We took our honeymoon to the Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach Resort. We absolutely loved the resort. It is large enough that you don't feel like you're crowded even when there are a lot of people there.
Book your restaurants right away when you get there. We ate at 9:00 every night and it was nice because a couple of nights we had the restaurant all to ourselves. The can't miss restaurant is the Japanese restaurant. The rest were good, but not great. You can tell that everything is cooked in corn oil. It all has that corn taste to it. We thought the food was good, just not great.
Our tip for this resort***** Bring your own beach towel. If you don't turn the resort's towel card (they give you a card that can be exchanged for a towel and vise versa) in at the end of your stay you will be charged $40. Bring your own and just leave the towel card in the safe in your room. Someone stole one of our towels off of our beach chair so we had to pay for one of them.
The grounds are large, but we found the walking around very nice, and like I said earlier it made it feel like there were very few people there.
The pools were very nice. The swim up bars are fun and the service is good. We spent most of our pool time in the "quiet" pool (the one without a pool bar.) Because it was the pool with the least people in it. The lazy river is nice too.
The poolside/ocean side snack bars are nice too. My favorite was the one by the beach. I loved the fajitas that were there at lunchtime every day.
The ice cream cafe is nice on a hot day. And the coffee bar is nice after the evening meal.
The room was nice and big, and since we were on our honeymoon we had an oceanview room and a basket of fruit and champaign and tequilla on arrival. The rooms were clean and we didn't have a problem with the a/c at all. We thought the bed was comfortable.
Overall, we had a great relaxing time and couldn't have been happier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico