Another great vacation at the Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach. We have been to Mexico numerous times with this being our 4th time on the Riviera Mayan and second time at this resort.
I travel with my 85 year old mother and we really enjoyed this resort again.
We had requested a top level room as a sea view was very important to us. When we checked in we were offered a 2nd floor room in building 24 or 25 – no sea view and quite a walk to the beach. The view was important for us as we really enjoy sitting on the balcony especially watching the sunrise. We decided to pay for the upgrade (approximately $20/day per person) and got a 3rd floor (top floor) room 2972 at the end of the building. It was a perfect location for us as it was the closest to the beach on the Mayan Beach side and only had one neighbor beside us. It really cut down on the walking to the beach which was important to my Mom and was very quiet. Room was also provided good access to all other areas of the resort. Just be prepared to walk a little or wait for a cart to give you a ride.
Two of the consierge’s were amazing. Many thanks to Trini and Alberto who managed to book restaurants and spa treatments for us. We really enjoyed the hydra treatment at the spa.
Restaurants were all very good. We went to the Mexican, Cajun, Brazilian, Japanese and Steak house. We really enjoyed each one with the Cajun being our least favorite and Japanese and Brazilian being our favourite. Make sure you make your restaurant reservations as soon as you arrive and keep checking back to ensure you get the reservations you want. We ate at restaurants as often as possible as we preferred that over the buffet.
We are beach people so we would spend all day at the beach. Our favorite time was early in the morning before it got too busy. We didn’t even bother going for breakfast. Instead we would get our coffee and muffin or pastry from the coffee shop (thank you to the amazing coffee shop staff) and enjoy it on the beach. I would recommend taking beach shoes as there are a number of rocks on the beach and in the water. We have had better beaches at other resorts but it is still a beautiful beach. Beach service was just awesome with Guadaloupe providing just awesome service. She always remembered our drinks, worked so hard and was just an lovely person.
We knew what to expect this time with the rooms and took our own pillows. This meant a much more comfortable stay as the hotel’s pillows are very flat and hard. The other reviews have covered other aspects to the rooms and facilities.
We look forward to our next trip to the Grand Sirenis and would be happy to answer any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Otel, Orbitz, getaroom.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico