see into our shower. I was pretty upset. I honestly don’t understand why they didn’t have a higher wall there or didn’t think this out more clearly but in my opinion, cabanas 7219, 7220 and probably 7218-7219 give a good show from the shower to the patrons of building 71. I called the front desk and told them that I really would like a different room and they told me that they didn’t have any additional cabanas available. I asked if we could take a “downgrade” to the Kantenah Mayan suites but retain our Royal wristbands and they said we could not do that. They said they would see if any open cabanas came available the next day and I told them I would not unpack until the next day in case they could move us. I then posted about the situation on the website forum “Unofficial Palladium” that Cape Cod Ann hosts. I was just venting and just wanted to get it off my chest. The next day, we received a call from the front desk. They said they were working on it and would be able to move us in the afternoon. I happened to check Unofficial Palladium again at that time and saw that Ann had contacted Felipe about the situation and that even though he was not at the resort at that time, he would look into it. I truly didn’t expect this and was very surprised and appreciative of her effort and Felipe’s effort as well. The next thing you know, we got a call asking if we could be ready and someone would be there immediately. They moved us to cabana 7210, the one we originally were scheduled to be in. It was perfect and absolutely private! Apparently, with all the rain, many of the roofs of the cabanas had been damaged and were leaking so that is why they were limited on the cabanas. Later we received a bottle of champagne and a tray of the most delicious chocolate covered strawberries I have ever had. We asked who it was from and they said “the hotel”. Wow! Talk about customer service! I can’t thank Ann and Felipe enough for helping us out in this situation. We truly appreciate it! These are the types of things that set the Palladium above and beyond the other hotels in the RM.
Unfortunately, it continued to rain for the majority of the next few days. Hubby spent a lot of time catching up on his sleep and I did a lot of walking around the “new (to me)” side of the resort. The Royal section is definitely far from the ocean, but I knew this ahead of time. I have to say that I missed the Kantenah/Colonial section.
Food:
We ate breakfast our first day at El Jardin. I was a bit disappointed in the size of the buffet – it was very small with much less variety than the large buffets. Yes, you can order from the menu and they do cook your eggs to order - super nice wait staff. The next day, we ate breakfast at the White Sands/Riviera buffet (Kabah). They were missing some things that we always loved for breakfast on the Kantenah side (pico de gallo, little cinnamon rolls, French toast, etc). When I am in Mexico, pico de gallo is a food group in itself so I have to have it at every meal…lol. So from then on, we rode the trains to the Kantenah buffet (Tikal) for breakfast except for the very last morning and we ate in Kabah again, and found they did have pico de gallo, cinnamon rolls, and French toast that day so I am not sure if it was a fluke that the first day they didn’t have that or not. But we didn’t mind traveling around for breakfast.
We ate dinner at El Jardin three times. I had filet mignon once and lobster twice. The lobster was amazing! My husband had the T-bone steak and said it was fantastic. We had the bananas flambé once, which was a blast and very delicious. If you ate every night at El Jardin and had the lobster or steak, it would probably make up for the price of the upgrade to the Royal suites. We ate at Sumptori Japanese steakhouse once and the rest of the time, we went back to the Kantenah buffet.
We only ate lunch once in the buffet and the rest of the time, we stopped at Punta Emilia or the beach bar by the Colonial and ate jalapeño poppers and quesadillas. Oh, and we ate tons of ice cream (omg-the coconut ice cream at El Azul is fantastic!), guacamole, salsa and chips. I think onions were seeping out of my pores from the salsa by the end of the week…lol.
In summary, the food is fantastic here (imho). There are 2 things my husband wants on his vacation – good food and a good gym. The Palladium has the best food of any all-inclusive we’ve ever been to.
Spa:
Item 2 in list of important things for hubby. I don’t work out but he said the gym is one of the best he has seen for free weights. He is a power lifter and most places have a lot of aerobic machines but the Palladium (both here and in Punta Cana) has sufficient free weights for a heavy lifter. We stopped in the spa after being at the beach all day almost daily. The hot tub was nice and hot, the ice cold tub was freezing (how do people go in that?!), the hydro massage pool was great for tense shoulders and the steam room was fantastically steamy (with eucalyptus). A very nice way to wrap up the day before dinner. The spa also smells fantastic. We found out what scent it was and ordered the aroma therapy for our room for $5.00 – well worth it.
Ocean/beach:
This is my #1 requirement for vacation. I love to snorkel and the Palladium has great snorkeling right off the shore. We took a Royal cart to the Royal area on the Kantenah beach every day. The Royal area has Bali beds, which was something I so looked forward too as a Royal guest. When we stayed in the Mayan Kantenah suites in previous trips, I was envious of the royal Bali beds and couldn’t wait to be able to use them. Well, they were nice, but the mosquitos were not. The royal area sits back from the ocean a ways and there are plants all around which the mosquitos must like. There is not a huge breeze to blow them away like when you are closer to the ocean. So after the first day, we didn’t use the Bali beds. We had a lot of rain the first four days and the mosquitos in that area were pretty bad, even with DEET spray. But we still hung out at that end of the beach – quiet and great snorkeling when the ocean wasn’t rough. But be careful! I saw a stingray on two separate occasions just sitting in about 6 inches of water right on the shoreline. They do have signs up but a lot of people still don’t pay attention. Do the stingray-shuffle . There were HUGE Permit fish swimming around in the area where there was no reef. They were so cool. I saw Parrot fish this time which I haven’t seen there in the past. The reef is really growing out by the ropes and I was shocked to see how huge some of the coral is.
Entertainment:
We only saw one show and it was really good. The music in the lobbies is very good and it’s entertaining to people watch there as well. The sports bar had the World Series on the smaller TVs so we watched that one evening. We didn’t do any pool side activities and we really didn’t use the Royal pool at all, although it looked very nice, but small. We went to the Salt Water pool a couple times and really enjoy that. We did see a snake on the path to the Salt Water pool but it disappeared quickly. We didn’t go to Hemmingway’s on this trip, so can’t comment on that.
Summary:
We realized quickly that the Royal area is not for us. It is really a nice upgrade, but we found ourselves back on the Kantenah side most of the time – for meals, the beach, etc. We didn’t make use of many of the perks – there were 4 bottles of alcohol in the room that we didn’t open, we never used room service, we really didn’t use the royal carts much and we only made restaurant reservations once. We did get a pillow from the pillow menu about halfway through the week and we did love the lobster in El Jardin. But the biggest drawback for me was the distance from the ocean. I love to open up my door and walk out on the beach with my morning coffee. It was a haul to do that from the Royal Suites. And it is so convenient to run back to your room for something when your room is right there by the beach. I actually missed staying on that side so we probably won’t be staying in the Royal area again. When we were in Punta Cana, the Royal upgrade was a little different because you could get the swim up rooms there. I would stay in the Royal area there again for that reason.
It was a fantastic trip and we will be back…to the Kantenah Mayan suites, I hope . Why mess with perfection and go anywhere else? ;)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

My boyfriend and I traveled to this resort in September. The only downside for us was that it did take a little over an hour to travel from the Cancun airport to the hotel, but it was worth it. The location also put us much closer to the excursions in Xel-Ha and Tulum (about 15 min ride) which was very convenient!
We stayed in the Royal Junior Suite, which was a nice room. We preferred this over the Mayan Suites simply because we prefer to have a jacuzzi on our deck, which the Mayan Suite lacked. The room was cleaned and re-stocked daily, and also contained a 4-bottle wine cooler if you were inclined to purchase a bottle for your room. That was the only extra charge we encountered.
We felt the food was best at El Jardin (Royal Suites Restaurant), though I am not a fan of the lobster there...it's very different than the lobsters I'm used to eating in the States. The rest of the food there was decent though...and as expected for an AI resort. The only specialty restaurant we tried on this trip was Sumptuori (Japanese), which we were quite un-impressed with. Having been to Palladium before, we had already tried the Brazilian restaurant where the meat tends to be overcooked and dry, so we had no desire to go there. In regards to breakfast and lunch however, we found the buffets had a better breakfast and lunch selection than the Royal Restaurant.
When walking around the resort complex, you will find that this place is HUGE! We certainly could have stayed here 2 weeks and not felt bored. With 5 resorts in the complex, there was more than enough entertainment to go around. We enjoyed walking around the resort in the evenings after dinner, but found that if we wanted to get somewhere faster, the resort's golf cart drivers will take you wherever you need to go. Another perk to taking our nature walks every day was that you see so many different animals just hanging out everywhere! Fortunately, the crocodiles are in cages, but other than that, there's ant eaters, weasels, monkeys, flamingos, ducks and about a thousand iguanas running around the place. We also spent one morning at the Natural Sea Pool, which had a bunch of fish swimming around...it was fun at first, but then they decided they liked nipping at me, at which time we decided to leave and go to the beach.
The beach spans the entire length of the resort, and unfortunately, the Royal section of the beach is located at the complete opposite end of the resort, but when you go there you will understand why. They definitely chose this location because it is the best part of the beach. The water here must mix with fresh water, you can see the mixture which looks almost oily, and you can feel the quick temperature changes in spots. It was refreshing and gorgeous! The beach also had sea turtle nests everywhere, which unfortunately were not going to hatch until well after our stay.
There are many pools throughout the complex, several of which are designated as "Adult Only". The main pools are huge and have swim up bars, but we found that we enjoyed the Royal Pool the most. It's small, but also very quiet and relaxing, and the bartender will take your drink orders while you lounge in the pool, bali beds or chaise. They also serve "snacks" here (sandwiches & pizza) but the only thing we found appetizing was the fresh fruit that they put out early in the day.
I did take the opportunity to receive a treatment at the spa, which I found to be about average in service, though the spa itself is beautiful, and the pool, sauna and steam rooms were nice to spend time in after the treatment.
One warning, as I have not had this happen at a Palladium Resort previously: You will be approached to join their "Travel Club". It is basically like a time share presentation with high pressure sales techniques...these people did NOT want us to walk out of there! We chose to attend because we do enjoy the Royal Suites resorts, and plan to go back. The opportunity to save so much money (if you know for a fact that you will be traveling and make use of it) sounded great at first, but then in asking more and more questions, we finally found out that their program does not include staying at the Royal Suites. They will give you all the "perks" of being in the Royal Suites (use of the facilities, robes/slippers and top shelf liquor), but not let you stay in the rooms. We felt there was no point to that, as one of our main reasons for choosing the Royal Suites is that the rooms are so much nicer, and the area of the resort is so much quieter. Just make sure if you choose to attend the presentation that you ask all the right questions...because they tend not to tell you unless you ask!
Overall, the resort is beautiful, the staff is friendly, and the grounds are very well kept. The mangrove trees around the resort are a little stinky at times, but overall it truly does feel as though you are on a nature preserve, and we loved seeing all the animals roaming around. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Umatilla, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

October 16-21, 2011

PROS
Landscaping was beautiful and well maintained.
85% of staff was great.
Jacuzzi on the balcony was great.
Royal beach was fantastic and so was the drink waitress there.
Loved the Bali beds there.
All of the restaurants were very clean and very tastefully decorated.

CONS
El Jardin's meals were very inconsistent. We ate there three times and only the first meal was enjoyable. The other two were lukewarm at best and the lobster had shell fragments in it along with some kind of grit. It was grilled that night.so maybe it was charcoal dust. The drinks there were also inconsistent, even though there was only one bartender there.
At Sumptuori's we had reservations for 6 pm. We arrive at 6 PM and we were greeted and asked to wait at the restaurant bar. We sat there for twenty minutes without a bartender or a drink before being seated. The grill chef's performance was amazing but the quality of the food was mediocre. They used bay scallops (only got one), very small shrimp, and tough steak, The appetizer (shrimp tempura on a stick) was cold and dried out as if it had been left over and reheated.
At Ribs and More we had the buffalo wings for an appetizer. We were warned that they would be spicy and were looking forward to them. The wing sauce was sweet and mild like diluted ketchup and honey. We ordered ribs and they were tender but again the sauce was not good.
The buffets would have been a better choice. We stopped by one of the buffets after Sumptuori for dessert and found beef Wellington, extra large shrimp, three meats on a carving station, etc.
Too bad we found this out on our last night.
Shows were so so.
Disco was empty every time we went.
Piano bar (Hemingway's) was suppose to have a live piano player at 7 PM. We waited twenty minutes and he never showed. They had some premium liqour there, but no cranberry juice to make a cosmo.
Never saw the butler after we first arrived.
We could not change out the four bottles of booze in our room for our favorites and they would not bring drinks to the room. So every time we wanted a drink we would have to walk over to the lobby bar. The mixers in our mini frig were seven up, pepsi and orange soda.
We took a room on the third floor to avoid the ants that were mentioned by others on trip adviser. Well that didn't work. They were everywhere and we did not leave any dishes from room service in the room. One day I left and empty drink glass on the counter that divided the room. What a mistake. It looked like a National Geographic documentary on the march of the ant. Single file they descended from the ceiling down the column and around the column into the glass. Fifteen minutes before we were departing our room for our return home the exterminators came.
The coffee pot in the room was not supplied with the right shaped coffee packs so you had to hold the pot against the rear of the machine in order for it to work properly.
The I-pod/radio had a short or something. It worked intermittently. They replaced the power supply and it still didn't work correctly.
No Premium alcohol at the Royal beach bar.
No music at the royal pool.
We were told on our first day that the golf carts would not pick us up at our building unless it was raining, We were told to walk over to the royal lobby to obtain transportation. This required us to walk over a bridge which had a walkway of uneven pavers with an incline and decline. I've had two knee replacements, one just this year. The third floor room (without an elevator) and the numerous trips across that bridge to the royal lobby wore me out. I couldn't wait to get home.
The receptionist at the royal lobby was annoying. He was hard to understand. He was not helpful when we discovered that our room did not have an umbrella. The woman in the lobby that books the excursions was our hero as she gave us a small folding umbrella and the desk receptionist asked for our room number and told us to be certain to leave it in the room or we would be charged for it. Since the hotel was only about 40% full, we thought he might get two from another empty room, but he didn't. We personally handed it to him upon checkout.
If this the number one rated hotel in the Puertos Adventuras area we would be afraid to try another.
Overall C+ or 3 1/2
Valentin and Riu Palace Riviera Maya were much more to our liking.
If t

W

Room Tip: Third floor balconies have no curtains and next door neighbors could easily see part of your balcony...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Rivieraywhitesand, Resident Manager at The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear spyrogirl,
I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. I accept all comments and of course will take note of all of them but I feel it is not fair to read a really short list of PROS and a long list of CONS in our services provided in Royal Suites.
Although we receive very good comments about our a la carte restaurants, I also recommend our buffets at nights which offer Theme nights with a very good quality. I’m going to check the details you mention as of course we can improve many things.

I’ sorry but I have to disagree with your opinion about our shows and I highly recommend our Pirates show in the Riviera theater on Fridays.

Regarding the night life in our Hotel we have live music in our lobbys until 1am in the Colonial and Riviera (everynight). We also have our Disco until 2 am. It depends on the people in the Hotel but sometimes we have many people in the disco and sometimes they prefer to stay in the lobbys. Our Disco is open every night and we have theme parties.

In relation with the drinks in Royal WE DO HAVE premium drinks in the beach area (La Jarra) for Royal Customers. You can notice that the menu is the same that in the Royal swimming pool (La Terraza) where we also have premium drinks.

I do apologize if there was any inconveniences in the room but I have to say that if there is something we haven’t receive any complaint, is about the service that our butlers and Front Desk provide. I’m sure that if they would have know of any inconvenience during your stay they would have fixed them. We also have Managers on duty 24 hours per day willing to help if necessary.

This Hotel is rated in a good position but it doesn’t mean the rest of the Hotels are good or bad, this is only based in other customers reviews and opinions.
I can’t give my opinion about the rest of the Hotels but what I can say for sure it’s that I don’t consider Royal Suites Yucatán “overall c+ or 3 ½”
Argyle, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I just returned from our 4th time staying in the Royal Suites. This was about our 13th time to Mexico, and as I tell my friends, there are probably nicer accommodations, food, and services out there, but we believe the Royal Suites offers as the most value and luxury for our money, hence why we keep returning.

We flew out on Saturday, October 22. When we got to the airport, I noted AA had 2 flights going to Cancun leaving just 5 minutes apart, fortunately we were the “later” flight, but we beat the other one there. Flights was fairly routine except for a few people that acted like they haven’t been out in public before, and it annoyed a few passengers.

We got through customs fairly quickly for a Saturday morning, about 20 minutes. We hit it at the right time because the other AA flight and several other flights in right after us and the lines quadrupled fairly quick. We got our bags, green light, and met AGI outside the door. I believe our driver was Pedro(?), and he got us to the Royal Suites in just over an hour, with a customary stop at 7-11 for some cervazas for the ride.

I had previously sent in a room request for a 3rd floor suite, and it was honored and we got room 6930, which I actually preferred over room 7030, which we have had twice before. 6930 is quieter since it’s not on the shuttle route. Room was fine, a little dated but we had no issues. Peto was our maid and did a fantastic job, with towel are daily. We did not get turn down service for the first 2 nights, don’t know why but the last 2 we did.

We ate breakfast each morning at El Jardin, I enjoy the omelets and again noted some chefs made them better than others. We mostly sat outside because my wife is one of “those people” that likes to feed the cats and raccoons. Speaking of which, for those who also enjoy Damian’s “pets” (Damian is the maitre de at El Jardin) there are 4 adult cats and 2 kittens, and 2 adult raccoons with 4 baby raccoons. All the raccoons are tame.

