“Fun place” 5 of 5 stars

Medford Lakes, New Jersey
25 attraction reviews
“Fun place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Lots of condos, restaurants, beautiful private homes lining a reef protected, rocky beach. Decent snorkeling, very much like Akumal Bay, next door, but access is limited, and the rocks can be dangerous if you don't know the water.

Visited February 2013

Houston, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“Nice place to swim and snorkel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed at a condo so I had easy access to the beach. The beach is really nice to do some snorkeling. There are snorkeling spots to the right and the left of the bay looking from the beach. I was surprised though to see that the amount and variety of fish in the area is not as high as it should (my perception). This is a sand beach, but it consist mostly of rocks once you get into the water so take shoes and be careful.

Visited June 2013
scarborough
3 attraction reviews
“awsome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

swam with turtles amazing and had a lovley lunch in resturant on beach few shops to look around a must

Visited October 2012
5 attraction reviews
“Great snorkeling in the place of the turtles.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Half moon bay was great. It is a little difficult to get in the water due to the shoreline being pretty rocky. The snotkeling was generally very good. We saw lots of turtles. We saw a resident giant barracuda and many small colorful, tropical fish. We even saw an octopus scurry along the bottom. I would like to urge caution to parents of small children. I took my wife and two pre-teen children for a leisurely snorkel trip. I didn't realize that the tide was going out, and before long I looked up and we were a couple of hundred yards from shore. The tide was pulling us towards the outer reef and it literally took everything I had to get me and the kids in. We swam from one coral formation to the next and even though you are not supposed to I balanced on the coral head with the tips of my fins while me and the kids caught our breath. It looks very safe and serene but it could have been tragic. Knowing this I think I would either have snorkel vests or some sort of floatation device. If you stay close to shore there is still plenty to see and no problems with the tide. It is beautiful and I can't wait to go again but would be a little more careful next time. It truly is paradise.

Visited July 2012
10 attraction reviews
“Nice, but I would stay at Akulma Beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We walked from Akulma beach to the half moon bay, it was a nice area, but it was mainly for the private residents there. No amenities, I would just stay at the Akulma Beach and swim with those nice turtles.

Visited September 2012