Absolutely amazing week at Grand Sirenis!!!! We were in the 22 building and had no issues with it. Our concierge Marcas was amazing!!! The beach was excellent, we never went out and put towels down but always got chairs no matter what time we got there. We didn't spend much time at the pool as we had went for the beach but they were nice. The lazy river was a great addition to the resort, but be prepared to fall in!
All the staff were great, and work very hard!!!! We never had to wait for drinks at meal time or at any of the bars. The captain at the Italian restaurant went out of his way to help me as I am gluten free and he had them make me some gluten free bread. We ate at the Italian, Mexican and Cajun restaurants and the food at all of them was great! The buffet was always good as well for breakfast and supper, lunch was always just something at the snack bar on the beach which was also good.
The entertainment team was amazing!! They are super friendly and go out of their way to help you. They are there all day doing the daytime activities, then all evening doing the nightly shows yet they are always friendly. Jesus was amazing!!!! Great employee!!!
The room was very nice! Beds a bit hard, but definitely not a deal breaker!!
We were through Transat and did their free trip to the jewellery store and this was the only negative experience we had as it was our last day and they gave our seats in the van away saying we could get the next one in 5 minutes. However that did not happen and we wasted an hour sitting on the steps waiting for a ride to Playa del Carmen. And when we got there they said the bus home was full and we would be taking the later one, which would have us waste our entire last beach day so we got fed up and walked to the end of 5th Avenue and took the public transit back. Which was great, cheap and quicker as it just stops on the highway and doesn't go in to all the resorts.
This was my 4th trip down south, first trip to Mexico and was the best vacation I have ever had! I will definitly be going back!!! Everything about this resort was excellent and the staff are soooooo great!!!
Thanks for an amazing vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa 5* is an astonishing complex, situated on the Mayan Riviera, just 20 miles from Playa del Carmen, and 1 hour from the airport at Cancun. Is in a class of its own due to its spectacular design. It brings to mind the ancient Mayan buildings; but at the same time, a moder, minimalist style which blends perfectly with the luxurious natural vegetation in the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Hotel And Spa
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Akumal
- Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
- Grand Sirenis Mexico
- Gran Sirenis
- Sirenis Riviera Maya
- Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya Resort & Spa Akumal, Mexico