We usually took a golf cart to the Royal beach in the morning, this year it was excellent, completely sandy for at least 50 yards out into the water. Last year, it was very rocky getting into the water, guess it changes with the tides. Saw lots of fish, and even saw about a 2 foot stingray swimming north in about a foot of water 20 feet from shore. We mostly ate lunch at the beach bars, twice we tried the buffets but just didn’t really find anything we really liked.
Also found the ice cream behind the swim up bars, have to agree it’s very good, but I don’t understand why it’s not promoted more(?) We once again did the pottery painting near Punta Emilia, our house now has 4 very colorful parrots. To me it’s one of the best souvenirs you can have.

We ate at El Jardin 2 nights, as good as always, and Damian always makes you feel welcome. I will say they are preparing the lobster differently, last year it was grilled, this year it seemed more broiled, and I prefer the former.

The other nights we did the Japanese and Mexican. The Japanese was as great as always, and the chefs are tremendous. We shared a cooking table with a Scottish couple and a group from Czechoslovakia(?), of which only one spoke just a bit of English. I only speak very little Spanish, and can get by with most of the staff speaking some broken English, but to not speak any Spanish or English would be very frustrating for me. The Mexican was just so-so, maybe we’re just spoiled with all the Tex-Mex we eat.

Most nights we’d end up at the sports bar for some drinks to watch the World Series, I am originally from St. Louis but consider the Rangers my team now, so it was kind of bittersweet for me. It was fun though watching the game with a group of Canadians, and people from Scotland, and some Red Sox fans who were rooting for the Rangers as well.

Unfortunately, we also encountered Hurricane Rina. The first 3 days we were there the weather was perfect, mid 80’s, slight breeze, and NO HUMIDITY!!! However, the last day we were on the outer portion of Hurricane Rina so it was rainy. We decided to not risk being stranded in Mexico, so I called American Airlines and fortunately they were sending a flight to “evacuate” people t on Wednesday night, so we got on that flight and was told it was the last flight out before the closed the airport before the hurricane blew over. Thus, we cut our vacation a day short, but better safe than sorry. I will say the resort kept us informed on Ch. 2 with updates, and they pretty much didn’t believe it was to be a major storm, saying the ocean and air was too cool for it to develop fully, even though some people on websites I checked, and the news from Miami, were comparing the development of Rina to Hurricane Wilma back in 2006. Fortunately the resort was right and the hurricane weakened. I will say I also called Javier with AGI, and he was very good about switching our schedule around and getting us to the airport so we could make the flight home. Another mention is for Jose Luis, the bartender in the Royal lobby, he also took good care of us while we were there.

We will be back to this resort someday, but are considering the Royal Suites in Punta Cana next year since my wife and I have not been to the Dominican.

Room Tip: Building 69 is quieter than building 70.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

We want to thank all the staff at The Royal Suites Yucatan for make our vacation special. The service was outstanding like Royal Service.!!!! Everybody is great and committed to make your vacation special.
The hotel is perfect for relaxing and enjoy the nature. The Spa is very good and the beach is beautiful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

We had a wonderful time at the Royal Suites, we stayed in Building 69, room 6933. Room was wonderful, my wife loved the jacuzzi tub being out on the patio. She made me remove the light bulb so we could see the stars from our tub. Some restaurants are closed on a rotating basis so you have to check to make sure your plans work with what is open. Grounds were immaculate and the Royal experience was very helpful as we went to dinner at 8pm at the steakhouse. There were perhaps 15 people in line and we simply breezed to the front and were immediately taken to our table. My only issue with this is getting the daggers and smart comments out of my back as I "cut" the line for immediate seating. It would be nice to have a separate check-in. We stayed in a royal cabana last time and I must say the jr Suites are much better in my opinion.

They seemed to have a new approach to get you to the Travel Club brief as well. They put a little card in your keyslot in your door offering you a free gift. After I had received two of these, I took them to the lobby and told them that I wasn't interested. The lady was incredulous that we weren't interested in something "free" are we that bad in America? Oh well that was the end and i wasn't contacted further. I think our favorite part of the resort is the spa, we used it 6 of the 8 days. Another wonderful trip complete! Paradise lost but fondly remembered!

Room Tip: Cabanas have limited AC pick a suite or Jr Suite
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Royal Suites Yucatan by Palladium? Share your experiences!